TKD instructors saves Texas woman from sexual assault

A female MMA fighter captured a man [1 on 1] who robbed a store. (MMA can be used for "self-protection.")

We are discussing what kind of techniques are proper to use in that situation. The neck control is always the best one.

If you use the right key to open the right lock, you don't need extra help. Your opponent attacks a girl. You attack him from behind. A perfect technique to be used at that moment.

reverse_neck_choke.jpg

Last edited:
Then I issue the same challenge to you: please post the belt requirements from any TKD school that list "grab someone and hold them down" as a requirement. Until anyone can do that, then the statement that they did not use their TKD training stands unrefuted.
It is a component part of our 12th one-step. You end up with a rear arm bar behind your opponent. A Hap/TKD combination.
I get the impression the only TKD exposure you have is from what you have saw watching the Olympics.
You are sorely misinformed.

It is a component part of our 12th one-step. You end up with a rear arm bar behind your opponent. A Hap/TKD combination.
I get the impression the only TKD exposure you have is from what you have saw watching the Olympics.
You are sorely misinformed.
Except there was no "rear arm bar" in the incident and, if there was, you yourself stated that it would've been attributable to hapkido. You refuted your own claim.

Again, this was simply pulling someone off the victim and holding them down. I've done things like this as a pre-teen helping break up fights between friends, despite having never set foot into a dojo at the time.

You might wanna set up your arguments to that you don't expose yourself next time.

Except there was no "rear arm bar" in the incident and, if there was, you yourself stated that it would've been attributable to hapkido. You refuted your own claim.

Again, this was simply pulling someone off the victim and holding them down. I've done things like this as a pre-teen helping break up fights between friends, despite having never set foot into a dojo at the time.

You might wanna set up your arguments to that you don't expose yourself next time.
Refuted? No. I simply responded to your Last question. You have now jumped back to your First question (which seems to be a moving target). Hapkido is often integrated into TKD training. Not uncommon at all. So, in essence. it is no longer Hapkido, but a technique used in TKD.
This occurs and is universally true in all styles of MA's. A down block or a jab, or a front kick is used in almost all styles. But each style has their own 'flavor' of said movements.

You are taking us down a rabbit trail.

Back