SKK Combos

DM(Combination) #15 -

Professor I version of beginning - Left foot steps out toward 10:30 with left palm block to wrist followed by right knife hand block to elbow. Press elbow till opponent turns toward 6:00. Left ridge hand to throat.

For 15 we do the right crossover step to 1030 with the left&right parries. We step the left out then right as we do the left ridgehand to the neck. Simultaneous with the ridge hand is a right thrust punch to the kidney (actually we use a pressure point strike here a little lower but let's just say "kidney"), and then supporting them on the knee.

Our finish is not the double palm chest slam, instead we do the rake, rake, elbow to solar plexus, hammer to bladder/abdomen, but then as the left hand is still controlling the neck, we grab the back of the head with the right and execute a neck twisting snap as we withdraw the knee.

For 15 we do the right crossover step to 1030 with the left&right parries. We step the left out then right as we do the left ridgehand to the neck. Simultaneous with the ridge hand is a right thrust punch to the kidney (actually we use a pressure point strike here a little lower but let's just say "kidney"), and then supporting them on the knee.

Our finish is not the double palm chest slam, instead we do the rake, rake, elbow to solar plexus, hammer to bladder/abdomen, but then as the left hand is still controlling the neck, we grab the back of the head with the right and execute a neck twisting snap as we withdraw the knee.

There is a definate timing issue with the combination. With every step you are doing 2 stikes with it. You're also starting to understand the concept of rising and falling with your weight distribution to execute the strikes correctly.

Besides that, I have also had the last knife hand strike as a hammer strike. Nick cerio has a really rad "b" version of 15 but I don't know it...

Sounds how I have it. In my FV days, we would end by using a left iron palm to the chest as we pulled the left leg from supporting the opponent. When you apply the iron palm, the opponents head would snap forward, chin to chest. Then as thier back hits the ground, you can imagine what happens to the head ... a major headache, at the least. Now, at USSD, we simply let them drop under thier own weight.

I was really never that crazy about #14. I had it with a left knife hand block, followed by a scissor kick. Personally, I'd rather stay planted and just do a right front kick, rather than jumping.

#15: Step forward with the right leg into a twist stance while performing a rt. upward block. Redirect their punch to their groin while stepping out with your left leg and striking with a left ridge hand to the side of their neck. Step back with the right leg pulling them onto your left leg as you do a right verticle punch to the kidney area. Rake down their body with a tiger claw with the right arm. Rake back on their body with a tiger claw with the right arm. Right dropping elbow to the face. While stepping back with the left leg, right hammer to the chest, dropping them on the ground.

Mike

I was really never that crazy about #14. I had it with a left knife hand block, followed by a scissor kick. Personally, I'd rather stay planted and just do a right front kick, rather than jumping.

#15: Step forward with the right leg into a twist stance while performing a rt. upward block. Redirect their punch to their groin while stepping out with your left leg and striking with a left ridge hand to the side of their neck. Step back with the right leg pulling them onto your left leg as you do a right verticle punch to the kidney area. Rake down their body with a tiger claw with the right arm. Rake back on their body with a tiger claw with the right arm. Right dropping elbow to the face. While stepping back with the left leg, right hammer to the chest, dropping them on the ground.

Mike

The one thing that bothers me is the rake down that so many people do. How is this a rake? You are not clawing anything, you are going down with the back of your nails. seems more like a tickle. I am not coming at you, this is the way that i had it originally and i just never understood the why.
Jesse

You jump on 14 to deal with two attackers at the same time. If you have an extra second or two between attackers you can do front kick then back kick or vice versa.

I have it as

step out with left foot as the attacker comes in. with belt in both hands deliver a block with the belt. left hand high right low.

once to block is made take your left hand and press down on the attackers arm. as your right hand comes up and delivers a right back two knuckle punch to the attackers face ( temple area).
then flip the belt over the attackers head and shift your body around then and put your hip into there back and pull. this flpis them over.
once on the ground place your right or left foot on to there body
as you place the belt into the left hand ( so both ends of the belt are in the left hand. holding around the neck)
pull with the right shutting of the blood flow the the brain.
Kosho
Thats how i learned it back in the early 80s

I have 13 slightly different
I do a right back 2 knuckle to the ribs then slam the middle of the belt into the attackers neck as i shuffle in to maintain close body contact.
the right arm goes over the attakcer head by rubbing across the face and pushing the chin upwards - back and to the right. I find the punch to the head moves them away and it is harder to get the belt around the neck Once the attackers spine is mis allignerd my right leg steps clockwise into a horse stance or fighting stance and i cross my wrists over on the left side of my chest (the twisting encourages a choke). The attacker can be pulled over the back / shoulder like a hip throw or you can step back with the left leg while pulling downwards and the attacker sort of slides down to the ground as you tighten the choke.
Does any find that the block with the belt eliminates many of the attacker weapons. it is not skeletal freezing just positioning that makes counter attacking not flow easily. Plus we end up fighting from the side which not everyone trains to do...an SK advantage that i enjoy.

