Last Poster #7

“Innit” is hilarious to me.

View attachment 31562

Innit is solid gold to me, makes perfect sense.

As for New Englanders talking funny, you bet we do. And it’s different kinds of funny depending on where you are.

My accent will never go away, I have no control over it. When I meet people for the first time out here many will hear me talk funny and ask, “New York?”
I usually reply, “Boston. If I was from New York I’d be yelling.”

Innit is solid gold to me, makes perfect sense.

As for New Englanders talking funny, you bet we do. And it’s different kinds of funny depending on where you are.

My accent will never go away, I have no control over it. When I meet people for the first time out here many will hear me talk funny and ask, “New York?”
I usually reply, “Boston. If I was from New York I’d be yelling.”
About 20 years ago, I was in Boston for four months for work and really enjoyed it. At that time, everything was oriented to Dunkin’ Donuts. “The park? Yeah, okay. So you see that dunkin over there? Head past that dunkin and keep going… you’ll see a dunkin next to a green park bench. Turn left and you’re there “

Coffee regular was a trip, too. I ordered coffee in a Dunkin’ Donuts and the guy said, “regular?” I thought he meant regular or decaf.

About 20 years ago, I was in Boston for four months for work and really enjoyed it. At that time, everything was oriented to Dunkin’ Donuts. “The park? Yeah, okay. So you see that dunkin over there? Head past that dunkin and keep going… you’ll see a dunkin next to a green park bench. Turn left and you’re there “

Coffee regular was a trip, too. I ordered coffee in a Dunkin’ Donuts and the guy said, “regular?” I thought he meant regular or decaf.
Well at least you didn't try ordering a Milk shake..... only to be disappointed..... and later learn you should have ordered a frap... @Buka will understand that one.

I had the accent when I was a kid in Peabody, I worked to get rid of it when I was a High school student, then College, when I lived near Worcester. I use to goto western NY a lot to visit family and I got tired of everyone asking me if I was from Boston, so the accent went away.... I did however notice it came back in my early 20s if I was out drinking.

I’m sorry. I’m just teasing. Not trying to annoy you. The streaky took it too far.
Oh now you've done it....

put-em-up-wizard-of-oz.gif

Well at least you didn't try ordering a Milk shake..... only to be disappointed..... and later learn you should have ordered a frap... @Buka will understand that one.

I had the accent when I was a kid in Peabody, I worked to get rid of it when I was a High school student, then College, when I lived near Worcester. I use to goto western NY a lot to visit family and I got tired of everyone asking me if I was from Boston, so the accent went away.... I did however notice it came back in my early 20s if I was out drinking.
I lost my Texas twang in high school after we moved to Seattle. Didn’t do it on purpose. Just went away over time.

Yeah, but you guys talk funny in New England 😂

Slight tangent, but I get a kick out of Brits poking fun at American accents and speech. Washington State is just about the same size as the island of Great Britain. Like, given the diverse accents and dialects just in that little, baby island, you’d think they’d have some idea of the scope of diversity in the USA. Right? 😊
I've come across quite a few folks from other countries who really just don't comprehend the scale of the US. I can drive more than 6 hours and still be in Virginia -- and I'm not traveling in circles. Travel through about 100 miles and you can hit three very different cultural regions, even today, and that's just here in one part of Virginia.

I've come across quite a few folks from other countries who really just don't comprehend the scale of the US. I can drive more than 6 hours and still be in Virginia -- and I'm not traveling in circles. Travel through about 100 miles and you can hit three very different cultural regions, even today, and that's just here in one part of Virginia.

I drove across the widest part of Texas twenty years ago. I’m surprised I’m not still driving.

When I say I live in Northern California people think San Francisco but I’m 260 miles north of San Francisco.

Safest thing along the east coast is just not to order coffee regular. You never know which rules they're going by (unless you're in Boston. Then it means only one thing)

How we advertise our desert.
Well the locals...umm.... Don't want to meet them.... as for the acronym at the end of the ad..... umm....how do I put this delicately..... the big CAPITAL letters..... spell out an American English Slang word that can be found in the old George Carlin routine "7 Dirty words you can't say on TV"

Otherwise, looks like a nice place

one step closer to the edge..... it is getting annoying.... know more about a topic than the poster, refute his statements with facts..... and they basically respond with, you shouldn't say that, its off topic.... but only to me, no one else..... I need a vacation from MT..... I'm going to log off and do my PT shoulder exercises...maybe I can avoid another cortisone shot in the future....

Well the locals...umm.... Don't want to meet them.... as for the acronym at the end of the ad..... umm....how do I put this delicately..... the big CAPITAL letters..... spell out an American English Slang word that can be found in the old George Carlin routine "7 Dirty words you can't say on TV"

Otherwise, looks like a nice place
Seattle has a trolley system. One of the lines is the South Lake Union Trolley. Sometimes people have a little fun. 🤣

Nothing personal... but you guys are all on the wrong coast, the left coast.... which is why where I live, is called the "right" coast :D
Yeah ok, tell me that in 4-5 months from now when it’s still in the 50 degrees range here and you are shoveling. Or in the hot summer when it’s still in the 60 degrees range here. The West is the Best.

Back