Hello. I want a feedback.

"Im obviously not saying that my system is better than kick box (it isn't) but i tried to make a system that is both fun to learn and effective in a self defense situation (not to do it like sports"

You're flat-out lying now. Unless you don't know that kickboxing is a sport? The way this sentence is structured is that you don't like kickboxing because it's a sport, and therefore not effective in self-defense.

Please write better next time.

So you put even less work into this than we previously thought. Anything that could've been at least attributed to creativity can now be explained that AI did it for you. So the one glimmer of hope that there's any redeeming qualities here is gone.
Kick boxing is very effective in self defense, just like box.

Hook -> cross is a common combo that makes sense. So, there is a lack of understanding (e.g., AI) of fighting, opponent reactions, action/reaction, etc., GIGO.

Her's what Bing Copilot came up with

Yes, using a right hook punch followed by a left cross punch can be very efficient in terms of body mechanics if executed correctly. Here’s how:

Right Hook Punch:

1. Stance: Start with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent.
  2. Rotation: Rotate your hips and shoulders to the left as you throw the right hook. This rotation generates power from your core.
  3. Follow-Through: Ensure your right elbow is bent at a 90-degree angle, and your fist moves in a horizontal arc towards the target.

Transition to Left Cross Punch:

1. Weight Shift: After the right hook, quickly shift your weight back to your left foot.
  2. Rotation: Rotate your hips and shoulders to the right as you throw the left cross. This counter-rotation helps maintain balance and power.
  3. Follow-Through: Extend your left arm straight towards the target, using the rotation of your hips and shoulders to generate power.

Key Considerations:

• Balance: Maintain a stable stance throughout the punches to avoid overextending and losing balance.
  • Speed: The transition between the right hook and left cross should be quick to maintain momentum and effectiveness.
  • Guard: Keep your non-punching hand up to protect your face and body from counterattacks.

Benefits:

• Power Generation: Proper rotation of the hips and shoulders maximizes the power of each punch.
  • Fluidity: Smooth transitions between punches make your combinations more effective and harder to predict.
  • Efficiency: Utilizing the core and lower body reduces strain on the arms and shoulders, making your punches more efficient.
This combination leverages the rotational force of your body, making it a powerful and efficient sequence in boxing or martial arts

Don't let this dishearten you though mate. I'd seek out a good school you're interested in, and just train. Wouldn't worry about creating a new martial, just immerse yourself in it, train and enjoy. Maybe years down the road with enough experience you may have the right knowledge base from which to look into creating a new style. But it takes alot of time ;)
Definitely. No need to start from nothing. Build on the knowledge that is already available. Pick a school that fits the traits that you want your new fighting system to have.

Definitely. No need to start from nothing. Build on the knowledge that is already available. Pick a school that fits the traits that you want your new fighting system to have.
I might. But i will say one last thing (probably) to this thread. My intention was never to make something fully original. Let me explain.

My plan was to make a self defense style. İt didnt need to be original. İt already uses known weak points. I tried to make it easy, like adding build-in forms. I thought the idea of the style was good, because it might carry you in a small fight. What i was saying by mine isn't a sport is, my style doesn't really stand a chance against other fighting styles, like boxing, muay thai. The thing is, i am researching martial arts. Like muay thai, boxing, karate. I don't know too much. But i know some little things. What i meant by im training myself in my own style is, i was trying to make combos to use in special situations. I know my style isnt so original. All i wanted to learn is, if my style would work in a small street fight. No one gave the answer i was asking for. But i understood everyones point. I understood that i should gain experience. I have 2-3 months of kick box experience, and like 4 months of Aikido (it has nothing to with my style. Thats why i never said that).
When i came here, i already knew the "reality" that i was experienceless.

Anyway.
Screenshot_20231125_063439_Facebook.jpg

And what you do is, you just take the basic ideas of how to fight good. And you use them as your delivery system for self defence.

Want to throw palm strikes?

Learn how to punch without getting punched back.

Want to restrain a guy?

Learn to wrestle.

Then take all that ability to move safely through their strikes, defend their grappling and create a strong position for yourself and then be as creative as you want.

And you can still get the good feedback of some vanilla system fighter punching and kicking you to keep you honest.

So for example. Guy who can fight plus some other guys crazy martial arts ideas equals a system that has a small chance of actually working.

So for example. Guy who can fight plus some other guys crazy martial arts ideas equals a system that has a small chance of actually working.

And what you do is, you just take the basic ideas of how to fight good. And you use them as your delivery system for self defence.

Want to restrain a guy?

Learn to wrestle.

Then take all that ability to move safely through their strikes, defend their grappling and create a strong position for yourself and then be as creative as you want.

And you can still get the good feedback of some vanilla system fighter punching and kicking you to keep you honest.
I think i understand your point.

Thank you y'all for your ideas and reviews.

