cutting punch

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the video he captured the still from.

PB is doing faak-sau throughout the clip to check the students' wu-sau.

As he says, "Wu-sau, wu-sau, wu-sau. The problem is... wu-sau".

Hmm... it sure looks like a right lap-sau and left hand fak-sau to me. BTW hasn't this become a really stupid thread? I think a lot of WC/WT/VT people must just delight in arguing. I mean, all this just regarding elbow position in punching? Sheesh.

FYI: In our lineage we keep the elbow low, and at proper hitting range (with the arm bent) the elbow tends to stay lower than the fist. Even when punching upward, the bent elbow points downward. Now when air-punching in practice, we let our punches extend and the arm straighten out. Then, of course the elbow rises, and many people from other lineages see this and think that we advocate "popping the elbow up". We don't. But others can think whatever they want. I will explain what we do and that's the end of it. Only an idiot knowingly argues with an idiot. I really have nothing more to add to this thread. :cool:

I think the "elbow position" thing is the product of a derail from the "usual suspects" to conceal something, the fact they said something that initially violated basic biomechanics. If your elbow is down, when you strike, the elbow will rise (as it moves forward) in relation to the surface you are standing on. That was the initial point, which they denied and now are going all over the place in terms of things to try and obfuscate that their denial of this biomechanical fact was simply silly because denying basic biomechanics is like denying Newton's laws of Physics.

I think the "elbow position" thing is the product of a derail from the "usual suspects" to conceal something, the fact they said something that initially violated basic biomechanics. If your elbow is down, when you strike, the elbow will rise (as it moves forward) in relation to the surface you are standing on. That was the initial point, which they denied and now are going all over the place in terms of things to try and obfuscate that their denial of this biomechanical fact was simply silly because denying basic biomechanics is like denying Newton's laws of Physics.

If the elbow pops up to above shoulder level, it is being allowed to rise.

VT elbow stays low. It doesn't rise to shoulder level and definitely not above.

How is that "all over the place"? It's what I have been saying.
If I punch forward, my elbow stays low and moves forward.

but that isn't what I thought was being discussed.
Honestly, I thought this entire thread was about nothing. I mean, seriously. Arguing about whether an elbow goes up or not, and then each side saying, "aha! I caught you! The sky isn't blue; it's teal."

My apologies, the first photo was indeed a Faak Sau, it was performed at :14 in the video. I posted the wrong one

This is the image I meant to post, it is from :15 in the video and is a straight punch, not a Faak Sau. It is a very quick in and out. It shows exactly what I was speaking of. Now you can contest it until you're blue in the face. I will not be convinced otherwise. Slow it down frame for frame and view it for yourself.
upload_2016-12-8_23-49-23.png

Honestly, I thought this entire thread was about nothing. I mean, seriously. Arguing about whether an elbow goes up or not, and then each side saying, "aha! I caught you! The sky isn't blue; it's teal."
I think it's more that a bunch of us are frustrated by two people. You could post a video from their Sifu that completely contradicts them and they would say "our Sifu purposefully lied in that video" to dismiss their error.

Some people chose to just ignore them, a valid response. Some of us have just had it to the point that they need to illustrate just how ridiculous they are being.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

My apologies, the first photo was indeed a Faak Sau, it was performed at :14 in the video. I posted the wrong one

This is the image I meant to post, it is from :15 in the video and is a straight punch, not a Faak Sau.

Also faak-sau. :facepalm:

First is laap+faak. Second is paak+faak.

You are not a Wing Chun practitioner. Just quit.

Hmm... it sure looks like a right lap-sau and left hand fak-sau to me. BTW hasn't this become a really stupid thread? I think a lot of WC/WT/VT people must just delight in arguing. I mean, all this just regarding elbow position in punching? Sheesh.

FYI: In our lineage we keep the elbow low, and at proper hitting range (with the arm bent) the elbow tends to stay lower than the fist. Even when punching upward, the bent elbow points downward. Now when air-punching in practice, we let our punches extend and the arm straighten out. Then, of course the elbow rises, and many people from other lineages see this and think that we advocate "popping the elbow up". We don't. But others can think whatever they want. I will explain what we do and that's the end of it. Only an idiot knowingly argues with an idiot. I really have nothing more to add to this thread. :cool:
Yes this whole discussion is ignorant, I take my share of the blame. What I can't understand is why so many allow LFJ and Guy B. to continue to bully without calling them out on their BS.

