Last Poster #7

She still has one older goat with no horns that ranges with the cattle. I believe it thinks it is a cow now. :)
Reminds me of this duck I had. It thought it was a Goose. It didn't wanna hang out with the ducks. It wanted to follow the geese around.

Some people around here really like goat yoga. I don’t get it.
I seen how little goats behave. You ain't about to catch me in a yoga position while goats play king of the mountain on my back.

Sheeeeesh.... considering booking a flight for a lovely dinner like that......

The Skipjack came out great. I raised a toast of white wine to you, Simon.

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpeg
    IMG_0586.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Did you know that Dressage, those ‘dancing horses’ you’ll see in the olympics is a martial art? The horses are actually weaving and picking between bodies and stamping on fallen, injured and dying enemies to ensure or hasten their death.

Watch it in Paris, that new light 😳

Did you know that Dressage, those ‘dancing horses’ you’ll see in the olympics is a martial art? The horses are actually weaving and picking between bodies and stamping on fallen, injured and dying enemies to ensure or hasten their death.

Lipizzaner stallions are the epitome of a war horse. Watch for the jump and kick with all four feet with a rider.

Well, not that much drama, but it is all about maneuverability on the battle field. Three day even has deep roots in the cavalry training: The subtleness test to see if the horse is tuned into the rider, the brute endurance test over solid obstacles that don't give way, then another test, seeing how much stamina and subtleness the horse has left after the brutal cross country round. It used to be called 'military' in the 80s still, at least in German circles. And it was much longer, with a roading phase, a steeple chase (yes, racing speeds over jumps) and THEN the cross country phase. Cavalry officers took the first medals in that even. And in Dressage as well. The Spanish Riding School in Vienna still practices dressage as it was dine in the renaissance and baroque, including the 'airs above ground' the fancy rearing and jumping which is no longer done in sport.

So the hard chargers at our gym just did a military style resilience challenge.

Which was 36 hours of not even sure what.(because I certainly didn't do it.) No sleep. No food a bunch of chucking them in the ocean at 2am. That kind of thing.

I was suprised at how many kids made it through. There is about 4, 15 year Olds in that group.

Screenshot_20240723_185929_Chrome.jpg

Now I go to a gym that has other users (!), I am shocked at the amount of time people spend looking at their phones. They seem incapable of resting their minds between sets and need the constant stimulation of (I assume) social media. Is that a problem? Possibly.

The default mode network (DMN) of the brain is activated when you’re ‘doing nothing’; day dreaming, looking out of the window etc and these things are associated with creativity and problem solving. So depriving your DMN from activity by occupying your mind with social media, you might be stifling your ability to solve the problems in your daily life!

Another idea I’ve had (but is untested) is about the rise of gender dysphoria in young people. The DNM is the part of the brain that gives us the sense of ‘I’, ‘me’ in the context of our surroundings. It defines us as individuals and in youngsters needs to develop in an environment of low of stimuli. It’s only activated when we’re doing nothing, even being bored. Children never get bored or ‘do nothing’ because as soon as there’s a lull in activity around them, they pick up their phones and begin doom scrolling via social media. So their DNM doesn’t develop, their sense of personal identity doesn’t develop and they start thinking they’re ‘two-spirit penguins’ or whatever the latest thing to be, is!

Regarding the Olympics and martial arts... The Modern Pentathalon, reflects a military challenge. It simulates the skills an officer would use to escape from enemy capture. The five events are epee fencing, shooting, swimming, equestrian, and cross-country running.

Oh, and as a side note... Military drill and parade were once battlefield skills about manuevering troops and getting them into position to act. Now they're taught as a means to develop teamwork and precision. Formations, guard mount, and some parades were about showing that a given captain or colonel really did have the troops they claimed to have and submitted billing claims for.

Regarding the Olympics and martial arts... The Modern Pentathalon, reflects a military challenge. It simulates the skills an officer would use to escape from enemy capture. The five events are epee fencing, shooting, swimming, equestrian, and cross-country running.
Yes, but it is more like a myth version. And sadly, few competitors can actually ride their way out of a wet paper bag! It caused some horrendous scenes at the last Olympics. I agree with the voices suggesting the horse part being replaced with a bike segment. I always wanted to do that. I rode, I fenced, could run, but I swam like a lead ducky.....

Yes, but it is more like a myth version. And sadly, few competitors can actually ride their way out of a wet paper bag! It caused some horrendous scenes at the last Olympics. I agree with the voices suggesting the horse part being replaced with a bike segment. I always wanted to do that. I rode, I fenced, could run, but I swam like a lead ducky.....
I know this is not what you meant, but now I'm imagining a dressage event with motorcycles. That would be amazingly cool to watch.

Latest Discussions

Back