Hello. I want a feedback.

So a side kick combo would not make sense if your opponent is at far range, because the combo would only make sense if your side kick missed.
But earlier it only made sense if your opponent was far because your side kick hit.

This is what I'm talking about.
The side kick, elbow strike only make sense is after your side kick, your opponent moves into you.

Now i even feel bad for posting this LoL. The thing i wanted was a review from a professional to my martial arts so i will learn if i should share this with others or train. Now i understand my mistake of starting this without experience. I wasnt able to get the review i wanted because of my lack of experience about martial arts. No one needs to reply further. I already gave up on the post and the martial art.
Don't let this dishearten you though mate. I'd seek out a good school you're interested in, and just train. Wouldn't worry about creating a new martial, just immerse yourself in it, train and enjoy. Maybe years down the road with enough experience you may have the right knowledge base from which to look into creating a new style. But it takes alot of time ;)

...And then what does the opponent do in your video?
I don't quite agree with B's respond in that video. When B dodges under A's hook, A can use elbow strike on B's head. To dodge a hook without pushing back on your opponent's hook punch elbow joint is dangerous.

At 0.17, it's very clear to see it that A's right elbow can land on B's head. It's also clear to see that A's cross will have difficulty to land on B (A's own right arm is in the way).

Last edited:
I don't quite agree with the respond in that video. When his opponent dodges under his hook, he can use elbow strike on his opponent's head. To dodge a hook without pushing back on your opponent's hook punch elbow joint is dangerous.

It's very clear to see it at 0.17 (watch that possible right elbow).

Do you agree with the response in my fight video which shows countering the right cross with a "right hook, left cross" makes sense?

The "right hook, left cross" does not make sense.

- Right hook makes your body to rotate to your left. Left cross makes your body to rotate to your right. It takes times to switch your body rotation directions. also
- when your opponent dodges under your right hook, he will be on your right-side door and your own right arm will jam your own left cross.

This is why more information will be needed to input into AI in order for AI to do the smart selection.

The side kick, elbow strike only make sense is after your side kick, your opponent moves into you.
As I replied previously, most counter-attacks following a dodge involve your opponent moving towards you.

So, your combo has to make logical sense.
A kick that could be followed by a close-range strike (elbow, back fist, uppercut) would have to be a medium or close-range kick to a lower body target. A downward angled side kick to the knee or snapping front kick to the groin, for example, would result in the opponent's upper body to bend forward and thus be in range of an elbow or other close-range strike. These kinds of combos are common in Okinawan kata.

Do you agree with the response in my fight video which shows countering the right cross with a "right hook, left cross" makes sense?
If your opponent doesn't dodge under your hook, your video makes sense. Your right hook, left cross is similar to right hook, left hook (one of my favors). If will work if your opponent only moves back.

You find a hole in my statement. Thanks for pointing that out.

Last edited:
A kick that could be followed by a close-range strike (elbow, back fist, uppercut) would have to be a medium or close-range kick to a lower body target. A downward angled side kick to the knee or snapping front kick to the groin, for example, would result in the opponent's upper body to bend forward and thus be in range of an elbow or other close-range strike. These kinds of combos are common in Okinawan kata.
To use a kick to set up a punch may exist in all MA systems. But to use kick to set up elbow strike can be quite different. At least I haven't seen in any CMA system.

Many years ago, an Austin TKD school gave a public demo (1974, or 1975?). That was the 1st time I saw it.

Not inisiting further but just saying. When i said i don't really have experience, i meant i just have 2 months of kick box experience (if i remember correct). But i am yellow belt. And i know the basics like how to punch. I just meant i just know the basics.

Don't let this dishearten you though mate. I'd seek out a good school you're interested in, and just train. Wouldn't worry about creating a new martial, just immerse yourself in it, train and enjoy. Maybe years down the road with enough experience you may have the right knowledge base from which to look into creating a new style. But it takes alot of time ;)
Thank you bro.

Not inisiting further but just saying. When i said i don't really have experience, i meant i just have 2 months of kick box experience (if i remember correct). But i am yellow belt. And i know the basics like how to punch. I just meant i just know the basics.
Why do you want to develop your own system rather than learn an existing one or even tweaking an existing one?

Why do you want to develop your own system rather than learn an existing one or even tweaking an existing one?
Because i don't really want to learn kick box (i left it like a year ago). If you read my system, you can see that it has some blows like palm blows. Im obviously not saying that my system is better than kick box (it isn't) but i tried to make a system that is both fun to learn and effective in a self defense situation (not to do it like sports). Thats why i came here. To ask if someone with experience would like the idea and the forms of the style or not.

