What is the Best Martial Art for Street Fights & Self-Defense?

Real Kombat

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wanted to start a discussion on a topic that always sparks a lot of debate: What is the best martial art for street fights and self-defense?

When it comes to real-world situations, some martial arts are more effective than others. After researching and analyzing different styles, I've come up with my Top 5 Martial Arts for Street Fighting:

1. Krav Maga – Known for its no-nonsense, practical techniques.
  2. Muay Thai – Devastating strikes and clinch game.
  3. Boxing – Fast, powerful punches with great footwork.
  4. Kickboxing – A great blend of punches and kicks.
  5. Judo – Strong focus on throws and grappling.
I made a quick YouTube Short breaking down each martial art and why they’re great for street fighting and self-defense. Check it out here:
🔗 [🛡️ What is the Best Martial Art for Street Fights & Self-Defense? 🥋]

👉 Do you agree with my picks?
👉 What martial art do you think is best for street fighting or self-defense?
I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences!

Screenshot_20241006_040929_Gallery.jpg

I think track and field would be the ideal form of self-defence. You defeat your enemy by going somewhere else with great haste.

In semi-seriousness, though, I'd say any martial art that includes realistic sparring and a good variety of techniques and ranges would have an advantage. Sambo, Eskrima, or, of course, MMA would be my top picks.

Street fights are self defense. There’s no other reason to ever have a fight in the street.

Is this a real OP? Seems like I've seen this at least a couple of times before, always by a first time poster.

Back