Drugs in the dojo

I'm going to raise the BS flag on this. Unless you're going to claim that the UK prosecutes the parents of minors who commit crimes (and we all know that isn't true) then it's clear that juveniles can be and are being held accountable for their actions.

Right. Because kids in the UK don't watch TV. Or read the internet. Or go to school. Because none of this is ever covered in any of those places...

Sure. But even if the parents aren't teaching their kids, society IS. And I flatly refuse to believe that there is any significant chance that any kid in the civilized world can honestly claim to be unaware of the dangers of drugs.

Yes the UK is no worse than any other country. Still though, a bit stinging there though. There is one exception though, pre natal.

Well, according to the law (at least in England), a person cannot be accountable for personal responsibility until the age of 18. And the biggest problem about it is that more often than not the child doesn't know about drugs because the parents haven't educated them. The same goes for safe sex and Cigarettes. These are things that parents should be teaching their kids about, and aren't.
Nah that's nonsense. It's 10 years old where you can get in trouble with the police. Teenage years are often ones where people get in trouble. Just thus year where I'm from a group of 15 year olds were sent to prison for supplying drugs that lead to the death of one of their friends

Well, according to the law (at least in England), a person cannot be accountable for personal responsibility until the age of 18. And the biggest problem about it is that more often than not the child doesn't know about drugs because the parents haven't educated them. The same goes for safe sex and Cigarettes. These are things that parents should be teaching their kids about, and aren't.

This is incorrect, the age is 10. children under 18 however are treated differently under law as they aren't adults but they are still held responsible for their actions at 10.
Age of criminal responsibility - GOV.UK

I train on bath salts all the time, I don't see what the big deal is.

Nah that's nonsense. It's 10 years old where you can get in trouble with the police. Teenage years are often ones where people get in trouble. Just thus year where I'm from a group of 15 year olds were sent to prison for supplying drugs that lead to the death of one of their friends

Yep. Before I was 18, had that kind of.

If it the same Billy, I do. Horrible stuff and a cheap night out!

Enter the Dojo had an episode where, in order to learn to defend against salted attackers, Master Ken had Billy get all waktup on bath salts then had the other students fight him. Best part was the "bath salts" were traditional/legitimate bath salts that he ate by the handful.

Enter the Dojo had an episode where, in order to learn to defend against salted attackers, Master Ken had Billy get all waktup on bath salts then had the other students fight him. Best part was the "bath salts" were traditional/legitimate bath salts that he ate by the handful.

Wacked up on bath salts?? Blimey. Then again, all those years ago when I was a teenager, no doubt one of the gang would have tried that lol.

Cheap Amphetimine known as Billy, Whizz or Billy Whizz. Man I did some really stupid things as a teenager, and that I am not proud of at all.

No, THIS is the "Billy" I was referring to. He said he trained on bath salts. I made me think of Billy

I think some people here are really struggling to differentiate between recreational drug use and people who are severely addicted to things such as meth and opiates. Smoking one joint or taking a pill and cuddling strangers in a nightclub doesn't turn you immediately into a junkie.

In the next 20 years I anticipate a massive shift towards decriminalisation in the UK similar to Portugal and Netherlands, where drug addiction is treated as a public health concern and people are able to purchase mind altering substances legally where quality control is placed in the hands of the good guys and not gangsters. Something that I would absolutely welcome.

Back to the topic at hand. Turning up to class wasted is a problem and shouldnt be tolerated. Having a lifestyle that is detrimental to athletic performance is the student's choice (smoking, drinking, other drugs, fast food...etc.). I don't think anyone should be judged too harshly for indulging now and again however anyone serious about training should be trying to be as fit as they can be and therefore the aforementioned is not really compatible with that kind of lifestyle.

I think some people here are really struggling to differentiate between recreational drug use and people who are severely addicted to things such as meth and opiates. Smoking one joint or taking a pill and cuddling strangers in a nightclub doesn't turn you immediately into a junkie.

In the next 20 years I anticipate a massive shift towards decriminalisation in the UK similar to Portugal and Netherlands, where drug addiction is treated as a public health concern and people are able to purchase mind altering substances legally where quality control is placed in the hands of the good guys and not gangsters. Something that I would absolutely welcome.

Back to the topic at hand. Turning up to class wasted is a problem and shouldnt be tolerated. Having a lifestyle that is detrimental to athletic performance is the student's choice (smoking, drinking, other drugs, fast food...etc.). I don't think anyone should be judged too harshly for indulging now and again however anyone serious about training should be trying to be as fit as they can be and therefore the aforementioned is not really compatible with that kind of lifestyle.

No, it is not clear. A lot of weed is smoked as a come down. So no, recreational use is simply just an excuse. And "taking a pill and cuddling strangers in night club" I find that very disturbing as made as part of point.

No, it is not clear. A lot of weed is smoked as a come down. So no, recreational use is simply just an excuse.

I have no idea what the point is you're trying to make here.

People abuse alcohol yet most would agree that having an occassional beer could be described as recreational.

And "taking a pill and cuddling strangers in night club" I find that very disturbing as made as part of point.

Why do you find that disturbing? It was supposed to be light-hearted.

I have no idea what the point is you're trying to make here.

People abuse alcohol yet most would agree that having an occassional beer could be described as recreational.

Why do you find that disturbing? It was supposed to be light-hearted.

It's not light hearted when a few of those pills are date rape intended. Just my point, I have seen that recreational aspect.

It's not light hearted when a few of those pills are date rape intended. Just my point, I have seen that recreational aspect.
People don't take super strong benzos like Rohypnol in clubs for recreational purposes; I'm not sure all that thumping music and sleeping tablets are a great combination [emoji23]

As for the raping part, well yes, those people should be in jail.

People don't take super strong benzos like Rohypnol in clubs for recreational purposes; I'm not sure all that thumping music and sleeping tablets are a great combination [emoji23]

As for the raping part, well yes, those people should be in jail.

Unfortunately some unmentioneables do view that as recreational.

Unfortunately some unmentioneables do view that as recreational.

Yea and some predatory idiots view the "Knock Out Game"as training, but that don't make it so.

By "recreational drug use" I think most of us are referring to - a decision a grown up makes, that only directly affects themself, to ingest a substance for the purpose of enjoying an altered state of mind NOT because addiction or mental illness compelled them to.

Yea and some predatory idiots view the "Knock Out Game"as training, but that don't make it so.

By "recreational drug use" I think most of us are referring to - a decision a grown up makes, that only directly affects themself, to ingest a substance for the purpose of enjoying an altered state of mind NOT because addiction or mental illness compelled them to.

Yes. Recreational use is under a broad umbrella now. Anyway I made that reply just down to the scum think of using roofies as something recreational. Obviously though I understand what you said. Please try not to shout next time. Having a mental illness, I may well have misread what you were saying. Thank you.

Yes. Recreational use is under a broad umbrella now. Anyway I made that reply just down to the scum think of using roofies as something recreational. Obviously though I understand what you said. Please try not to shout next time. Having a mental illness, I may well have misread what you were saying. Thank you.

Wasn't shouting, I apologize if it came off that way. The "not" was in caps to note it's significance - by "recreational" we are not including those who use drugs because they are compelled either by addiction or an underlying mental condition they are (self) medicating. Those two reason are outside the realm of "recreational". Using drugs to victimize people would also be outside the realm of recreational drugs use as much as murder would be outside the realm of recreational shooting.

Hope I explained what I'm trying to say without sounding like a douche this time :)

And yea, I know I used the word "realm" way too much lol

Latest Discussions

Back