The Last Person Thread - 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from a doctor to check on my ear. She said "antibiotics and no Judo" which I'm interpreting as "antibiotics and lots of Judo, but avoid rolling too much" which will invariably end up being "antibiotics".

So you're ok with cauliflower ear?

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk.

Oh my. Just found out that 3 divers died in Chac Mool, one of our favorite caves. Details are scarce, but it looks they broke a ton of safety rules.
Very sad thing.

Yes, very sad. All three in the same party?

Also, Stephen Thompson is not remotely a good fighter. He's a sucky striker, no ground game, no take down defense and no gas tank. To quote Matt Brown, "I could go 100-0 too if I fought 100 idiots."

Yes, very sad. All three in the same party?

Yes. A couple from Brazil and a local guide. The bodies were found about 400 feet inside the cave. That is a long way when you're diving. And they were not cave trained so they had no business being even 4 feet inside the cave, let alone 400.
We're worried that the authorities, in typical government style, will close or restrict access to the caves for those who ARE following the rules.

Yes. A couple from Brazil and a local guide. The bodies were found about 400 feet inside the cave. That is a long way when you're diving. And they were not cave trained so they had no business being even 4 feet inside the cave, let alone 400.
We're worried that the authorities, in typical government style, will close or restrict access to the caves for those who ARE following the rules.

You would think that the guide would have used more discretion in this situation.

Why do doctors expect people to stop everything for relatively minor issues? It's never gonna happen...why seem so shocked? :D

Yes, it took me around 3 hours to decide to ignore my doctor's orders completely and train through this.

Why do doctors expect people to stop everything for relatively minor issues? It's never gonna happen...why seem so shocked? :D

Yes, it took me around 3 hours to decide to ignore my doctor's orders completely and train through this.
They don't expect you to. They don't want you to sue them when you do what they told you not to. They're the monsters we created when we became a sue happy society.

They don't expect you to. They don't want you to sue them when you do what they told you not to. They're the monsters we created when we became a sue happy society.

To be fair I only ignore my doctor with small stuff like ear infections, usually.

You would think that the guide would have used more discretion in this situation.

The cavern tours are, of necessity, single file. The most likely scenario involves the man leaving the cavern area, and entering the cave. The guide would have tried to catch him, and then they likely got lost. Getting list is incredibly easy, especially if you're not specifically cave trained.
We will never know for sure.

Because cauliflower ear isn't really a minor thing. Because going deaf isn't really a minor thing. Because the intent is to have the best possible outcome.

Not gonna do any damage with standup randori.

Its not Cauli ear either, that would make it simpler. It started life as an ear infection that spread to the actual earlobe. No idea what's causing it. I'm hoping the combination of headgear and a stand up focus will do the trick

Last edited:
Not gonna do any damage with standup randori.

Its not Cauli ear either, that would make it simpler. It started life as an ear infection that spread to the actual earlobe. No idea what's causing it. I'm hoping the combination of headgear and a stand up focus will do the trick

Just going by what you said. You mentioned califlower ear. You said you were 'totally ignoring' your Dr.

Ultimately, it's your ear. Just remember this thread when it doesn't heal and you want someone to blame. :)

Oh, how I just LOVE conferences.

/sarcasm

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Just going by what you said. You mentioned califlower ear. You said you were 'totally ignoring' your Dr.

Ultimately, it's your ear. Just remember this thread when it doesn't heal and you want someone to blame. :)

I know, I'm irresponsible...Hoping I can get away without rolling for 3-4 days until my new ear guards get here.

I don't think it's Cauli though. I think it's an infection of some kind. Hasn't swollen yet anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back