Last Poster #7

Well I haven't stopped in here for a bit. Last week tested positive for covid and strep..boy was that a fun week. I'm finally starting to feel better. In like 2 days I'll get re tested and see if I can go back to training or if I have to wait more.

Well I haven't stopped in here for a bit. Last week tested positive for covid and strep..boy was that a fun week. I'm finally starting to feel better. In like 2 days I'll get re tested and see if I can go back to training or if I have to wait more.
oh wow.
Get better.

Hope you have a full recovery soon

DANG!! I have a lot of work to do outside.

The last ice storm the end of last winter took out my arborvitae hedge....18 trees, 20 feet tall, snapped huge sections out and they were never going to recover. So they all got removed

I replaced them with much smaller trees, about 1.5 to 2 feet tall) and now I need to protect these little things for winter. fencing and burlap are needed

might as well burlap the other bushes while I'm at it...

If we have winters like we have been having it should be ok, but if we go back to a traditional winter for this area with the snowstorm of the week dropping a foot or more of snow, with temps between 30F and -20F well then I have to protect these things

Another round of 'Hi ICU nurse, how is it going?'
Tired of it.
At least they are stellar!
Sorry to hear this. We've gotten to know the nurses in the oncology ward pretty well, and they too are pretty stellar. My daughter is finishing up round five of chemo today. Round 6 (the last one) starts in early November, and should be about 6 days long. After that, we just wait to see if she's officially in remission.

On the plus side, she's been continuing her research for school, and just submitted an application for a fellowship that could fully fund the rest of her PhD studies. She's a long shot because, due to the whole cancer thing, she doesn't have as much preliminary data as she would have liked, but she'll at least get feedback. Fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear this. We've gotten to know the nurses in the oncology ward pretty well, and they too are pretty stellar. My daughter is finishing up round five of chemo today. Round 6 (the last one) starts in early November, and should be about 6 days long. After that, we just wait to see if she's officially in remission.

On the plus side, she's been continuing her research for school, and just submitted an application for a fellowship that could fully fund the rest of her PhD studies. She's a long shot because, due to the whole cancer thing, she doesn't have as much preliminary data as she would have liked, but she'll at least get feedback. Fingers crossed.
I got a wee bit of a chewing out (not really) but a strong reminder that I need to take the lead in his care and leave him less room to wiggle out of his responsibilities.
But man, this is tiring.
Best wishes to your daughter. Good staff there is so important!
and fingers crossed for her fellowship!

Hoping the therapy is all successful mate, and fingers crossed for the fellowship! Good to hear from you :)

Noticed that suddenly my editing/formatting buttons aren't working anymore. Can't even hold text.

Anybody else?

what is the current value of a driven mile. for tax and billing purposes?
I keep thining $1 a mile, but that was so 20 years ago.
Also, is Satelite Radio still a thing?

@granfire, I don't know the mileage, but satellite radio is very much still a thing. I don't personally use it (I stream on Amazon Music) but it has been activated for a trial period in every car I've bought in recent years, and plenty of people apparently use it.

Noticed that suddenly my editing/formatting buttons aren't working anymore. Can't even hold text.

Anybody else?
Need some details like what browser you're using; I'm not seeing a problem. Have you tried clearing your cache?

Need some details like what browser you're using; I'm not seeing a problem. Have you tried clearing your cache?

Chrome. If you're not seeing an issue maybe I changed somehow. Oh well I'll figure it out, thanks.

Chrome. If you're not seeing an issue maybe I changed somehow. Oh well I'll figure it out, thanks.
I use Chrome. I checked using all 5 computers in the house, 3 running various Linux, 1 on Windows 11 and 1 on Windows 10 and no problems.

Hmm, that worked.

It was weird, all my editing buttons were there, like Bold etc, but just greyed out except for the burgers.

Google, feh.

Hmm, that worked.

It was weird, all my editing buttons were there, like Bold etc, but just greyed out except for the burgers.

Google, feh.
Sometimes, the cache just gets "stuck" on stuff like that, and it happens in all the browsers.

Back