Muslim student demands 'Year of Our Lord' to be stricken

Brother!!

The why did you let me fight the last atheist-religion battle by myself??? Damn it, even the colonies need help once in a while....:)

Pshaw. Why do youse guys have to draw dividing lines on religion anyway? :p Ya know some of us with, um, "imaginary friends" are just as horrified at brutalizing people through abuses of power, the abandonment of personal responsibility, and teaching the Book of Genesis as rigorous science text. We just might make a good allies if you give us a chance... ;)

Pshaw. Why do youse guys have to draw dividing lines on religion anyway? :p Ya know some of us with, um, "imaginary friends" are just as horrified at brutalizing people through abuses of power, the abandonment of personal responsibility, and teaching the Book of Genesis as rigorous science text. We just might make a good allies if you give us a chance... ;)

Hun...every person i have ever dated, has been religious....

Has common sense been placed on the endangered species lis yet?

Perhaps there should be severe legal penalties for being an idiot?

I'll add a serious post, I have seen A.D. referred to as C.E...common era, completely pointless, even the most rabid atheist recognizes the demarcation of historical dates what it is....a standard established likely because academics institutions were for the most part established by religious orders...big fcuking deal.

It would not surprise me at all if a suit did ensue if the Board does not see their way.

And the argument would be that since the school accepts Federal money, that it is a tacit endorsement of religion.

Brother!!

The why did you let me fight the last atheist-religion battle by myself??? Damn it, even the colonies need help once in a while....:)

:lol: I was there you know :D.

I just declared neutrality after an exchange or two as I didn't want to aggrivate our more religiously inclined fellows when there was no benefit to be had in terms of amended or expanded opinions. Plus, you were doing fine - if you were getting beaten on then I couldn't have stepped in 'officially', having posted in the thread but I could have pointed out what was going on to a non-involved member of staff.

:lol: I was there you know :D.

I just declared neutrality after an exchange or two as I didn't want to aggrivate our more religiously inclined fellows when there was no benefit to be had in terms of amended or expanded opinions. Plus, you were doing fine - if you were getting beaten on then I couldn't have stepped in 'officially', having posted in the thread but I could have pointed out what was going on to a non-involved member of staff.

Chicken.....:)

I think we should take a cue from David Foster Wallace and institute Subsidized Time.

In the book Infinite Jest, there was The Year of the Whopper, The Year of the Tucks Medicated Pad, The Year of the Trial-Size Dove Bar, etc.

Who could have a problem with that? As long as they don't have a Year of the Hormel Thick-Cut Low-Sodium Bacon Slice (24-pack).

Latest Discussions

Back