It was only a matter of time. McDojo vitcim beaten up

That’s always been one of my favorite martial arts clips.

There’s usually no way to fix stupid. That might have done it for the old guy.
The issue is that people will view that as some stupid guy rather than an issue that can invade any martial arts.

It can really show up with things like unarmed vs knife, or positional defence like bear hug escapes.

In reality someone takes your back you are probably going to get suplexed. But how do you drill that for the self defence crowd?

They don't want escapes that might take years to learn and still only have a small chance of working. And then only if you have a sort of even strength comparison.

You need to pretend a bunch of stuff that does work is going to somehow work, which will loosen their grip, which will make the defence possible. So you are not allowed to just hang on to their back and just sit their bored while they vainly flail around trying to get out. You have to change your attack to reflect reality.

Which creates this insane run of logic that the thing you are actually doing isn't real.

I was super impressed they actually did the escape. Kind of.

I mean still terrible. Still wouldn't work. But it wasn't backwards elbows. So there is that.

Back