Last Poster #7

You know, Mac Support Chat can be on occasion helpful, and surprisingly it was helpful earlier to day...however most of the time it is maddening.... it is living up to that this afternoon...... Don't know how many times I have to say the same thing...but I am hoping, sooner or later, they get it
Support Help that was actually helpful and of assistance? Did you draw the new guy who hasn't been properly trained to be useless yet?

Going to work on my Chinese again. I have not used it much in a while, been depending on my wife and daughter.....
So, you are American, and your wife is Chinese. I'm Chinese and my wife is American. I still remember the first time I took my wife to China. When we walked on the Beijing Street, people clapped hands at me. One guy even said, "You bring dignity back for Chinese. 给中国人露脸". I assume my situation is not very common.

I ate a salad actually! I got it half off and... I never ate a salad but low and behold I did... and I don't entirely know how I feel about it... I'm flabbergasted. A loss for words. Indifferent. Dumbfounded and awestruck, and I no longer recognize the man I see in the mirror.
Don't worry, this too will pass, and then one day you will all of a sudden realize.... you have eaten hundreds of salads

Support Help that was actually helpful and of assistance? Did you draw the new guy who hasn't been properly trained to be useless yet?
Had a Dell support guy once that was amazingly good. He would actually admit when Dell messed up. But then Dell realized it and promoted him away from the help desk.... and it has been horrible ever since.

I don't know what I was expecting, I must have been out of my mind for a moment to think that the Apple Help Desk would actually help me...... Currently finding ways to get around things to see if I can get updates. So far so good

So, you are American, and your wife is Chinese. I'm Chinese and my wife is American. I still remember the first time I took my wife to China. When we walked on the Beijing Street, people clapped hands at me. One guy even said, "You bring dignity back for Chinese. 给中国人露脸". I assume my situation is not very common.
Mostly I get surprised looks from folks that wonder just what the heck is a foreigner doing here

Had a Dell support guy once that was amazingly good. He would actually admit when Dell messed up. But then Dell realized it and promoted him away from the help desk.... and it has been horrible ever since.

I don't know what I was expecting, I must have been out of my mind for a moment to think that the Apple Help Desk would actually help me...... Currently finding ways to get around things to see if I can get updates. So far so good
Worked with a vendor support agent yesterday. She kept insisting an account under my email address didn't exist. But she also wouldn't let me spell out my email address, insisting she got it right - my email address includes my last name (hollwedel), which even when I do spell it out people mess up half the time.

Worked with a vendor support agent yesterday. She kept insisting an account under my email address didn't exist. But she also wouldn't let me spell out my email address, insisting she got it right - my email address includes my last name (hollwedel), which even when I do spell it out people mess up half the time.
They Dell person I dealt with after that had to send me parts...they didn't arrive, I called, they said they sent them but the order was refused. I had given them all my info for the order prior to sending, but I asked them, where did you send it. They sent it to an entireley different state office that was on the other side of the city. I corrected the address, same thing, never got the parts. Called Dell again, order was refused, no one working there by that name. Now I have an incredibly common name, nothing special easy to spell. So I asked them, who did you send it to...the response was "We sent it to you" I then asked "and who am I exactly" they said "Ableebee Alemaiyou"

They insisted that was who ordered, I even checked with HR, not only was there no one working in the department with that name, there never was anyone working at the department with that name.

Round 3 correct name, I made them read it back to me, Correct address, I made them read it off to me as well.... I finally got the parts

Back