Last Poster #7

I'm not sure I will make it to 2027 to retire...this corp stuff is driving me nuts. The hierarchy they have set up to get stuff fixed is ridiculous

Users have issues, can't access network
Call helpdesk
Helpdesk creates ticket
Waits for their supervisor to look at ticket (supervisor is over 150 miles away)
Supervisor eventually looks at ticket and decides whether or not to escalate it
Gets escalated and it is sent to someone else who shoild be able to fix it

Meanwhile users are locked out, and in one case they were all locked out for 2 hours.... I was late that day and found out when I got to teh office

Me...I hear abot the problem, I either fix it, or send it directly to teh person I know who can fix it
In that 2 hours thing I sent directly to the person who could fix it, who had still not been made aware of it and it was literally all fixed in 15 minutes. Oh ant their supervisor had not responded to them yet....mostly because they were on vacation....

bang-head.gif

And I just got an email asking me if I am interested in a position in another office..... it is simply to set u pan interview..... you know...I think I will tell them I am and see where it goes......I can't take much more of this corporate silliness masquerading as efficiency

I'm not sure I will make it to 2027 to retire...this corp stuff is driving me nuts. The hierarchy they have set up to get stuff fixed is ridiculous

Users have issues, can't access network
Call helpdesk
Helpdesk creates ticket
Waits for their supervisor to look at ticket (supervisor is over 150 miles away)
Supervisor eventually looks at ticket and decides whether or not to escalate it
Gets escalated and it is sent to someone else who shoild be able to fix it

Meanwhile users are locked out, and in one case they were all locked out for 2 hours.... I was late that day and found out when I got to teh office

Me...I hear abot the problem, I either fix it, or send it directly to teh person I know who can fix it
In that 2 hours thing I sent directly to the person who could fix it, who had still not been made aware of it and it was literally all fixed in 15 minutes. Oh ant their supervisor had not responded to them yet....mostly because they were on vacation....

bang-head.gif

And I just got an email asking me if I am interested in a position in another office..... it is simply to set u pan interview..... you know...I think I will tell them I am and see where it goes......I can't take much more of this corporate silliness masquerading as efficiency
it makes for good stories though.

Wow I just did some horse stance training. 3 sets of 1 minute. That's nothing major some of you can probably do 5 minutes or more but... I feel the burn. This exercise gets over looked alot because it's a mental challenge, not many people are interested in doing horse stance for 5 minutes or more. I don't blame them but it's a great exercise.

Wow I just did some horse stance training. 3 sets of 1 minute. That's nothing major some of you can probably do 5 minutes or more but... I feel the burn. This exercise gets over looked alot because it's a mental challenge, not many people are interested in doing horse stance for 5 minutes or more. I don't blame them but it's a great exercise.
Xingyiquan and Yiquan are big on stance training for various stances

If you are in IT for any length of time this has happened to you.

User gets your name, you may have even helped them with something once...so then they start emailing you with every single IT issue they have..... even though you continually tell them...that is not my responsibility, and then tell them who they need to contact...they just keep on contacting you....

At this point, I will be surprised if the user gets anything they are requesting...since I cannot do a dang thing for them...and have told them so...in 3 emails now....

If you are in IT for any length of time this has happened to you.

User gets your name, you may have even helped them with something once...so then they start emailing you with every single IT issue they have..... even though you continually tell them...that is not my responsibility, and then tell them who they need to contact...they just keep on contacting you....

At this point, I will be surprised if the user gets anything they are requesting...since I cannot do a dang thing for them...and have told them so...in 3 emails now....
Not only has this happened to me, it's happened twice this week.

Had a fun one though. User emailed me directly because he was locked out of our ticketing system..had tried resetting it on his own, and not getting the password reset. Very standard stuff, and I don't blame him for reaching out instead of submitting a ticket, because he actively couldn't.

I made it a point not to ask why he needed to access our ticketing system, since my supervisor is very insistent on stopping people emailing instead of submitting tickets. But I looked for a couple days so I can pick up whatever he submits, and he never submitted one.

Now yesterday, he emails me again, instead of creating a ticket, to gain access to our sharefile system, that is only used for IT to share files with our clients. He's clearly working with someone outside of the ticketing system, but choosing to email me to facilitate that support. I gave him access, and made sure not to ask for clarification.

Not only has this happened to me, it's happened twice this week.

Had a fun one though. User emailed me directly because he was locked out of our ticketing system..had tried resetting it on his own, and not getting the password reset. Very standard stuff, and I don't blame him for reaching out instead of submitting a ticket, because he actively couldn't.

I made it a point not to ask why he needed to access our ticketing system, since my supervisor is very insistent on stopping people emailing instead of submitting tickets. But I looked for a couple days so I can pick up whatever he submits, and he never submitted one.

