Have any other karateka besides George Dillman been able to accomplish the point strike knockout?

depends a lot on where you are and who you are, which says a lot.

It used to be, even if you scored one hundred percent on a Civil Service test you might be waiting years to get called to the Academy. If you scored ninety eight percent you had no chance. Thatā€™s how many people wanted that job back in the day.

Very few want that job now. But we still need cops, so, unfortunately, the pool to draw from has shrunken considerably. What the public gets is not the same.

Where I currently live is sparsely populated. Officers who grow up here are hesitant to properly do their job because Kimo was baby sat by auntie. It happens all the time.

Being on one of the most isolated land masses on earth, there is no oversight by higher law enforcement entities here. This causes different police behavior than you would have in other parts of our country.

So thatā€™s here.

The other place Iā€™m most familiar with is Massachusetts. The Massachusetts State Police were the most respected police by all of us. For the last ten years itā€™s become a corrupt clowncar show that canā€™t keep itself out of the headlines, or out of jail.

I donā€™t know if youā€™re familiar with the recent murder trial of Karen Read in MA. It was as if Hollywood was making a trilogy about crooked and murderous police officers. It was declared a mistrial, so weā€™ll get to watch it again. Unless the Feds step in, which I think they might.

Unrelated to above, I had lunch with two FBI agents last weekend. Two lovely kids who just got engaged, one of whom I trained to pass his physical requirements a couple of years ago. We had a nice lunch and talked about law enforcement in my time compared to their time.

They were dumbfounded hearing how honorable the majority of city, county and town law enforcement officers used to be.

I trust very few of them anymore.

As it turns out, I just found out last week that one of mine is 90% blocked from an ancient TBI. Seriously. It's the left vertebral artery, just before it joins the basilar artery. That's how I found out about the major arteries that supply blood to the brain.
Sorry to hear this Bill. When you see how tiny these little vessels, itā€™s amazing they last as long as they do!

As it turns out, I just found out last week that one of mine is 90% blocked from an ancient TBI. Seriously. It's the left vertebral artery, just before it joins the basilar artery. That's how I found out about the major arteries that supply blood to the brain.
And yet you are conscious.

Ok I gotta say it. Nobody doubts that chest compressions are used to restart someone's heart.
It does sometimes. Chest compressions are too maintain circulation until you can get a defibrillator in on the action.
Whats so hard to believe about compressing someone's chest preventing the heart from pumping properly, causing them to pass out?
Well, CPR instructors reassure trainees that doing compression on someone whoā€™s heart is still beating wonā€™t kill them, all things being equal.

Take a bunch of 13-17 year old boys who got in trouble constantly, send them to a military school for the summer to "whip them into shape " put them all in the same dorm building with minimal supervision after classes.....yeah you're going to get some really stupid stuff going on
Only summer? I went to military academy for years. Best education I ever got. It was meant to be a punishment, but I loved it and thrived there. I never wanted to go home.

I, as a lawyer for many years, remember when one of my sons became a certified police officer. Knowing him and his understanding, or lack thereof, of the law was concerned for the people he came in contact with doing his job.

Know your rights. Assert your rights.
It seems our Metropolitan (London) Police are somewhat like U.S. police officers. A report showed they suffer from institutional racism!

Only summer? I went to military academy for years. Best education I ever got. It was meant to be a punishment, but I loved it and thrived there. I never wanted to go home.
They shouldā€™ve digitally stimulated youā€¦everyday. Youā€™d be running homeā€¦maybe šŸ˜‰

No. Electricity restarts the heart. Compressions circulate (a little) blood. Drugs make the heart more responsive to the electricity.
Well thatā€™s more accurate. But the heart has those cellsā€¦ people who suffer arrest sometimes restart as a result of stimulation. Soā€¦?

Only summer, that much structure wasn't something I appreciated. My parents should've made me stay. Several of my friends went the same time, a couple of them loved it and stayed.

Latest Discussions

Back