My plan was to make a self defense style.
Confucius spent 3 days to think/create. At the end of the 3 days, he told his students that he preferred to spend those 3 days to study instead.

A PhD student starts to write his research paper because he has studied for at least 20 years.

The day when the following tools are all in your toolbox, it may be time for you to create. Until then, develop your toolbox may be the best thing for you to do.

Tools:

1. Punch - jab, cross, hook, uppercut, overhand, back fist, hammer fist, side punch, spiral punch, hay-maker, ...
2. Kick - front toe kick, front heel kick, side kick, roundhouse kick, hook kick, back kick, inside crescent kick, outside crescent kick, tornado kick, jumping double front kick, jumping crescent kick, ...
3. Knee - upward knee, horizontal knee, 45 degree knee, flying knee, ...
4. Elbow - horizontal elbow, upward elbow, downward elbow, forward elbow, backward elbow, ...
5. Lock - finger lock, wrist lock, elbow lock, shoulder lock, head lock, spine lock, knee lock, ankle lock, ...
6. Throw - single leg, double legs, hip throw, leg twist, leg spring, leg lift, leg block, foot sweep, ...
7. Footwork - forward step, backward step, side step, wheeling step, circle walking, circle running, long distance advance, long distance retreat, ...
8. Ground game - full mount, side mount, arm bar, leg bar, choke, ...

Last edited:
I might. But i will say one last thing (probably) to this thread. My intention was never to make something fully original. Let me explain.

My plan was to make a self defense style. İt didnt need to be original. İt already uses known weak points. I tried to make it easy, like adding build-in forms. I thought the idea of the style was good, because it might carry you in a small fight. What i was saying by mine isn't a sport is, my style doesn't really stand a chance against other fighting styles, like boxing, muay thai. The thing is, i am researching martial arts. Like muay thai, boxing, karate. I don't know too much. But i know some little things. What i meant by im training myself in my own style is, i was trying to make combos to use in special situations. I know my style isnt so original. All i wanted to learn is, if my style would work in a small street fight. No one gave the answer i was asking for. But i understood everyones point. I understood that i should gain experience. I have 2-3 months of kick box experience, and like 4 months of Aikido (it has nothing to with my style. Thats why i never said that).
When i came here, i already knew the "reality" that i was experienceless.
Honestly, if self defense is important to you and you're not going to join a school, you're better off picking 3 or 4 simple combinations and work them on a bag of some sort until you can do them fast, with power, and without having to think about what you're doing. Until each of those combos can happen as a reflex.

Or even just go train a martial art that has palm strikes.

Honestly, if self defense is important to you and you're not going to join a school, you're better off picking 3 or 4 simple combinations and work them on a bag of some sort until you can do them fast, with power, and without having to think about what you're doing. Until each of those combos can happen as a reflex.
He'd still have to use some sort of existing system to come up with those simple combinations. And then it's going to be tough to make sure he's doing them properly to actually have speed and power unless he's got someone checking his form.

A reason not just any practitioner should be changing the kata.

Can you name a couple? I don't know of any off hand.
Pinan/Heian Yondan and K(us)anku Dai have kicks followed by elbow strikes. I think the reasoning might be that if you successfully land the side kick to the mid-section, the pain will cause them to hunch over, which brings their head closer to you for the elbow strike.

Last edited:
Pinan/Heian Yondan and K(us)anku Dai have kicks followed by elbow strikes.
The issue was a side kick followed by an elbow. This is normally executed in Shotokan and TKD as long-range kicks. To have such a kick followed by a short-range strike doesn't make sense.

Pinan 4 in most Okinawan styles uses a close-range front kick before the elbow. The same with Kusanku. (It's thought that Itosu lifted this combo from Kusanku when he developed pinan 4.) Some Shotokan and TKD may do their versions with a side kick, but their modifications have strayed from the original Okinawan design and may be a case of putting form over practical function.

You: "I think the reasoning might be that if you successfully land the side kick to the mid-section, the pain will cause them to hunch over, which brings their head closer to you for the elbow strike."

You have the general reasoning correct since I detailed it for you in a previous post. I quote it below to refresh your memory
A kick that could be followed by a close-range strike (elbow, back fist, uppercut) would have to be a medium or close-range kick to a lower body target. A downward angled side kick to the knee or snapping front kick to the groin, for example, would result in the opponent's upper body to bend forward and thus be in range of an elbow or other close-range strike. These kinds of combos are common in Okinawan kata.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to design an airplane. I don't have any engineering training or experience, but when I was a kid I used a board to dam up a little irrigation ditch and flood a field. And I flew on an airplane once.

I think I'm going to design an airplane. I don't have any engineering training or experience, but when I was a kid I used a board to dam up a little irrigation ditch and flood a field. And I flew on an airplane once.

It's the pilot not the airplane. So there is no way that can fail.

Back