Tell me something good...

Something good?
My nephew sent me a drawing he made of a 'minecraft anime ghost'. It's cool! I'm gonna send him one of my landscapes, and bear in mind that they're selling for £70+ a piece.
Wow.. I didn't know people were making money off of it like that

Wow.. I didn't know people were making money off of it like that
Yes my other half makes that kind of money for her watercolour paintings. Animals are the most popular followed by botanicals and dramatic landscapes. I don’t like them, but I wouldn’t tell her!
EE4FB765-2F3A-45B6-8CA1-07ED605DBEDA.jpeg
EE7BAC3B-E324-465E-8AEF-E919101B8A3D.jpeg

Yes my other half makes that kind of money for her watercolour paintings. Animals are the most popular followed by botanicals and dramatic landscapes. I don’t like them, but I wouldn’t tell her!
View attachment 31832View attachment 31833

Nor should you. But, to tell you the truth. I do like them. Maybe because I have no artistic talent, but I just like them.

Since joining my new gym, training harder than ever and interacting with many different people, I feel so much healthier I ache a lot less and I’m generally of a much sunnier disposition.

Is this the power of exercise and social interaction that is so often talked about?

Since joining my new gym, training harder than ever and interacting with many different people, I feel so much healthier I ache a lot less and I’m generally of a much sunnier disposition.
As someone that has done NO physical actitvity ever really in the past beyond what is unavoidable, in despited my more recently progress back issues - I am overall in much better fitness since I started kyokushin than I ever was. I could not do 50+ pushups in high school, and when i started karate a few years ago I gave up after 15, now 50 is my standard set. I find this quite amazing. And I do not build muscles with gyms or do anything "extremet", I just do karate, fight, do heavy havy bag work, pushups and grip training, that's all. Just some hours a week does magic!

I feel that part of this is reactivation of a muscular machinery that I already had dormant, and this was in fact EASIER than I thought!
An overlayed part is mental endurance and motivation.

Is this the power of exercise and social interaction that is so often talked about?
The neurochemistry and neuropsycology of these things are extremely intersting, so it is a pity to lump the to together. It could easily qualify for it's own thread. Social interactions can both drain and yield.

Back