Last Poster #7

Like actually having a) a lighter or b) a tapered candle to feed the chickens on a frosty morn?
we had some precipitation last night, paired with sub-freezing temps. I was glad to have come across an old tapered candle while cleaning, because lord knows I don't know where the lighters are.
the latch on the chicken run was ever so slightly stuck/frozen.

and I think it's a total flub building a heater with the candle and flower pots.

I wouldn’t go into the water in Hawaii for love nor money. The Pacific isn’t passive, not by a long shot. Scary water filled with scary things.
My thalassophobia has well and truly been triggered. I moved to the coast and developed it subsequently!

and I think it's a total flub building a heater with the candle and flower pots.
Of course it is. There is no way a flower pot can increase how much thermal energy is produced by a candle.

Long day
Up at 6:30am, left house at 8:30am, took youngest back to college, drove back, got back at 8:00pm. Then had to get out the snowblower and clear the driveway, we got about 4 inches of snow. It was 10:00pm by the time I finished

I’m tired, goodnight MT

My thalassophobia has well and truly been triggered. I moved to the coast and developed it subsequently!
That’s a really cool word, I never heard that before. Yeah, I have that in spades.

That’s a really cool word, I never heard that before. Yeah, I have that in spades.
I also have a tinge of submechanophobia…big things really. Going for a wee is terrifying for me 😐

It sounds like your thalassophobia is quite rational, but around the U.K. coasts it’s irrational for now. On consulting experts, it seems exposure therapy is my task for the summer: getting out there on the sea and dealing with the increased heart rate and controlling my breathing. Learning to swim might help too 😳

Like actually having a) a lighter or b) a tapered candle to feed the chickens on a frosty morn?
we had some precipitation last night, paired with sub-freezing temps. I was glad to have come across an old tapered candle while cleaning, because lord knows I don't know where the lighters are.
the latch on the chicken run was ever so slightly stuck/frozen.
Do you have any heat lamps?

I also have a tinge of submechanophobia…big things really. Going for a wee is terrifying for me 😐

It sounds like your thalassophobia is quite rational, but around the U.K. coasts it’s irrational for now. On consulting experts, it seems exposure therapy is my task for the summer: getting out there on the sea and dealing with the increased heart rate and controlling my breathing. Learning to swim might help too 😳
Try swimming lessons, try going in the shallow end with a mask, that way you can see and explore the sounds and sensations of being underwater. I have a healthy respect for the ocean and rivers but, scuba and snorkeling can be incredibly relaxing under good conditions. I always feel most comfortable in kelp forest diving.

I don't have a problem with deep water as much as I have a problem with what's in it, I have a real hard time with standing on the shore, master of all I survey.... to stepping in the water and becoming a potential part of the food chain...on the lower side of the chain.

I don't have a problem with deep water as much as I have a problem with what's in it, I have a real hard time with standing on the shore, master of all I survey.... to stepping in the water and becoming a potential part of the food chain...on the lower side of the chain.
Bah! You aren’t as tasty as you imagine.

It’s actually a learned phobia. I was fearless as a young man, body surfing big summer waves on North Shores of these islands when we visited as young crazy people.

Over the years, with too many near drownings and one “almost swept out to sea”
that was only saved by a rare rogue wave, I decided to rethink my path for entertaining things to do.

Best decision I ever made.

I am a terrier by nature, a creature of the land and mountains.

Try swimming lessons,
They are so expensive! I have a friend who’s offered to teach me so I might take her up on that offer.
try going in the shallow end with a mask, that way you can see and explore the sounds and sensations of being underwater.
I have no problems with swimming pools, but the open sea 😳😩
I have a healthy respect for the ocean and rivers but, scuba and snorkeling can be incredibly relaxing under good conditions. I always feel most comfortable in kelp forest diving.
Kelp forest? The Meg could be hiding in there!

I will get to grips with this as soon as the weather warms up!

Of course it is. There is no way a flower pot can increase how much thermal energy is produced by a candle.
well, the pot warms up
that is a plus.
I also realized that the very deep smelly candle jar does not burn well with the pots above it.
Interesting.

Back