cutting punch

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly are you calling a strike in the form?

And why are you afraid of having your gate punch pinned down? Are you not confident about it?
Quit with the strawman tactics. You know damn we'll there are punches & palm strikes in the form.

I've clearly explained the gate punch, not doing it again.

Why are you afraid to admit his elbow comes up?

Why won't you explain the "elbow ideas"?

It's evident that you aren't going to or simply can't. So I'm putting an end to this farce of a "conversation", I hope you got some useful information. Good day.

Reactions: KPM
I've clearly explained the gate punch, not doing it again.

Just asking for confirmation so we aren't talking past each other.

Why are you afraid to admit his elbow comes up?

The sections training the elbow for punching are not obvious and his elbow doesn't come up.

Looks to me like the elbow is rising on every strike, exactly as I explained. Tell me, how is it wrong again?

Elbow not rising. Be aware that this video contains intentional errors, if you are seeking to learn from it

This is because, given past form, you will claim that you also do it that way. Far more instructive to find out what you would actually do first

Never said it was, I also said that you don't intentionally try to perform a gate punch several times.

If you are rotating or rising in order to make contact, then hand chasing, not LSDD

LSDD not reliant upon work arounds, works always

Elbow not rising. Be aware that this video contains intentional errors, if you are seeking to learn from it
Bull, there aren't any intentional errors, keep telling yourself that fairytale so you can continue to be obtuse. The elbow rises on every punch & palm strike just as I described. It is physically impossible for it not to. A punch is an extension of the arm, the elbow is a hinge joint that opens upward on a straight punch. Continue to deny it all you want it only makes you look even more ignorant.The more I engage with you buffoons, the more apparent it becomes how little you actually know. I am now placing you both on ignore. I've better things to do with my time than give scraps to entitled wannabe's.

A punch is an extension of the arm, the elbow is a hinge joint that opens upward on a straight punch.

That's how you punch, popping the elbow up. Problem is because you don't even know why VT uses a vertical fist.

Bull, there aren't any intentional errors, keep telling yourself that fairytale so you can continue to be obtuse.

I think that people copying WSL's public videos is a big part of the problem. He was careful to guard the method.

That video for example contains a couple of glaring errors. You will not see these in a 1 to 1 situation. That you don't recognise them explains a lot of your anger and frustration, and your inability when it comes to making the system work

The elbow rises on every punch & palm strike just as I described. It is physically impossible for it not to. A punch is an extension of the arm, the elbow is a hinge joint that opens upward on a straight punch.

The elbow doesn't rise in the relevant parts of that clip. I guess you are looking in the wrong place?

Continue to deny it all you want it only makes you look even more ignorant.The more I engage with you buffoons, the more apparent it becomes how little you actually know. I am now placing you both on ignore. I've better things to do with my time than give scraps to entitled wannabe's.

:hilarious:

Shoulder firmly in socket, elbow down and vertical fist to align radius and ulna, body rotation as needed to create angle for natural wedge.
I don't see how you can call it a work around if you utilize a Biu Sau in any manner. It would be the exact same move.

Biu-sau has the palm down. Why not punch with a horizontal fist then? What makes you use a vertical fist?

And it requires a pivot and rising elbow while on the inside in order to work. It's a workaround.
As has been clearly shown, hitting high requires the elbow to rise. In fact, I challenge you to show me a punch where the elbow stays in and doesn't ever rise. Can't happen unless you're punching down.

The reason would be so that you aren't able to just claim them as your own, as you have done many times before. This is why it is useful to talk things through to get a clear idea of where others stand before revealing details.

Being evasive and dishonest doesn't help speed this process.
No, trying to get others to explain their ideas in your terms doesn't get clarity. You asked about elbows. They responded, and you basically said, "That's not what I'm talking about." Then you ask them to show you an example of something in their system that IS what you're talking about...but you still haven't told them what you're talking about.

Show me something in WSLVT that incorporates "striking in the void."

Reactions: KPM
Lsdd is not hand chasing
And how, precisely, is punching someone (when it happens to intersect their punch) "hand chasing"? They aren't adjusting their punch to intersect the incoming attack - they stay on their own line. They simply practice a variety of punch that makes the intersection more likely.

And how, precisely, is punching someone (when it happens to intersect their punch) "hand chasing"? They aren't adjusting their punch to intersect the incoming attack - they stay on their own line. They simply practice a variety of punch that makes the intersection more likely.

They have to pivot and either sink or raise their elbow to wedge out the incoming line above or below their arm. That's a lot of deliberate work in response to a punch. It may be a direct punch, but it has to change in response to the incoming line or it won't intersect it.

Bull, there aren't any intentional errors, keep telling yourself that fairytale so you can continue to be obtuse. The elbow rises on every punch & palm strike just as I described. It is physically impossible for it not to. A punch is an extension of the arm, the elbow is a hinge joint that opens upward on a straight punch. Continue to deny it all you want it only makes you look even more ignorant.The more I engage with you buffoons, the more apparent it becomes how little you actually know. I am now placing you both on ignore. I've better things to do with my time than give scraps to entitled wannabe's.
I think I've got it. The intentional error is that the elbow is kept in. They must punch with the elbow flared out to the side at 90 degrees. From there, it need not rise. That fits their answers and descriptions, and is the only thing I can imagine for the human body that does.

That's how you punch, popping the elbow up. Problem is because you don't even know why VT uses a vertical fist.
Nobody said anything about "popping". Humans punch by extending the arm, which (unless they wing the arm out) causes the elbow to rise. It's the mechanics of the arm, and not a secret principle, flaw, or decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back