Last Poster #7

It might

I use some slang terms that my kids have no idea what it means....and I don't know their slang either....but my daughter takes one of mine every now and then and uses it at school.... and none of her friends have any idea what she is talking about

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love slang. There is so much, and it evolves quickly. You know how people used to say rad, or awesome, or bitchin to imply something is great or wonderful?
But what kind of people used those words? Those trying too hard to appear cool, thus showing their weakness of character and depravity of mind 😑
Here is my personal contribution to that, “Yoga pants!”
Stop it.

Slang changes a lot. It ages like us I guess. When I first heard the word f-a-g -g -o -t it meant a cigarette. I was told that before that it meant a bundle of sticks tied together.
It still does over here.
When we were young teens it meant someone who couldn’t fight. Not because they were effeminate, they just couldn’t fight.
We know what it means now.
A type of meatball?
2FD157C0-8FF2-4BF2-8D56-AD7C0FC645FD.jpeg

Fifty years from now it might be a model of Pickup Truck.
It does in parts of Papua New Guinea.

You hear a lot of “like” and “right” in New England.
Yeah, but you guys talk funny in New England 😂

Slight tangent, but I get a kick out of Brits poking fun at American accents and speech. Washington State is just about the same size as the island of Great Britain. Like, given the diverse accents and dialects just in that little, baby island, you’d think they’d have some idea of the scope of diversity in the USA. Right? 😊

But what kind of people used those words? Those trying too hard to appear cool, thus showing their weakness of character and depravity of mind 😑

Stop it.
What kind of people? What does that mean? Trying to be cool? Begging your pardon sir! If you are in the states, I caution you about the out loud use of phrases like “ you people” or “those people”. Just because one is a character does not indicate the presence or lack of character. As far as depravity, I’m guilty as charged. YOGA PANTS!

Yeah, but you guys talk funny in New England 😂

Slight tangent, but I get a kick out of Brits poking fun at American accents and speech. Washington State is just about the same size as the island of Great Britain. Like, given the diverse accents and dialects just in that little, baby island, you’d think they’d have some idea of the scope of diversity in the USA. Right? 😊
No cap mang. Brit slang hits different, they ain’t got no rizz, feel me?

I’m looking forward to getting some R&R in Arizona this weekend. The weather here in Seattle is gorgeous…. 75F and sunny today. I think my folks have their pool “cooled to 93F”. LOL. Why they want to live in a desert is beyond me. :)

I’m looking forward to getting some R&R in Arizona this weekend. The weather here in Seattle is gorgeous…. 75F and sunny today. I think my folks have their pool “cooled to 93F”. LOL. Why they want to live in a desert is beyond me. :)
I like to visit deserts in the early spring, I would never want to live in one. The Saguaro cactus forests in Arizona are incredibly beautiful and full of hidden wildlife. The areas that have a dry wash typically harbor some deep moisture and thus, more animals to see.

Latest Discussions

Back