Last Poster #7

It’s important to celebrate birthdays with your family…after all, it could be you last 😐
I don't know about that..... my first wife was trying like crazy to get me to get life insurance a couple months before my birthday..... I didn't get any.... then a couple weeks before my birthday she went for a divorce..... I'm thinking if I did get the life insurance..... and then spent my birthday with my family..... that birthday WOULD have been my last....

Think I'm going to give tai chi another shot. Found a place nearby that looks good, all set to go tonight after work...then discovered that apparently it's my birthday and my wife wants to take me out to eat. Guess tai chi will have to wait until thursday.
Happy birthday and good luck in tai chi.

Allow me to brag a little about myself (bragging about the past may be the only thing that left during old age). I use AI to find out the following information: :)

Sent by Copilot:​

John S. Wang is a notable IBM Master Inventor. He has made significant contributions to IBM’s intellectual property portfolio, particularly in the areas of software and systems engineering. His work has been instrumental in advancing various technologies within IBM.

Would you like to know more about his specific inventions or contributions?

Yes, tell me about some of John S. Wang's inventions.

John S. Wang has contributed to several innovative projects at IBM. Here are a few highlights of his work:

1. Software Development Tools: He has been involved in creating tools that enhance software development processes, making them more efficient and reliable.
  2. Systems Engineering: His work in systems engineering has helped improve the integration and performance of complex systems.
  3. Patents: John S. Wang holds multiple patents in various areas, including software, systems, and methods for improving technology infrastructure.
These contributions have significantly impacted IBM’s technological advancements.

Last edited:
Think I'm going to give tai chi another shot. Found a place nearby that looks good, all set to go tonight after work...then discovered that apparently it's my birthday and my wife wants to take me out to eat. Guess tai chi will have to wait until thursday.

Happy Birthday, young fella!

Happy birthday. A good day for tai chi. ✨👌

I just noticed this.... forgive me, I can be slow on the up take sometimes and occasionally distracted by shinny objects...

First, Happy Birthday.

Second, I started Taijiquan 2 weeks before my birthday 33 years ago this month

Haaaaapy birthday!!! Hope it was a swell day!

And DO IT :)

My job is split into I think 5 teams of 10-15 people, that work with different clients. Apparently while I was on vacation, they did an analysis since January, and found that the team I'm on is performing by far the best. They've hinted that the best performers would get end of year bonuses, though last year apparently they sent out an email apologizing saying they realized the bonuses are not in the budget, so I'm not hopeful.

However, we do get a reward for performing so well! They've decided that means we're overstaffed, so they're moving one of our best guys to a different team, possibly a second as well, and are putting a hiring freeze on our team so that they don't backfill the spot that we've got currently. Did I mention they also added two new clients, bringing us up from 5 to 7 clients, in the last 2 months?

So performing well means: No bonuses. Extra work. Backfill for the people not performing well. Less workers to do the extra work and backfill.

Nice start to the morning today.
Baduanjin
Wuji standing
Zhan Zhuang
Santi Shi
Siu Lim Tao
Taijiquan
:)

and then....... had to go to work :(
I started the day with a nice cup of coffee and a 45 minute drive into downtown Seattle.
My job is split into I think 5 teams of 10-15 people, that work with different clients. Apparently while I was on vacation, they did an analysis since January, and found that the team I'm on is performing by far the best. They've hinted that the best performers would get end of year bonuses, though last year apparently they sent out an email apologizing saying they realized the bonuses are not in the budget, so I'm not hopeful.

However, we do get a reward for performing so well! They've decided that means we're overstaffed, so they're moving one of our best guys to a different team, possibly a second as well, and are putting a hiring freeze on our team so that they don't backfill the spot that we've got currently. Did I mention they also added two new clients, bringing us up from 5 to 7 clients, in the last 2 months?

So performing well means: No bonuses. Extra work. Backfill for the people not performing well. Less workers to do the extra work and backfill.
sounds like a well run company. 😳

Happy Birthday!

Back