Respectfully,
Marlon

The one thing that bothers me is the rake down that so many people do. How is this a rake? You are not clawing anything, you are going down with the back of your nails. seems more like a tickle. I am not coming at you, this is the way that i had it originally and i just never understood the why.
Jesse

Professor I refers to this as clearing the meridian. What that means I have no idea, you would have to ask him. I haven't asked since I figure I am not at the stage of needing to work on meridian line details.

OK<OK<OK Play nice LOL
Comb 14. # 2 Block as you step back and then a sissor kick to the attackers solar plexus.
Thats how I learned it back in the early 80's
kosho

i like to leave out the block keeping the arm up as a guard and do the sicssor kick to the heart or plexus from about 4:30...so when i jump i angle off (escape )while moving my weight forwards and hit on the way down. The counter weight of the back kick is essential for balance and control

Respectfully,
marlon

Here is something i figured out on my extremely long trip back from Japan. to clarify on 13 when i do the throw it is over the left shoulder. Combination #13 is combination #3 with a belt. -- #3 left inward palm high, right punch low. (same position as when holding the belt) Push hand down in both tech. punch to head w/ right. #3 reaching behind to grab left shoulder. #13 wraps around towards left shoulder from front. then throw - i step back after the throw and tear the belt off the neck like i am starting the lawn mower. well that was one of my epiphanies. think about it, if you are a teacher and do 13 the way i do use it on your advanced students by asking them to find the 2 combinations that are almost idenitical from the foot work to hand positioning.
In Peace
Jesse

don't forget 29

Jesse
i have it as they are on my knee my left arm pushes their head to the right then a rt palm to the temple rt palm to the chest tiger to the groin and rake upwards to dig your fingers into those wonerful pressure points under the jaw and hank the head back tio stretch them out for a right dropping elbowe to the plexus and rt hammer to the groin or bladder. step back with double droppping knife hands to the collar bones.

Jesse, i also saw some old footage on Nick cerio doing 15...it looked to me like he pointed his knee so the attacker (his brother in the footage i think) fell spine firtst on to his knee. Make sure you are in a forward stance and not a side on horse stance else your knee is in trouble.

Respectfully,
marlon

Professor I refers to this as clearing the meridian. What that means I have no idea, you would have to ask him. I haven't asked since I figure I am not at the stage of needing to work on meridian line details.
there is a main meridian that runs through the middle of the front of the body. Perhaps the move effects the energy there clearing or emptying it so that the next strike has more effect...? Just guessing here

Marlon

DM #16 - I find the leg check easier than the front ball version, but I like the front ball kick for shorter students. Any thoughts for or against either version?

Any thoughts on the 3 breaks - Axe kick landing on the ball of the foot, Drive the heel down, rotate the hips ccw?

Front punch to the base of the skull or thrust punch to temple. Any preferences?

DM #16 - I find the leg check easier than the front ball version, but I like the front ball kick for shorter students. Any thoughts for or against either version?

Any thoughts on the 3 breaks - Axe kick landing on the ball of the foot, Drive the heel down, rotate the hips ccw?

Front punch to the base of the skull or thrust punch to temple. Any preferences?

the break i have is of the arm with an axe kick and an shifting of the legs. The thing aboiut this technique is the timing of the stop kick to the knee must be immediately followed with the palm strikes to the arm (at wrist and elbow)for the trap to work otherwise it is unrrealistic to think you can grab an arm out of the air.

it is nice but very similar to 69

respectfull,
marlon

thrust punch to temple is my preference. Moving the head with left hand to make sure you hit the right spot and don't accidentally break your hand hitting the wrong spot.
Jesse

don't forget 29

I have a twist stance in 29. and yes the anchoring principle is the same but i am refering to almost the fact that #3 and #13 are almost identical from start to finish. I finish #3 with a step back with right foot on gaurd where #13 steps back with the necessity of ripping the belt off. Marlon surprised you are not in Atlantic City this weekend. I Know i am upset not being there but 2006 was an expensive year - wedding and Japan -- surprised i can afford to be on this computer.
Jesse

Jesse

Thats true. It'd be more effective to omit that part and just do the upward rake.

Mike

You jump on 14 to deal with two attackers at the same time. If you have an extra second or two between attackers you can do front kick then back kick or vice versa.

Yes, thats the way it was explained to me. Personally, I'm not a big fan of jumping kicks. If I'm dealing with more than one person, I'd much rather stay on the ground, than risk jumping into the air. A front kick into a back kick is going to be just as effective IMO.

Mike

Back