2 months is basically nothing. Yellow belt is just a white belt that knows the names of the moves.

Your overview describes this as "meticulously designed with a deep understanding". Where does the deep understanding come in? You have 2 months of experience. These are empty buzzwords. They also apply to virtually every martial art, so even if they were true, they would do nothing to set your art apart.
Because i don't really want to learn kick box (i left it like a year ago). If you read my system, you can see that it has some blows like palm blows. Im obviously not saying that my system is better than kick box (it isn't) but i tried to make a system that is both fun to learn and effective in a self defense situation (not to do it like sports).
As someone who has done TKD, wrestling, Muay Thai, and BJJ, I can tell you that those "do it like sports" arts are pretty damn effective.

Taekwondo:

Wrestling:

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu:

As for Muay Thai, I've seen the pictures of what happened to someone who tried to break into my coach's house. For this "sport" art, it seems to do pretty well.

Thats why i came here. To ask if someone with experience would like the idea and the forms of the style or not.

Your style is flawed at every level. At the top level, the way you've categorized things doesn't make sense. It sounds like someone who hasn't trained at all, or has trained very little. "Special Techniques", "Ultimate Attack", "Ultimate State" aren't things in reality. Those are things you find in anime and JRPGs. Your "scientific approach" claim is absolutely false. Every martial art has some degree of science to it, especially those sports that you can't stand. There's also a number of martial arts (the majority of them, in fact) that do more than just punch and kick.

When you make claims that yours is better than all the other, and then are just plain wrong about the others, it calls into question your own understanding.

The techniques themselves are also horribly classified. It seems like you picked a random list of techniques on Wikipedia that don't even connect together. For example, one of your basic techniques combines elements of two other basic techniques, one of which doesn't exist. Your special techniques are all rather silly, for example considering a combination (which is a staple of martial arts) to be a "special technique".

Your post doesn't read like someone who has the requisite knowledge and experience to create a reputable martial art. Instead, it sounds like someone who watched an anime show, looked up the wiki for that show, and then created their own.

Had this been posted in the off-topic channel as "I want to write an anime, please rate the martial arts system" it might have been more positively reviewed.

I agree. But if it's someone genuinely interested, maybe young, I'd rather not have them get run off at what may be their first interactions with real martial artists. This person may join a school and end up being good. Never know. You're right in what you said above for sure though. The OP won't know without the experience......
Maybe I've just gotten more jaded and cynical over time.

I don't get the sense that OP is interested in training. Especially based on later posts where he says he did 2 months of kickboxing and then quit because it's not realistic (and apparently Akays Dragon Slayer Fist is).

Maybe I've just gotten more jaded and cynical over time.

I don't get the sense that OP is interested in training. Especially based on later posts where he says he did 2 months of kickboxing and then quit because it's not realistic (and apparently Akays Dragon Slayer Fist is).
What? I never said kick box is not realistic. I said my martial art isnt as good as kick box. Please read better next time. I never said sport martial arts are bad either. You didnt even red what i wrote carefully. Plus those "deep understanding" and "Ultimate" things come from AI. Saying again, i said i didnt want to train kick box. I didnt say it isnt realistic or it is bad. Its far better than Akays Dragon Slayer Fist. But i didn't want to do martial arts as sport and i tried to make an effective system that is good for self-defense.

What? I never said kick box is not realistic. I said my martial art isnt as good as kick box. Please read better next time. I never said sport martial arts are bad either. You didnt even red what i wrote carefully.
"Im obviously not saying that my system is better than kick box (it isn't) but i tried to make a system that is both fun to learn and effective in a self defense situation (not to do it like sports"

You're flat-out lying now. Unless you don't know that kickboxing is a sport? The way this sentence is structured is that you don't like kickboxing because it's a sport, and therefore not effective in self-defense.

Please write better next time.

Plus those "deep understanding" and "Ultimate" things come from AI.

So you put even less work into this than we previously thought. Anything that could've been at least attributed to creativity can now be explained that AI did it for you. So the one glimmer of hope that there's any redeeming qualities here is gone.

"Im obviously not saying that my system is better than kick box (it isn't) but i tried to make a system that is both fun to learn and effective in a self defense situation (not to do it like sports"

You're flat-out lying now. Unless you don't know that kickboxing is a sport? The way this sentence is structured is that you don't like kickboxing because it's a sport, and therefore not effective in self-defense.

Please write better next time.

So you put even less work into this than we previously thought. Anything that could've been at least attributed to creativity can now be explained that AI did it for you. So the one glimmer of hope that there's any redeeming qualities here is gone.
Alright, sorry for writing bad. But i made the forms, as im saying again. What i didn't do was the categorization of the "Ultimate" ones.

Back