Have any other karateka besides George Dillman been able to accomplish the point strike knockout?

😂 let someone who is trained in any striking art tap it, with the idea of knocking you out...
See how it works out..

Blood choke,,,,how does it work
does it take both arteries or just one,,🤔

What about the other 2 or 3 ?

anyway,,,in answer to the OP...

Did watch Dillman, in person.

Noticed that most if not all his taps,,,ended with one touching the neck...
the movements very quick and precise..

As to "light" or "heavy" probably around
5 lb or more of force, not much 😐

Not a good idea to let anyone hit or strike the neck or throat area.... even in practice..
Carotid nerve plexus....not the arteries. As teenagers we used to do this in addition to a couple of other really stupid things that'll cause a person to pass out. This is something I can say from first hand experience can make you pass out. Wasn't until the Internet got big we were able to know how it actually works. There was another we did which involved bear hugging around the chest. Slower than the the neck thing but also worked.

😂 let someone who is trained in any striking art tap it, with the idea of knocking you out...
See how it works out..
🤣 Yes let’s! It won’t 😐
Blood choke,,,,how does it work
does it take both arteries or just one,,🤔
Oh that take all seven of them.
What about the other 2 or 3 ?
The other 14 you mean.
anyway,,,in answer to the OP...

Did watch Dillman, in person.
Is that…is that you, Dillman? 🧐
Noticed that most if not all his taps,,,ended with one touching the neck...
It’s not a tap, it’s a touchy-wuchy.
the movements very quick and precise..
Yes, even the Large Hadron Collider couldn’t measure his touchy-wuchy with sufficient precision.
As to "light" or "heavy" probably around
5 lb or more of force, not much 😐
5.749632lb (2.6079892055kg for us Europeans)
Not a good idea to let anyone hit or strike the neck or throat area.... even in practice..
Yes, it’s banned in boxing and MMA for example and even in Tibetan Throaty-Woaty, Touchy-Wuchy, Strikey-Wikey. For safety, their classes consist of practising stern glares and the occasional ‘cat-swipe’

I'll leave Dillman to his legends...

My personal thoughts on death touch, pressure point KOs and the like is that most of them were the result of quick thinking after something happened by chance. A powerful impact on the sternum at the right instant can stop the heart. The fancy name is commotio cortis, but it happens a few times a year in baseball and football. It's likely what happened to Damar Hamlin, a NFL player a season or two ago. Or, the heart basically is floating in the chest, suspended mostly from the major vessels. The right impact can tear them, and over a few hours, the victim bleeds out internally, with little or no symptoms.

And... if a smart fighter killed his opponent that way back before medical technology could explain it... I wouldn't be at all shocked if he claimed full credit for it...

Kind of a blessing it's not real, really. I mean, if you actually had a skill like that and used it in a real fight, I imagine that explaining it to a police officer would be kind of fraught.

Oh, sure, but hypothetically, if you'd just done something like that, I imagine PC plod would be quite keen on talking to you.

If Throaty-Woaty, Touchy-Wuchy, Strikey-Wikey were a real skill, wouldn’t the police be taught how to do it? They wouldn’t need expensive Tazers or even guns. Also governments would have whole battalions of soldiers adept at Throaty-Woaty, Touchy-Wuchy, Strikey-Wikey.

If Throaty-Woaty, Touchy-Wuchy, Strikey-Wikey were a real skill, wouldn’t the police be taught how to do it? They wouldn’t need expensive Tazers or even guns. Also governments would have whole battalions of soldiers adept at Throaty-Woaty, Touchy-Wuchy, Strikey-Wikey.
Think of all the awards they could win from PETA if they used these techniques on livestock in slaughterhouses. Can't get more ethical than that.

I'll leave Dillman to his legends...

My personal thoughts on death touch, pressure point KOs and the like is that most of them were the result of quick thinking after something happened by chance. A powerful impact on the sternum at the right instant can stop the heart. The fancy name is commotio cortis,
It’s thought to be due to stimulation of the vagus nerve (tenth cranial nerve) which slows and can stop the heart. When the sternum is about to be sawn in half to give cardiac surgeons access to the heart, the anaesthetist with give a quick IV bonus of fentanyl or similar to inhibit the stimulation of the vagus. Just because you’re anaesthetised those reflexes still function. In the emergency room, when virtually unconscious drunks came in, we would rub their sternums firmly with our knuckles to rouse them and ask them questions. However it was outlawed in the U.K. many years ago, due to the risk of over stimulating the vagus.
Or, the heart basically is floating in the chest, suspended mostly from the major vessels.
Oh no! It’s jammed tightly into a space called the mediastinum, bordered by the left lung (and oesophagus), held securely in a tough, fibrous bag (pericardium) and securely by a few ligaments. It’s very secure and quite difficult to get out intact in dissection classes!
The right impact can tear them, and over a few hours, the victim bleeds out internally, with little or no symptoms.
The descending aorta in the abdomen is somewhat susceptible to splitting in that manner and it often the cause of death in high speed road traffic accidents (Princess Diana died in this manner). The sudden deceleration on impact makes it whip forward and tear causing catastrophic blood loss, rapid loss of conscious and ultimately, death. You would definitely have symptoms preceding one’s demise.

