Last Poster #7

Aus...

tennis...

season...

is.........

HEEEEEERE!!!

Exciting, am heading up Friday and Monday to watch 👍🏻

Well, spent last week in Southern California...had a good time...... now I'm back in the Northeast.... and you may think I crazy for saying this, but my thought is....Southern California is a nice place to visit, but I would not want to liver there

Well, spent last week in Southern California...had a good time...... now I'm back in the Northeast.... and you may think I crazy for saying this, but my thought is....Southern California is a nice place to visit, but I would not want to liver there
Not even a nice place to visit to me. Been there twice for work, hope I Never go back.

Not even a nice place to visit to me. Been there twice for work, hope I Never go back.

I am generally not a fan if California, LA North I have little use for. In the south, I am referring to only 2 places I liked, Santa Monica and Newport Beach I like best. The rest I can take it or leave it. Which is better than the north I can happiky leave. Absolutely do not like San Francisco. Muir woods was great, but not great enough to get me to go back

I am generally not a fan if California, LA North I have little use for. In the south, I am referring to only 2 places I liked, Santa Monica and Newport Beach I like best. The rest I can take it or leave it. Which is better than the north I can happiky leave. Absolutely do not like San Francisco. Muir woods was great, but not great enough to get me to go back
Well it never snows.

I'm bummed. Mrs. Dog loves her Jeep. As in, refuses to ever trade it. Ever.

About a week ago, she said the heater was only blowing warm, never hot. I check it over, and the coolant was low. I couldn't find a leak, though, and it's only been about 6 months since I replaced the radiator, thermostat, and all the hoses. I figured there might be a tiny leak, so I topped it off and everything seemed fine.

Until it stopped blowing hot again. Back under the hood I go. This time, the radiator is down a fair bit, but the overflow tank is brimmed. So a quick test of the fluids for combustion gases, and... yup. They're present. So she's got a blown head gasket.

She has 199,5xx on her Jeep. We were looking forward to the magic 200,000 rollover. But I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I don't think it's worth replacing the head gaskets on an engine with that many miles. So a new engine is on the way. Which means I've got about a week to get the Vette finished up and out of the garage.

Her Jeep (Jeepers) the day she bought it.
IMG_1039.JPG

Jeepers now.
IMG_5086.JPG

I do think Santa Monica is beautiful.

I’ve spent way too much time training in L.A. over the years. Other than the dojo and Fatburgers, I really didn’t care for that city.

I’ve spent way too much time training in L.A. over the years. Other than the dojo and Fatburgers, I really didn’t care for that city.
I don't like LA, but I dislike San Francisco more. Trying to convince Mrs Xue that if we go back to Southern California we should fly in to John Wayne Airport and avoid LA (LAX) all together

Well, whaddaya know..... it appears the Gastritis has gotten to a point where I can drink coffee again...but still can't drink tea. I was really into coffee 30 years ago, looks like I'm back to coffee....for now
I’ve heard that cold brew coffee is better for that. I can attest that it is less acidic. Glad you’re feeling better.

I’ve heard that cold brew coffee is better for that. I can attest that it is less acidic. Glad you’re feeling better.
This is correct. In short, it is just 'weaker' coffee because there is no 'brew' and a longer steep time. I have seen where the acidity level is as much as 60% to 70% lower.

Another joke to share.

A: What was that noise in your bedroom last night?
B: My wife threw some clothes on the ground.
A: The clothes won't make that much noise.
B: I was in the clothes.

As a long time traditional taijiquan guy.....I'm not going to say the school name or location... but this statement made me laugh out loud when I read what they are teaching and calling "Advanced Yang Tai Chi"

"modified Yang T’ai Chi form, from Villari’s Self Defense studios"

and thank you to them, I really needed the laugh today

Been awhile, but we have an honest to goodness blizzard happening right now, looks a lot like this. Supposed to go on until 4:00. I got caught in something like this years ago (over 30) while snowshoeing... I being me, and a bit off in my demented noggin, rather enjoyed it

gWEEBQ.gif

As a long time traditional taijiquan guy.....I'm not going to say the school name or location... but this statement made me laugh out loud when I read what they are teaching and calling "Advanced Yang Tai Chi"

"modified Yang T’ai Chi form, from Villari’s Self Defense studios"

and thank you to them, I really needed the laugh today
😊

Back