If the elbow pops up to above shoulder level, it is being allowed to rise.

VT elbow stays low. It doesn't rise to shoulder level and definitely not above.

How is that "all over the place"? It's what I have been saying.
If I punch forward, my elbow stays low and moves forward.
First that wasn't the original issue. The original issue was that the elbow rises in relation to the surface you are standing on as you extend a punch. So thank you for illustrating my point.

Secondly your idea immediately creates a conundrum. You are, in essence saying, that if a WC practitioner is of a certain height their will eventually be an opponent they can only "body blow". As an example I used to work with a female that was 5'1". Using your idea she would not be able to use WC to punch a subject in the face if they were say, over 5'6". That is non-sensical and disproved by previously shown photos of PB himself.

Or is this not PB.

3a5ffe91a9cc3f30237d2bdc20216493.jpg

And there we aren'tseeing a 6 inch height difference. But yeah...

This is the image I meant to post, it is from :15 in the video and is a straight punch, not a Faak Sau. It is a very quick in and out. It shows exactly what I was speaking of. Now you can contest it until you're blue in the face. I will not be convinced otherwise. Slow it down frame for frame and view it for yourself.

Yeah, I noticed that watching the clip. Seems legit, it followed the fak a split second before and returned like a jab without changing the arm position. That would have taken more time. Just shows that when you are very good, you can bend the rules, to follow an even more basic rule -- efficiency. This was a good clip, eh?

Yes this whole discussion is ignorant, I take my share of the blame. What I can't understand is why so many allow LFJ and Guy B. to continue to bully without calling them out on their BS.

Bully?

Are you playing victim now? Like Juany did when he said TWC doesn't step away, but his video showed the guy's foot stepping backward away from the opponent, and he said I'm "taking shots" on the lineage by pointing that out...

First that wasn't the original issue. The original issue was that the elbow rises in relation to the surface you are standing on as you extend a punch. So thank you for illustrating my point.

Secondly your idea immediately creates a conundrum. You are, in essence saying, that if a WC practitioner is of a certain height their will eventually be an opponent they can only "body blow". As an example I used to work with a female that was 5'1". Using your idea she would not be able to use WC to punch a subject in the face if they were say, over 5'6". That is non-sensical and disproved by previously shown photos of PB himself.

Or is this not PB.

3a5ffe91a9cc3f30237d2bdc20216493.jpg

And there we aren'tseeing a 6 inch height difference. But yeah...

The original issue was popping the elbow up versus not.

And again, that is a freaking faak-sau! :facepalm:

It's not a f
Also faak-sau. :facepalm:

First is laap+faak. Second is paak+faak.

You are not a Wing Chun practitioner. Just quit.

It's a punch. But I guess when a hand is missing you can call it whatever you want. Regardless the same principle applies, doesn't matter if it's a fist or open hand. The argument is still valid. The elbow is above the shoulder. This same movement can be applied to inner gate strike.

Regardless the same principle applies, doesn't matter if it's a fist or open hand. The argument is still valid. The elbow is above the shoulder. This same movement can be applied to inner gate strike.

The elbow is up because it's a faak-sau. The hand is irrelevant.

You clearly aren't a Wing Chun practitioner.

We don't punch like that whether inner or outer.

The original issue was popping the elbow up versus not.

And again, that is a freaking faak-sau! :facepalm:
And you completely dodge my point about the 5'1" vs 5'6" person why? It's not even limited to that. People of similar height, if they wish to effectively punch an opponent in the face, will often have their elbow over the shoulder, if ever so slightly because the head is higher than the shoulder and the fist will be connect to the shoulder by the elbow.

But for clarification... cutting punch

Last edited:
As I said before, please just stop :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Doesn't recognise Faak?

Elbow above shoulder?

It's a troll. It doesn't do wing chun of any kind.

Good job and I believed it for quite a while:hilarious:

As I said before, please just stop :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Doesn't recognise Faak?

Elbow above shoulder?

It's a troll. It doesn't do wing chun of any kind.

Good job and I believed it for quite a while:hilarious:

cutting punch

Really, focus on the fak BUT ignore the correction. I assume you two will run for Parliament someday on a Nationalist platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back