Last Poster #7

As a friend of mine recently put it…

“The Celtics were winning the easy ones, the Patriots were not. The Bruins were tough as ever, while Sox fans patiently waited for the owner to pass in his sleep.

The Mayor couldn’t find a Dunkin Donuts if she crashed into one and the cold wind didn’t blow, it sucked

Welcome to Boston.”

And yet, I can’t wait to get back there.

Yeah ok, tell me that in 4-5 months from now when it’s still in the 50 degrees range here and you are shoveling. Or in the hot summer when it’s still in the 60 degrees range here. The West is the Best.
I will, I like winter.... have not like the last couple because there was not enough snow..... remember, I plan on retiring to Maine

Read a post...won't respond there... don't want to start a problem....so I'll respond here

facepalm-shame.gif

Well, I had a rather bad gastritis attack earlier this afternoon, takes a lot out of me, literally... including all my energy. Took a 2 hour nap after that, kind if had no choice.... so with that in mind I think I will say goodnight, log off and go do some Baduanjin

Three things:

1) It's been insanely windy here for the last week. Just constant! Who let some butterflies loose around your neck of the woods?!?

2) We're finally getting a puppy 🥰🥰🥰. An English cocker spaniel, chocolate colour, and we're very very excited. It's been 2 years or so since we lost our last, and definitely ready for this. All happened so fast though within the last week!

3) Also finally seeing a psychologist and getting further therapy soon. I've actually been going noticeably better the last month or so but I can flip severely, so don't wanna backslide again..

That is all.

I've come across quite a few folks from other countries who really just don't comprehend the scale of the US. I can drive more than 6 hours and still be in Virginia -- and I'm not traveling in circles. Travel through about 100 miles and you can hit three very different cultural regions, even today, and that's just here in one part of Virginia.
2B6FE95E-2DA8-4C4F-90FA-D5221300AD6F.jpeg
1C1E99F3-1141-4D6C-B16A-288EC6FB5677.jpeg
Some of us do.
EFE74982-99CB-450E-9D07-90B9C428DFEE.jpeg
BC2D9129-3A9F-47E2-A325-621B2ED77625.jpeg

Three things:

1) It's been insanely windy here for the last week. Just constant! Who let some butterflies loose around your neck of the woods?!?
Well, it wasn't me
2) We're finally getting a puppy 🥰🥰🥰. An English cocker spaniel, chocolate colour, and we're very very excited. It's been 2 years or so since we lost our last, and definitely ready for this. All happened so fast though within the last week!
congratulations
3) Also finally seeing a psychologist and getting further therapy soon. I've actually been going noticeably better the last month or so but I can flip severely, so don't wanna backslide again..

That is all.
Been there done that, glad you are getting therapy

After dealing with Gastritis again, for the last month, and yesterdays major attack, I think I will listen to that little voice in my head that has been telling me for a month now, to go back to my "Almost" vegetarian ways. However as long as things like Xiaolongbao and Cha siu bao exist...I will never be a full on 100% vegetarian

Three things:

That is all.
It’s awesome you are getting a new pup! Congratulations! Nothing gives me more pure joy than new puppy kisses.

I will, I like winter.... have not like the last couple because there was not enough snow..... remember, I plan on retiring to Maine
Maine is beautiful. I love going to snowboard, but you guys don’t have proper mountains. I like a stable cool temp. It rains like crazy in the winter here. Sometimes 28 days out of a month. I don’t mind it, but some folks can’t take it and move away after rainy winters followed by foggy summers.

Three things:

That is all.
Thanks for the update. Please share pictures of the puppy when you can. And I’m very glad to hear you’re feeling better and have found a good therapist.

Not the least heat or pollution compared to my neck of the woods. I’m in the emerald triangle.
IMG_0695.jpeg

My rainier from downtown Seattle.

IMG_0697.jpeg

Same morning looking west toward the Olympic peninsula. Bainbridge Island in the foreground and the Olympic Mountains in the back.

I’d put Seattle up against anyplace for sheer natural splendor.

View attachment 31580

My rainier from downtown Seattle.

View attachment 31581

Same morning looking west toward the Olympic peninsula. Bainbridge Island in the foreground and the Olympic Mountains in the back.

I’d put Seattle up against anyplace for sheer natural splendor.
My only complaint about Seattle is traffic. I have an 8 minute commute where I maybe see 10-12 cars total.

Back