The essence of Tai Chi push hand kung fu

My long fist teacher was a peaceful person (he passed away at age of 97). He always liked to talk about Wude - MA morality. One day I asked him why he trained iron palm. His respond was to hurt his enemy. The term "peaceful person" had different meaning for me after that day.
Am I your enemy?

Am I your enemy?
What make you to ask this question?

I have 2 MA teachers in my life. In a fight, my

- long fist teacher would pull me back.
- SC teacher would put a knife into my hand.

One year, I took my US SC team to compete in Taiwan (1984). When we passed by Hawaii, we were eating in a restaurant. One of my students had argument with someone. My SC teacher put a steak knife right in front of my student's dinner table with a loud noise. That scared his opponent away.

I respect my SC teacher's spirit (霸气 - Ba Qi). If I want to be a peaceful person, I probably won't train MA at all.

lion.jpg

Last edited:
What make you to ask this question?
Who is the enemy that you need to chop his head off with a guandao?

I don't think I am your enemy and you are not mine, in fact I like you and I want to visit you someday :)

I saw a teacher one day, take his whole school out to a thai restaraunt one day. To celebrate their victory in the tournament. The master got into a disagreement with the restaraunt owner about the bill. So he took him into the street and beat him bloody in the street. He needed an ambulance. That is the kind of thing that I don't like.

If my teacher put a steak knife in front of someone having an argument I would feel strange. Just an argument? It better have been something important :)

If my teacher put a steak knife in front of someone having an argument I would feel strange. Just an argument? It better have been something important :)
That's why I said my SC teacher had "霸气(Ba Qi) - lion spirit" that I respect a lot. Of course, to be a number one assassin for Chinese spymaster "戴笠 Dai Li", his experience was difficult to reproduce.

My students told me that I'm not the person that they would like to meet in a dark alley. That comment made me to feel pretty good. At lease I have developed a small percentage of my SC teacher's "霸气(Ba Qi) - lion spirit". :)

lion.jpg

Last edited:
Last time in another forum, I tried to change "What is Taiji skill" to "How to develop/test Taiji skill", the OP in that thread also said, "Please stay on topic". I left that forum right after that comment.

Appreciate your insight and experience. Feel we share many of the same thoughts..
No point in responding to something not relevant.

There is only one point to the study....
there are those who know this and others who do not...

It would be better to share, your thoughts relative to the topic.
Not be sidetracked....

Back