Last Poster #7

I'm assuming they're referring to a banana hammock. They're pretty darn scary.

I got the oil pressure level sensor fixed. It was a bad pin where things connect to the fuse box. But it's been snowing off and on since Thursday night. There's absolutely zero chance that I'm going to test drive it before things melt off, but it runs fine in the garage.
Tiger sharks. Sneaky sneaky.

I'm assuming they're referring to a banana hammock. They're pretty darn scary.

I got the oil pressure level sensor fixed. It was a bad pin where things connect to the fuse box. But it's been snowing off and on since Thursday night. There's absolutely zero chance that I'm going to test drive it before things melt off, but it runs fine in the garage.
lol. I’m not scared I can rock a banana hammock but it will not be gray.

Tiger sharks. Sneaky sneaky.
Nothing to be scared of there either, really. Data collected over a 57 year period showed a massive 62 divers bitten by sharks. Not killed, that's any bite at all. Sixty-Two. That's miniscule. Most of those were doing things like spear fishing. Which might be considered provoking the sharks... Or muck diving, where visibility is pretty much nill and the animal bites reflexively on contact. I've dove with nurse, sand tiger, bull, black tip, white tip, tiger, Caribbean Reef. and hammerheads and never been the least bit threatened.
You know what animal is dangerous? Mosquitos. Those buggers kill millions. Damn near killed me once.

Here's an old video of a Caribbean Reef Shark and a Nurse shark coming to visit. The Nurse even kissed my camera.

Here's one from Nassau. There are nurse, reef, and at least one bull shark in this one. And we're feeding them.

Somewhere I have another one shot off Playa del Carmen. The bull sharks go there to give birth. We were feeding 10-12 pregnant bull sharks.
lol. I’m not scared I can rock a banana hammock but it will not be gray.
Further proof that just because you can doesn't mean you should...

With original 427 Cobras selling for $650,000-$1,500,000 it was almost certainly a replicar. Nobody drives the originals, which is a shame. Given the quality of some of the replicars, I would absolutely take one.
Not surprised, and it probably was a replica.

30 years ago I worked with a doctor who had an original, that he drove, in good weather. No idea where he is or where the car is these days, but it was an amazing car
Nah I mean tiger sharks.
Hawaii has tiger sharks… lots of them, and a few other species too

Nothing to be scared of there either, really. Data collected over a 57 year period showed a massive 62 divers bitten by sharks. Not killed, that's any bite at all. Sixty-Two. That's miniscule. Most of those were doing things like spear fishing. Which might be considered provoking the sharks... Or muck diving, where visibility is pretty much nill and the animal bites reflexively on contact. I've dove with nurse, sand tiger, bull, black tip, white tip, tiger, Caribbean Reef. and hammerheads and never been the least bit threatened.
You know what animal is dangerous? Mosquitos. Those buggers kill millions. Damn near killed me once.

Here's an old video of a Caribbean Reef Shark and a Nurse shark coming to visit. The Nurse even kissed my camera.

Here's one from Nassau. There are nurse, reef, and at least one bull shark in this one. And we're feeding them.

Somewhere I have another one shot off Playa del Carmen. The bull sharks go there to give birth. We were feeding 10-12 pregnant bull sharks.

But 100% of the people who don’t swim with sharks were not attack/bitten or killed by a shark

30 years ago I worked with a doctor who had an original, that he drove, in good weather. No idea where he is or where the car is these days, but it was an amazing car

Yep I’ve seen two up close near Kailua.

Not scared exactly but I’m not a fan of fish that sneak around or follow me. Great barracuda and grey reef sharks are not my favorite swim partners.

Cookie cutter sharks are real scary.

Look at the hole they leave.
I've seen it, nasty bite
110701-Shark1Photo-hmed-1245p.jpg

But as far as shark bites go off Hawaii; Tiger, Sandbar, Gray reef, Hammerhead, Galapagos, Blacktip... it tends to be much less fatal or disfiguring

But 100% of the people who don’t swim with sharks were not attack/bitten or killed by a shark
True, but millions of them are bitten and over 700,000 will DIE every year from mosquito attacks. There are no mosquitos under water.

True, but millions of them are bitten and over 700,000 will DIE every year from mosquito attacks. There are no mosquitos under water.
a large statistical number means little without something behind it backing it up for anything other than shock value

The majority of those deaths are in Africa with the majority of those being from Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the United Republic of Tanzania, and Niger. Don't go there and the likelihood of dyeing from a mosquito bite fall considerably.... same as if you don't go in the ocean, or water, none of these will happen either

50,000 deaths annually worldwide from poisonous ocean critters
estimated 320,000 annual drowning deaths worldwide.
Average 72 shark attacks per year, although there were 80 attacks in 2023
Estimated 1,000 people are killed by crocodilians
And that is not including death by other fish and mysterious disappearances

Now comparing non-lethal Mosquito attacks to Shark attacks, there are definitely more mosquito attacks, but generally there is a much smaller chance of disfigurement or scaring from a mosquito

a large statistical number means little without something behind it backing it up for anything other than shock value

The majority of those deaths are in Africa with the majority of those being from Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the United Republic of Tanzania, and Niger. Don't go there and the likelihood of dyeing from a mosquito bite fall considerably.... same as if you don't go in the ocean, or water, none of these will happen either

50,000 deaths annually worldwide from poisonous ocean critters
estimated 320,000 annual drowning deaths worldwide.
Average 72 shark attacks per year, although there were 80 attacks in 2023
Estimated 1,000 people are killed by crocodilians
And that is not including death by other fish and mysterious disappearances

Now comparing non-lethal Mosquito attacks to Shark attacks, there are definitely more mosquito attacks, but generally there is a much smaller chance of disfigurement or scaring from a mosquito
But chicks dig scars, especially ones from shark bite.

Well that was a new one. Quote me and then add a whole lot to the quote to make it look like I wrote it, when I most certainly did not…. It has been reported to the mods

Note: it has been deleted, and thank you to the mods

Last edited:
Back