Last Poster #7

So people avoid eating bad things and exercise sufficiently?

Is that true?

No, people eat bad things and never exercise, what I said was tongue in cheek to make fun of the health care out here.

The other part, unfortunately, is all too true. Doctors leave here so fast it’s kind of scary. They all love it at first. Then not so much.
Next thing you know you have a brand new Doctor who’s all smiles. Then not so much.

Then he be gone, pfft. It’s like magic.

No, people eat bad things and never exercise, what I said was tongue in cheek to make fun of the health care out here.
Ohhh…I thought it was a unknown ‘blue zone’!
The other part, unfortunately, is all too true. Doctors leave here so fast it’s kind of scary. They all love it at first. Then not so much.
Next thing you know you have a brand new Doctor who’s all smiles. Then not so much.

Then he be gone, pfft. It’s like magic.
Years ago, there was some George Clooney film set in Hawaii and it seemed like a challenging place to live. Not like Hawaii Five O!

Did you know Steve Mcgarrett actor, Jack Lord, was going to be Captain James Tiberius Kirk? His wife and he made too many demands so they dropped him!

Ohhh…I thought it was a unknown ‘blue zone’!

Years ago, there was some George Clooney film set in Hawaii and it seemed like a challenging place to live. Not like Hawaii Five O!

Did you know Steve Mcgarrett actor, Jack Lord, was going to be Captain James Tiberius Kirk? His wife and he made too many demands so they dropped him!

I did know. And I know a lot about Jack Lord and the Hawaii 5-0 franchise in general. It was my favorite show as a kid.

I’ve stood on that balcony (the Illikai Hotel and Luxury Suites) that Jack Lord stands on in the opening credits. I got my SAG card working as a tv stuntman on Oahu.

I remember the first episode of the original Hawaii 5-0 like it was yesterday. It was called Cocoon, a two part episode. It’s where I first learned of Gutta-percha - which allowed me to win a trivia contest for charity forty years later.

Yeah, I was a 5-0 freak. I even loved the remake of the series and wish it was on in reruns….even though it was crazy mad silly and sometimes seriously stupid. But I even loved that one.

Made a maple/bourbon pot roast tonight. So good. Going to hit the sack early so I can watch the F1 race in the morning.

I did know. And I know a lot about Jack Lord and the Hawaii 5-0 franchise in general. It was my favorite show as a kid.

I’ve stood on that balcony (the Illikai Hotel and Luxury Suites) that Jack Lord stands on in the opening credits. I got my SAG card working as a tv stuntman on Oahu.

I remember the first episode of the original Hawaii 5-0 like it was yesterday. It was called Cocoon, a two part episode. It’s where I first learned of Gutta-percha - which allowed me to win a trivia contest for charity forty years later.

Yeah, I was a 5-0 freak. I even loved the remake of the series and wish it was on in reruns….even though it was crazy mad silly and sometimes seriously stupid. But I even loved that one.
I suppose you have to be a fan of a programme if you live where it’s set…🤔…in which case I should be a fan of ‘Coronation Street’ 😳

I liked Hawaii 5-0 with Jack Lord. I was not as big a fan of the new version.

I remember seeing the original as a kid, and a couple years ago it was on a lical station. I watched it every chance I got. Then the took it off.

But then i like a lot of the older shows better than the new versions

I liked Hawaii 5-0 with Jack Lord. I was not as big a fan of the new version.

I remember seeing the original as a kid, and a couple years ago it was on a lical station. I watched it every chance I got. Then the took it off.

But then i like a lot of the older shows better than the new versions
I bought the theme music on 7” when I was a little boy. There was an outline picture on the back you could colour in!

35874C99-C6EF-4616-895F-F12B7047A8CB.jpeg

66BB5102-0E8A-408E-B4BC-752EE3824E00.jpeg

Oh the memories….

Went out and drank 15 pints or so. I was so annnoyed with myself I got up at 6 in the morning and ran 3 miles in the rain as a punishment

Guys... I might have to leave this forum as I've decided I'm not going back to proper training in class. I'm going to study to be a priest. I'll do my kata once a day, maybe hit the makiwara and do some weights and pushups to keep in shape as I believe a cleric should be strong and fit enough to do the lord's work. Ideally, I'd like to be a chaplain in the royal navy.

Guys... I might have to leave this forum as I've decided I'm not going back to proper training in class. I'm going to study to be a priest. I'll do my kata once a day, maybe hit the makiwara and do some weights and pushups to keep in shape as I believe a cleric should be strong and fit enough to do the lord's work. Ideally, I'd like to be a chaplain in the royal navy.
Ni reason to stop posting
And i wish you the best in your endeavor

Well...

That didn't go nearly as badly as I'd feared.

The sink faucet was dripping. A lot. At least a quart an hour... so I got to get my wife an anniversary present, and spent the afternoon installing a new faucet.

After I found the special tool to reach the bolt to remove the old one, getting it out was pretty simple. And the new one was pretty easy to put in. No real headaches... Gotta replace one of the shut off valves eventually, but that can wait.

Well...

That didn't go nearly as badly as I'd feared.

The sink faucet was dripping. A lot. At least a quart an hour... so I got to get my wife an anniversary present, and spent the afternoon installing a new faucet.

After I found the special tool to reach the bolt to remove the old one, getting it out was pretty simple. And the new one was pretty easy to put in. No real headaches... Gotta replace one of the shut off valves eventually, but that can wait.
Projects like that are very satisfying.

Agree with Xue, no need to leave the forum mate. There are a few here that don't really actively train but still love to chat about martial arts. Very cool, wish you all the best there too.

And regarding that day you had, progress is rarely, rarely a straight line going up. You had a day, a moment. I'm sure you've made heaps of progress overall. Celebrate your wins, but no need to attack or punish yourself for being human. Just moving forward is all that's needed.

I agree with Xue and Simon, I hope you stay. And I wish you success in your your clerical goal.

Ni reason to stop posting
And i wish you the best in your endeavor
Agree with Xue, no need to leave the forum mate. There are a few here that don't really actively train but still love to chat about martial arts. Very cool, wish you all the best there too.

And regarding that day you had, progress is rarely, rarely a straight line going up. You had a day, a moment. I'm sure you've made heaps of progress overall. Celebrate your wins, but no need to attack or punish yourself for being human. Just moving forward is all that's needed.
I agree with Xue and Simon, I hope you stay. And I wish you success in your your clerical goal.
Well, thank you all very much, I'm glad I'm still welcome even if I'm not training properly. I'll stick around.

Back