Last Poster #7

Well, its official, I have signed up for the requisite retirement seminars...after that it is a meeting or 2 to find out if it will be 2025, 2026, or 2027 and get a solid date set..... I doubt 2025, but I have high hopes for 2026..... but 2027 is still a possibility

So you are from the planet Bacon, that makes sense. The minerals in the Baconite take away your superpower. I’m imagining a planet made of bacon… I want to visit.
THERE IS NO PLANET BACON!!!!!! Bacon is just foul vile carcinogenic coronary inducing slab of overly salty filth

Well, its official, I have signed up for the requisite retirement seminars...after that it is a meeting or 2 to find out if it will be 2025, 2026, or 2027 and get a solid date set..... I doubt 2025, but I have high hopes for 2026..... but 2027 is still a possibility
Awesome. And congrats.

THERE IS NO PLANET BACON!!!!!! Bacon is just foul vile carcinogenic coronary inducing slab of overly salty filth
Not a bacon thing, but bacon adjacent. There is a Norwegian dish called ribbe. I’ve never had this dish but am very interested yo try it. It’s pork belly with the spare ribs still attached scored and roasted. I’ve been trying to find a butcher who can provide this cut locally for years, without luck.

But my luck has recently turned. A friend of mine owns a pig farm and he is going to sell me one. If it’s as good as it looks, I’ll order another for Christmas dinner.

Not a bacon thing, but bacon adjacent. There is a Norwegian dish called ribbe. I’ve never had this dish but am very interested yo try it. It’s pork belly with the spare ribs still attached scored and roasted. I’ve been trying to find a butcher who can provide this cut locally for years, without luck.

But my luck has recently turned. A friend of mine owns a pig farm and he is going to sell me one. If it’s as good as it looks, I’ll order another for Christmas dinner.

Looks interesting

There was this fast food thing I saw all over Norway when I was there. It was a foot long hot dog with some sort of sauce on it, wraped in bacon and servered in a bun... and no, I didn't try it

Last edited:
Looks interesting

There was this fast food thing I saw all over Norway when I was there. It was a foot long hot dog with some sort of sauce on it, wraped in bacon and servered in a bun... and no, I didn't ry it
My grandma was from Norway, and one of my fond memories is going to the our Norwegian Constitution Day parade, eating as many hot dogs as I could. There was also a lot of cake. I get the impression that Norwegians like their hot dogs, but I don’t know for sure. I definitely do. 😂

Seattle has a great Syttende mai parade. Very fun.

My grandma was from Norway, and one of my fond memories is going to the our Norwegian Constitution Day parade, eating as many hot dogs as I could. There was also a lot of cake. I get the impression that Norwegians like their hot dogs, but I don’t know for sure. I definitely do. 😂

Seattle has a great Syttende mai parade. Very fun.
I ate a lot of fish in Norway when I was there, it was all good, and I am not a fan of fish usually. But that was in Bergan, right on the ocean and they had a fresh fish market there that was the catch of the day. And they would cook it for you too.

My landlord and his buddy (my dentist) went fishing today. Caught a 250 pound tuna. Took them two hours to land it.

They sold a hundred, fifty pounds of it at the dock and took the rest of it home. They just dropped off a nice big piece to me.

Tomorrow night’s dinner I’m going to roast some broccoli and make some rice pilaf. Chocolate ice cream and orange sherbet for desert.

My landlord and his buddy (my dentist) went fishing today. Caught a 250 pound tuna. Took them two hours to land it.

They sold a hundred, fifty pounds of it at the dock and took the rest of it home. They just dropped off a nice big piece to me.

Tomorrow night’s dinner I’m going to roast some broccoli and make some rice pilaf. Chocolate ice cream and orange sherbet for desert.
Sheeeeesh.... considering booking a flight for a lovely dinner like that......

Or one of his cousins.

They really are. Not only do I gotta grab wire cutters, but I had to hold one of its horns too to keep him still.
My SIL had two as 'pets' that free ranged. Every metal object on their farm (including barns, house, vehicles, etc...) are dented. Vile creatures. I realize it is the most eaten meat worldwide, but hard pass for me. Just way too different from how cattle are maintained to make it practical for us. Clearly, free range is a very bad idea.

My SIL had two as 'pets' that free ranged. Every metal object on their farm (including barns, house, vehicles, etc...) are dented. Vile creatures. I realize it is the most eaten meat worldwide, but hard pass for me. Just way too different from how cattle are maintained to make it practical for us. Clearly, free range is a very bad idea.
I knew an older one once named buddy. Mean old goat with long horns and he knew where the tips were. Loved hitting trees.

Do you have the Irish comedy ‘Father Ted’, in the USA?

I knew an older one once named buddy. Mean old goat with long horns and he knew where the tips were. Loved hitting trees.
She still has one older goat with no horns that ranges with the cattle. I believe it thinks it is a cow now. :)

Goat traffic jam.

Attachments

• IMG_0590.jpeg
    IMG_0590.jpeg
    432.7 KB · Views: 5
Back