SKK Combos

Our 14 is completely different. Not at all similar. I wonder where it came from:

attack is a punch to the body or a straight kick
step right foot back drawing into left 45-cat, with downward cross block
step out of cat into left half-moon raising and uncrossing hands doing a double outward tiger-claw rake to face
continue circular motion of hands to elbow position, then continue with immortal-man strikes to both eyes
right front ball kick to solar plexus
cross out

does that read familiar to anyone?

-D

Our 14 is completely different. Not at all similar. I wonder where it came from:

step out of cat into left half-moon raising and uncrossing hands doing a double outward tiger-claw rake to face
continue circular motion of hands to elbow position, then continue with immortal-man strikes to both eyes
cross out

-D

Sounds like a decent technique, but then again, sounds like nothing I've ever been taught.

cross out

-D

That sounds exactly like #24 with a front ball kick at the end. As long as it works though I honestly wouldn't worry to much about where it comes from.

That sounds exactly like #24 with a front ball kick at the end. As long as it works though I honestly wouldn't worry to much about where it comes from.

There is also a scissor strike to the throat that is usually taught on 24. It comes right before the Tiger rakes and right after the downward X block.

There is also a scissor strike to the throat that is usually taught on 24. It comes right before the Tiger rakes and right after the downward X block.

LOL ... you're right, I didn't even catch that ...

Our #24, step in with the left foot, using a downward cross block. Scissor strike to the throat, double outward rakes to the face, double immortal man strikes to the eyes.

LOL ... you're right, I didn't even catch that ...

Our #24, step in with the left foot, using a downward cross block. Scissor strike to the throat, double outward rakes to the face, double immortal man strikes to the eyes.

I have #24 the same but ending with poison thumbs to the eyes.

So would this mean the #15 is next. I have actually seen old video footage of this taken off of an 8mm with prof. Cerio doing the technique in Hawaii with Prof. Chow (i am almost positive on that) I originally learned it with the person balancing on the Knee, but now i slam them right to the ground and do the follow up strikes from there.

1. RT over LT twist stance outward/downward circular knife hand block driving strike hand to opponents groin.
2. LT foot steps Forward to the side of attacker with right upward ridge hand to throat.
3. Rt foot turns counter clockwise getting behind person while executing a ridge hand to persons left side of neck almost to SCM muscles.
4. Drive person to the ground staying near there head (hopeful knockout when slamming occipital ridge into the ground) downward elbow RT, face or collar bone, right hammer to groin. tiger rack up rt., LT tiger face, Rt tiger face. LT kick face.
Jesse

QUOTE=Hand Sword;693260]We always had the strike in 13 as a back two- knuckle punch, after the block. It made the wrap easier too.

This is often shown as the belt buckle side of the belt.

]You have missed the point of the technique and what it's trying to do. If what you say is true, then why are there 108 dm's? You can change the techniques all you want. If you apply the technique right, you use your opponent's energy to follow where they go. Basic concept in wrestling. You don't wrestle so that's why you don't get it. [Qoute from Gulfbal 182

I have at least several variations on DMs that completly have different principles.

From what I understand, those are what FV calls the 12 keys to each combination.

Two, flip the belt over the head. This one is used primarily if the person is taller and you can't reach over the head.
I like your thought process on that part. I had once been told to never flip the belt over the neck, but that seee=ms like a logical reason to do so.

1. RT over LT twist stance outward/downward circular knife hand block driving strike hand to opponents groin.
It sounds like this is the redirect to groin version. I learned this off a straight punch, but I always think of it as an overhead attack. It probably wouldn't work for an overhead club since you don't maintain control of the right arm(Unless you guys have a variation to do that).

2. LT foot steps Forward to the side of attacker with right upward ridge hand to throat.
On the redirect version it is usually taught throat strike is done simultaneously since the head drops when the groin is struck so the strike wont land if it is after the groin hit.

4. Drive person to the ground staying near there head (hopeful knockout when slamming occipital ridge into the ground) downward elbow RT, face or collar bone, right hammer to groin. tiger rack up rt., LT tiger face, Rt tiger face. LT kick face.
Jesse[/QUOTE]

I've never had a version on the floor. I look forward to experimenting with that interpretation.

There is a version Professor I teaches at the end of the person laying across the knee. You perform twin crossed palms to the chest region. I would think this would be to drive the head faster to the floor. On that version I would highly advise people to have the students pick up the attacking students head before you deliver the palms. In my opinion with the head pressed back due to the previous elbow it should be almost impossible to slap out without hitting the head plus I would think with the spine in the curved position you would cause severe spinal column damage. Good for attackers, but not for fellow students.

DM(Combination) #15 -

Professor I version of beginning - Left foot steps out toward 10:30 with left palm block to wrist followed by right knife hand block to elbow. Press elbow till opponent turns toward 6:00. Left ridge hand to throat.

I find this version easier against a front punch and the redirect easier for an overhead strike.

Ending of DM - Right tiger's rake from face to groin(if you can reach). Tigers rake back up till elbow hits the jaw and forces the head back. Right circular elbow to solar plexus followed by hammer to groin. Right elbow to jaw followed by twin circular palms to chest. (Please don't do this while your partners head is back, I can't imagine someone being able to slap out properly from this position and it seems like it would do massive damage if they don't get their head up in time).

DM(Combination) 24 often taught with iron thumbs, poison thumbs, immortal mans, or finger flicks. All are correct.

I have never been told any advantage to using one or the other. Anyone gotten feedback on using different types of eye strikes?

It might seem like we jumped over 16-23, but the discussion on 24 came from a comment on 14 so were still in order just discussing 14 & 24 at the same time.

cross out

-D

It sounds like a green belt kempo I had back in the day. It also bears a striking resemblance to comb. #24. Does it suprise you that #13 is usually taught after green belt.

If you really want good insight into #13, go to a filipino Laban Laro seminar. Holy cow was that an eye opener.

Matt

There is a version Professor I teaches at the end of the person laying across the knee. You perform twin crossed palms to the chest region. I would think this would be to drive the head faster to the floor. On that version I would highly advise people to have the students pick up the attacking students head before you deliver the palms. In my opinion with the head pressed back due to the previous elbow it should be almost impossible to slap out without hitting the head plus I would think with the spine in the curved position you would cause severe spinal column damage. Good for attackers, but not for fellow students.

Back in CT, we did a version with 'bear paws' above and below the heart to drive the person to the ground. The hope was, at least as they said, to burst the heart from the pressure. The bridge across the knee is pretty common in Hawaiian Kempo.

Matt

icon7.gif

It's o.k., we all have those moments.

I wrote it wrong in my post.

it is thumb strikes to the eyes in our technique.

I don't know what our #24 is yet, I will have to go look that up...

Back