Last Poster #7

once heard an interview with an woman who was a Chinese spy. She was talking about getting hi-tech plans from the USA. They asked her how hard it was, she said it was easy. She went on to say that no one pays attention to an engineer, or what he is saying, and don't care much about his work, only the result. She said all it takes is an attractive Chinese lady to pay attention to him, and listen to what he is saying, and they will tell you everything....
Whenever a reasonably attractive woman (that usually only means a normal BMI) comes to train at my dojo or at national seminars, the teachers/seniors would be all over them like flies around faecal matter. It’s really cringey to observe.

Go away on a meditation retreat or something. Good chance to reset and balance things out. "Leave" the world temporarily to come back to it differently :). I'm considering one at some stage soon.
I’ve done a quite few formal Zen retreats and they are very mentally taxing. One would often hear people during the sessions (usually women) wailing loudly in distress at the consequences of the required introspection. If you’re prone to that type of character, be very careful. Go for a spa day instead and just get bored, hot and uncomfortable from being intimately touched by a stranger for a few hours.

Well, Mrs Xue us away tonight, went to visit the littlest Xue (who is not all that little). But that means I'm alone in the house and you know what that means.....
of course at my age that means I will likely fall asleep oin my recliner around 10:30 with the TV on, wake up about 12:00 and get to bed after midnight.......since there is no one here to wake me up and tell me to go to bed
After a certain age, it is necessary to re-write that KISS song.
I wanna Rock & Roll till 1000.
And party every 3rd day.

Last edited:
I have synovitis of the subtalar joint and peroneal tendonitis in right foot/ankle. No workouts this week. I have a cankle in a compression wrap, hoping no cortisone shot. Not even sure how I did it, which feels really dumb.

Well, I have fell out of bed before but with no incident. We have a tall bed and I toss and turn a lot. I have a marble top nightstand beside the bed.
Last night I rolled over from my back, fell out of bed. hit my cheek bone (that has a metal plate on it) on the marble, kept falling and slammed the eye brow area on the crystal pull handle. Took six stitches to close it up.

It truly looks like I lost a bar fight. :rolleyes:

Whenever a reasonably attractive woman (that usually only means a normal BMI) comes to train at my dojo or at national seminars, the teachers/seniors would be all over them like flies around faecal matter. It’s really cringey to observe.
Yuck. Sounds like a pretty gross place to train.

There’s not much in life that upsets me more.
That was my first full time Sensei in a nutshell.

Karma came for him. In a public setting. Hospitalized, never to teach again. It was ugly and beautiful at the same time.

working from home today.... however it is time to get off my backside and go do some exercise and training....well...off to the basement guan

jmENdPziZPPXkq2OHWvSIk728Pe2mekbfPltVQc9ZrxpDHixm3xoTsDKJR1qmHrzMF2sjVnSYQLja5tn9sFY4hzbJ0qUfdWXKesa74DZ_bI4PA

Yang-single_%28restoration%29.jpg

Sun_lutang-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back