The Last Person Thread - 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this weird desire to compete in as many rulesets as I possibly can. I love TKD so Sanda looks like fun.

It will be rather different from TKD with very different rules. Also depending on where you compete the rules may very be different.

As for me, I have no desire to compete I jsust have a deisre to get back to sparing and hard training for a bit.

All just stand up sparring, same principles and theories should apply for the most part.

Kind of a moot point because there's no gym anywhere near here for sanda.

All just stand up sparring, same principles and theories should apply for the most part.

Kind of a moot point because there's no gym anywhere near here for sanda.

Sports Sanda has a considerable amount of Shuaijiao in it and picking a guy up and throwing him down or taking out his legs with a sweep is all cool in a sanda match... I don't see that in any TKD match these days. Sports Sanda (Sanshou) has more options as it applies to applications during a match than TKD and depending on which rules the match follows that may or may not include a whole lot of protective gear other than gloves and a mouth piece. And pushing an opponent out of the ring, depending on the rules used, is perfectly acceptable and gives you points. Look on YouTube at any Cung Le match and you will get a good idea of what a sanda match is like. Or look to the Chinese police competitions, those are on YouTube too

And there is a school in my area and I am seriously thinking of going

It looks like a lot of fun, I wish there was a school around.

Sanda/Sanshou schools tend to be in California, Florida, Boston and NYC, or at least those are then main ones I know about.

One popped up in my area that surprised me, the guy is out of Beijing Sports University and I did not expect that here.

GOOD AFTERNOON TO ALL THAT VISIT THE LPT !!!!!

I am heading to the school for some light training and then teaching. It is good being back in control or the thought of control.

Good to see you typing terry, have a great day.............

My first car was a 1949 4 door ford. It was built like a tank. Now a days you could make 4 cars out of the steel that went into that baby.

My first car was a 1949 4 door ford. It was built like a tank. Now a days you could make 4 cars out of the steel that went into that baby.
I bet! They were still trying to get out of "Sherman" mode in '49, weren't they?

I want a fulltime dojang. Life would be so much easier without carrying my crap back and forth.

Given a full time center I'd teach and train five days a week at least for sure.

My advanced class just got canceled so I think I should join the good doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back