Think of all the awards they could win from PETA if they used these techniques on livestock in slaughterhouses. Can't get more ethical than that.

🤔. might take some training...

It was during this same year that a glimmer of faith was restored in Guangdong’s Watermelon Park when a Russian strongman with a traveling circus challenged the Chinese public with a generous reward to any man that could subdue an ‘untameable horse’.

Several men were unceremoniously trampled. Then unable to watch any further, an unassuming wiry martial artist from the North stepped up for the challenge. Ku Yu Cheung.

“When martial arts was at its lowest point in China, a true master came forth to knock some sense into non-believers”.
With one iron palm slap to the wild horse, it was killed on the spot and later post-mortem dissection of the horse revealed that although no outer physical damage was evident, the spine of the horse was bruised and internal organs had been damaged. This was the result of the intensity of Ku Yu Cheung’s most renowned skill, The Iron Palm.

Some have asked about "soft" methods in striking, whether they can cause damage or not..

1724433470138.png

Earlier remarkable demonstrations of Iron Palm from Ku Yu Cheung are photographed where Ku broke 13 bricks stacked on the ground without spacers with a single palm slap. Ku’s slap was so soft and internal that the bricks broke without a sound.

Last edited:
That's not necessarily true. Some specious logic here.

In my other post I mentioned making someone pass out using a bear hug- it didn't occur to me until now, the spot where you applied pressure to the chest- left side of the chest, pressure applied inward and at an upward angle- is also marked as being a vital target on the old striking charts. A bear hug from behind would do it if you balled up a fist and used your other hand to squeeze that fist in and up at the right spot. You could also make it work with the person's back against a wall or the ground, pushing that spot at the right angle. It was something we played with at military school for awhile ( a bunch of boys with no girls around doing stupid sh$t ). It worked on absolutely everyone who tried it, every time. It took several seconds of pressure, so I assume it would be useless for self defense, but still interesting that the same spot corresponds with the striking charts.

It’s thought to be due to stimulation of the vagus nerve (tenth cranial nerve) which slows and can stop the heart. When the sternum is about to be sawn in half to give cardiac surgeons access to the heart, the anaesthetist with give a quick IV bonus of fentanyl or similar to inhibit the stimulation of the vagus. Just because you’re anaesthetised those reflexes still function. In the emergency room, when virtually unconscious drunks came in, we would rub their sternums firmly with our knuckles to rouse them and ask them questions. However it was outlawed in the U.K. many years ago, due to the risk of over stimulating the vagus.

Oh no! It’s jammed tightly into a space called the mediastinum, bordered by the left lung (and oesophagus), held securely in a tough, fibrous bag (pericardium) and securely by a few ligaments. It’s very secure and quite difficult to get out intact in dissection classes!

The descending aorta in the abdomen is somewhat susceptible to splitting in that manner and it often the cause of death in high speed road traffic accidents (Princess Diana died in this manner). The sudden deceleration on impact makes it whip forward and tear causing catastrophic blood loss, rapid loss of conscious and ultimately, death. You would definitely have symptoms preceding one’s demise.
Some people have a calcified aorta that fractures in a MVA. These are notoriously difficult to repair, worse than a ruptured AAA. Abdominal aortic aneurism. Cross Clamp!!!! My least favorite phrase in the OR.

In my other post I mentioned making someone pass out using a bear hug- it didn't occur to me until now, the spot where you applied pressure to the chest- left side of the chest, pressure applied inward and at an upward angle- is also marked as being a vital target on the old striking charts. A bear hug from behind would do it if you balled up a fist and used your other hand to squeeze that fist in and up at the right spot.
You might also dislodge a foreign object such as a brussel spout or a piece of steak.
You could also make it work with the person's back against a wall or the ground, pushing that spot at the right angle. It was something we played with at military school for awhile ( a bunch of boys with no girls around doing stupid sh$t ).
You’d think the MMA practitioners would use such a technique.

It worked on absolutely everyone who tried it, every time. It took several seconds of pressure, so I assume it would be useless for self defense, but still interesting that the same spot corresponds with the striking charts.
My brother once gave his wife an enthusiastic, firm bear hug and gave her a hiatus hernia making her suffer from terrible reflux and dyspepsia for years. Now that’s like that delayed death strike thingy.

Latest Discussions

Back