Last Poster #7

How DARE you besmirch the good name of pie....

All-American-Apple-Pie.jpg

Iā€™ve never met anyone who doesnā€™t love Chicken Pot Pie.
Straight up!

I have also heard you guys don't have rum and coke cans.

You pour them from bottles like cavemen.

I wonder who he punched after drinking that?

Two DIFFERENT bottles like cave menā€¦. 1 bottle of rum one bottle of cokeā€¦.. sheesh, get it rightā€¦.. although we do have the option of a bottle of rum and a CAN of cokeā€¦. But generally thatā€™s to high tech for us

For those of you who are/aren't aware @Gerry Seymour lives in the area of Western NC that got hit hard with flooding. Just got this text earlier today, he said I could share it with MT as an update. Copy/Pasted below.

"Thanks for checking- I am planning to hop on MT to give an update. We are okay, though the area looks like a goddamn war zone. Two power substations have to be replaced. The Green River changed course. Some roads are just gone (including those we need to get guests back after ziplining, so I'm now out of work). Trees down everywhere. I live in a forest, and can see at least 8 trees down from one window. But no significant damage to us or our neighbors. Power will probably be out for more than a week, but we have solar, so we can get by if we are frugal. All in all, we are very lucky."
Thanks for sharing. Iā€™m glad to hear Gerry and his family are okay.

We are in the thick of hurricane season. A lot of you guys live over on the east coast. Stay safe.

No but I think you can still find yourself a Zima.
Iā€™ve only had Shepardā€™s pies a dozen or so times. All of them when I was stone cold ravenous.

Ooh, mama. So light, so fluffy.

Like eating the anchor and chain of a battleship in a hurricane.
Shepardā€™s pie is good. We used to make a lot of meat pies with the crust on the top and bottom. Then we got lazy like the Scots and just put some puff pastry on top. But lately, Iā€™ve been making buttermilk biscuits as the top layer and thatā€™s my favorite.

Back