Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sister-in-law took me to an old school Chinese mall today. It took up a city block and was 6 stories high. I can honestly say i was the only non-Chinese person in the building. Got a lot of surprise looks, sideways stares, and in one store the staff, and there were only 4, tagged team me. Wherever i went, one was following me. I had some fun with them. I kept catching them and they kept trying to make it look like they weren’t following me.

DANG over 60 year old white guys, they’re ALL just a bunch of troublemaking hoodlums 😀

Can’t imagine what the response would have been if I looked like i did 35 years ago…. I’m thinking riot police would have come to haul me away ☺️

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Another thing, in the USA you see folk with Chinese characters on shirts and with tattoos that don’t mean what they think they mean. Or they are just plain wrong.

This happens in China too. So far i have seen
A t-shirt with ‘I hvae a dream’ another with “if it swells ride it” and a hat with ‘W Goo Wetrust”

gyoja

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thing, in the USA you see folk with Chinese characters on shirts and with tattoos that don’t mean what they think they mean. Or they are just plain wrong.

This happens in China too. So far i have seen
A t-shirt with ‘I hvae a dream’ another with “if it swells ride it” and a hat with ‘W Goo Wetrust”
Sounds like a great adventure.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know the last person to be executed by guillotine in France was in the same year Star Wars was released (1977)?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Interesting thing happened at dinner in the hotel. Should also say by my ancestry i am mostly German. And my first wife always told people she was married to a big German. Also this hotel is in the embassy area of Beijing.

I was at the buffet when this older Chinese woman went to walk i front of me, I stopped, she stopped and I signaled for her to go ahead. She looked at me and said

danke schoen

I responded with

Willkommen

I thought maybe she lived in Germany

Then when i returned she was at the next table speaking to her husband in mandarin

Had to come to Beijing China to finally get to use my college German

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Uh oh, we got trouble, right here in river city….. China had block some if Chuck Norris’ linked pages… and may need to cut my trip short before Chuck finds out

1716102149259.jpeg

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know that Cleopatra is closer in time to the invention of the smart phone than she was to the building of the first Egyptian pyramids?

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know that stegosaurus had been extinct for 80million years before the emergence of tyrannosaurus rex?

Latest Discussions