Last Poster #7

I'm getting that old feeling again..... having a hard time resisting..... the old Xingyiquan addiction is gnawing at me again.... just realize I was standing in Santi yesterday, the day before and even today while I was waiting for the microwave in my office to finish heating my lunch. And last night, dare I say it, I caught myself doing wuxingquan...... i'm hopeless ;)

hangs head in shame...exit stage left....towards the dark side.....with evil grin on face.....

AD446493-6625-4BB6-B969-1C4C8C505476.jpeg

Wasn’t Ripley a childless, cat lady? 🤔 She was über cool!

My job is split into I think 5 teams of 10-15 people, that work with different clients. Apparently while I was on vacation, they did an analysis since January, and found that the team I'm on is performing by far the best. They've hinted that the best performers would get end of year bonuses, though last year apparently they sent out an email apologizing saying they realized the bonuses are not in the budget, so I'm not hopeful.

However, we do get a reward for performing so well! They've decided that means we're overstaffed, so they're moving one of our best guys to a different team, possibly a second as well, and are putting a hiring freeze on our team so that they don't backfill the spot that we've got currently. Did I mention they also added two new clients, bringing us up from 5 to 7 clients, in the last 2 months?

So performing well means: No bonuses. Extra work. Backfill for the people not performing well. Less workers to do the extra work and backfill.
They are pulling the same stunt with us at the moment.

And now we have to do a whole bunch of assessments to try to justify extra staff .

Was told to head into an office today at 8, as soon as coverage appears. 8:35, still no coverage...I don't think they realized I am the coverage. They shifted my shift an hour earlier (while I was on vacation, without telling me), and forgot that leaves another gap during my original shift time.

Was told to head into an office today at 8, as soon as coverage appears. 8:35, still no coverage...I don't think they realized I am the coverage.
Do you work for your local government, by any chance? That’s the sort of thing they’d do.
They shifted my shift an hour earlier (while I was on vacation, without telling me), and forgot that leaves another gap during my original shift time.
That’s just down right disrespectful. I’d lodge a complaint to my line manager just before introducing his neck to my sword.

Speaking of retirement...next week, to seminars on retirement.... after that meeting with the retirement folks....after that I will have a good idea of the date.....2025, 2026, or 2027..... I doubt 2025....but the other 2 are possibilities.

Only thing that could change this is if they transfer me out of this office and give me an upgrade.... the transfer is very possible, especially after my supervisor retires next year... I will then be the last gov IT person in an office that really does not like gov IT people..... the upgrade, not as likely..... but an upgrade, to have it do much for your retirement, I believe requires 3 years in title. First time in my career I really don't want an upgrade

I had my Friday the 13th yesterday.

On a side note if you are ever worried about prophecys of the rapture or the end of the world. It will happen to me a day in advance.

So I will let you know how bad it was.

On a side note if you are ever worried about prophecys of the rapture or the end of the world. It will happen to me a day in advance.

That's quite a relief. So far, Friday the 13th has been quite nice around here. A pleasant, partly cloudy day in the upper 60s... windows are open and the birds are chirping.

Regarding end of the world predictions, it looks like 2026 is the next one. According to Wikipedia, Messiah Foundation International predicts that the world will end in 2026, when an asteroid collides with Earth in accordance with Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi's predictions in his book The Religion of God.

Good to know, but I have relative in China who will tell me to..... just that they will tell me in Chinese

Speaking of retirement...next week, to seminars on retirement.... after that meeting with the retirement folks....after that I will have a good idea of the date.....2025, 2026, or 2027..... I doubt 2025....but the other 2 are possibilities.

Only thing that could change this is if they transfer me out of this office and give me an upgrade.... the transfer is very possible, especially after my supervisor retires next year... I will then be the last gov IT person in an office that really does not like gov IT people..... the upgrade, not as likely..... but an upgrade, to have it do much for your retirement, I believe requires 3 years in title. First time in my career I really don't want an upgrade
I’ll tell you what they’ll say because my other half watches them on youtube all the time: you need a lot more money than you think; 2+ times more than you think. With US healthcare, or lack there of, make that ten times.

Latest Discussions

Back