Last Poster #7

I’ll tell you what they’ll say because my other half watches them on youtube all the time: you need a lot more money than you think; 2+ times more than you think. With US healthcare, or lack there of, make that ten times.
Thank you

My retirement will covers much of my healthcare, one reason why I don’t retire now. Building up the hours to the max to cover as much as possible. And yes I know the rest and to be honest, I am not worried.

Last edited:
Thank you

My retirement will covers much of my healthcare, one reason why I don’t retire now. Building up the hours to the max to cover as much as possible. And yes I know the rest and to be honest, I am not worried.
Looks like NY State has a traditional pension program. Don’t see that too often these days. IIRC, you’ve been with them for long enough, I’m sure you’re fine. I hope you get some good news.

Looks like NY State has a traditional pension program. Don’t see that too often these days. IIRC, you’ve been with them for long enough, I’m sure you’re fine. I hope you get some good news.
Currently I have 2 different higher dates depending on which office I talk to. One office has me at 30 years and a few months, the other has me at 30 years in a few months. Part of the meeting after the seminars, is to find out which one is correct.

Another factor in retirement date is the atmosphere in my office after my supervisor retires. Wait and see on that one.

Thank you
I have some magic money-making beans I can sell you, if you’re interested?
My retirement will covers much of my healthcare,
Very good. I’ve been watching quite a few youtube clips from Americans who’ve relocated to the U.K./European mainland and many of them literally cry about our ‘free at the point of delivery’ health care. They say in the US they’d wait until they were really ill before calling an ambulance or visiting a doctor!
one reason why I don’t retire now. Building up the hours to the max to cover as much as possible. And yes I know the rest and to be honest, I am not worried.
You’ve clearly planned well.👍🏽

I have some magic money-making beans I can sell you, if you’re interested?
No thanks, I have invested heavily in Magic Beans...why do you think I'm not worried
Very good. I’ve been watching quite a few youtube clips from Americans who’ve relocated to the U.K./European mainland and many of them literally cry about our ‘free at the point of delivery’ health care. They say in the US they’d wait until they were really ill before calling an ambulance or visiting a doctor!

You’ve clearly planned well.👍🏽

I had my retina start to detach in Norway.... which sent me to an emergency room, which sent me to a college that specializes in this which then got the head of the department called in to look. It was to early for them to see, but I could.... My insurance would reimburse me for the cost, but I had to pay the bill first... I got back to America expecting a bill of well over $10,000.....I got the Bill...it was for $200... I got a check from my insurance....And I ended up with my 2nd retina reattachment procedure when I got back to the USA... laser that time... My insurance covered all of that except for $50...

By the way I am keeping this insurance when I retire. It is the only one they state offers that covers you outside the USA.

No thanks, I have invested heavily in Magic Beans...why do you think I'm not worried
But mine are…they’re super magic beans.
I had my retina start to detach in Norway.... which sent me to an emergency room, which sent me to a college that specializes in this which then got the head of the department called in to look. It was to early for them to see, but I could.... My insurance would reimburse me for the cost, but I had to pay the bill first... I got back to America expecting a bill of well over $10,000.....I got the Bill...it was for $200... I got a check from my insurance....And I ended up with my 2nd retina reattachment procedure when I got back to the USA... laser that time... My insurance covered all of that except for $50...
I have no issue with paying for healthcare if it’s the country’s choice, but what I think is really unfair (and didn’t realise was the case) is the inflated prices the hospitals charge for procedures. Here’s a rather sweet video that shows the disparity…doctor are looking so young these day….
By the way I am keeping this insurance when I retire. It is the only one they state offers that covers you outside the USA.
Come to the U.K. on holiday, stay with me and it’ll be done for free. I’ll charge you £7,967 for bed and breakfast, though.

I recently heard that people who come here from aboard to study pay a £1000 to access all healthcare free of charge after that.

I have no issue with paying for healthcare if it’s the country’s choice, but what I think is really unfair (and didn’t realise was the case) is the inflated prices the hospitals charge for procedures. Here’s a rather sweet video that shows the disparity…doctor are looking so young these day….

Come to the U.K. on holiday, stay with me and it’ll be done for free. I’ll charge you £7,967 for bed and breakfast, though.

I recently heard that people who come here from aboard to study pay a £1000 to access all healthcare free of charge after that.
I've had friends go back to China for medical procedures.... because it is so much cheaper.... I'm not going to do that, for various reasons. But it was the difference between $15,000 and $200 for a friend of mines wife....the cost of the plane ticket plus the procedure was much cheaper

This is a good place to mention US government does a poor job of combating the healthcare issue. Instead of looking at the business/profit component, they tend to let hospitals, pharmacy's, and doctors have unlimited control of pricing. The whole process is intentionally convoluted.

This is a good place to mention US government does a poor job of combating the healthcare issue. Instead of looking at the business/profit component, they tend to let hospitals, pharmacy's, and doctors have unlimited control of pricing. The whole process is intentionally convoluted.
A big BIG contributor is the drug companies and what they charge

dXZLwx1.jpeg

Xue, you look good in earth tones.

Medicare part D can now negotiate prices, which is very helpful.

You know why you frequently read about healthy people living in Hawaii?
Because we have such poor health care every’s scared to death of getting sick.

Doctors move here all the time. Within a couple of years they move away because they can’t make any money here.

Doctors move here all the time. Within a couple of years they move away because they can’t make any money here.
Its all that dang sunshine, clean air and stress free living...... DANG healthy Hawaiians....

Its all that dang sunshine, clean air and stress free living...... DANG healthy Hawaiians....

That’s the Hawaii of thirty years ago.
In today’s Hawaii the sun is unbearable, the air smells like sheet, but, yes, you don’t have to pay for the stress, it’s free. I’ll give you that one.

Last edited:
So people avoid eating bad things and exercise sufficiently?
Is that true?

Back