Now yesterday, he emails me again, instead of creating a ticket, to gain access to our sharefile system, that is only used for IT to share files with our clients. He's clearly working with someone outside of the ticketing system, but choosing to email me to facilitate that support. I gave him access, and made sure not to ask for clarification.
I don't mind folks contacting me directly and I abhor our ticketing system, see post #7381. But telling them who to contact and they keep contacting me.... well.... hopefully when they do not get what they are asking for...the figure it out.

Note: best part about the corporate ticketing system...is I do not need to pay attention to it...I'm a Government employee. But sadly the new helpdesk staff, they hired, has to pay attentin to it, I am guessing this is why they ocassionally tell me what is going on so I can just contact folks that can fix these issues directly

And now another one/ Over 2 weeks ago there was a big issue of a phone forwarding to the wrong person. A ticket was made, al sorts of people were called, no one knew what to do until one person said to ask me... I tol them what to do....simply go to the phone that was being forwarded...and change the number is was forwarding too... well, here we are 2 weeks later...and I see there is still a ticket and they still do not know what to do...and they are contacting the wrong people..... you know what....I think I'm going to eat an apple..... they are on their own

Well got the resaults back from the Endoscopy I had abot a month ago..... where the doctor said, based on one picture that could be acid reflux, or cancer 😱.

I knew I had acid reflux issues but never thought of the C word.

Well the results say no cancer, yes acid reflux, and that my stomach issues are Gastritis. Time to change the diet

Well got the resaults back from the Endoscopy I had abot a month ago..... where the doctor said, based on one picture that could be acid reflux, or cancer 😱.

Well the results say no cancer, yes acid reflux, and that my stomach issues are Gastritis. Time to change the diet
Wow man, that's some serious stuff! I'm hoping you get well soon and feel better bro. Sending positive vibes your way.

I am blessed. My sister is tailoring my new tkd uniform(dobok) and I'm very grateful for having her and my brother in my life. My brother,dad, and sister are my number 1 supporters in all that I do in life. My dad supports me and drives me to all my tkd classes. I am very grateful for my family.

Ah geez.. yeah reflux/gastritis is not pleasant, still an ongoing challenge for me too. Great that it ain't cancer for sure. Hoping you find healing and resolution brother

I am blessed. My sister is tailoring my new tkd uniform(dobok) and I'm very grateful for having her and my brother in my life. My brother,dad, and sister are my number 1 supporters in all that I do in life. My dad supports me and drives me to all my tkd classes. I am very grateful for my family.
That's really really nice to hear :)

When I was in college, I made A in my English poem class with the following poem.

"Crow weep in the dark. Tide bellow in the north wind. How lonesome the world."

I always like poem. Today, I start to memorize this poem - Saying Good-by to Cambridge.

"...

Very quietly I take my leave. As quietly as I came here;
Gently I flick my sleeves. Not even a wisp of cloud will I bring away."

Wow man, that's some serious stuff! I'm hoping you get well soon and feel better bro. Sending positive vibes your way.
Ah geez.. yeah reflux/gastritis is not pleasant, still an ongoing challenge for me too. Great that it ain't cancer for sure. Hoping you find healing and resolution brother

Thanks

Feeling better just by knowing what it is and what it isn't. And Mrs Xue has given orders as to what I can and cannot drink or eat. Have been dealing wiat Acid reflux for a few years, the gastritis diagnosis is new, but I'll deal with it. Been being hit by some sever symptoms of this for at least 3 years. Hopefully I don't go through those again

I feel like a sort of expert on reflux, because I cause it all the time (a chef's curse).

The natural sequence is long term reflux leads to Barrett's Esophagus (raw, eroded spots), which can lead to esophageal cancer untreated.

So once you get diagnosed, you probably have to watch and control your stomach acidic levels in general, mostly through medication. Omeprazole and similar. These meds aren't meant to be taken for more than a few weeks but for people with serious reflux, it's not a choice. But these are over the counter meds, $$ but easy to pick up.

It's doubtful you can fully solve the issue with just diet changes, but knowing "triggers" and avoiding or dealing with them is key. For example one of the worst is tomato sauce. If you're gonna have Italian, pop an Omeprazole the morning before. It takes a couple days to work but it nips almost any food-related GERD.

Soda, alcohol, greasy food, spicy stuff, all common triggers for people.

Reactively, you have various options. People diss on Tums but as long as you don't overdo them, they work. Or a spoonful of baking soda in a full glass of water. Drink, burp, Instant karma.

Just don't overdo it. Tums have a limit of like 4-6 per day, but if you are doing that daily, you probably want to take a daily med instead. Talk to your GI first obviously. You don't want to take those OTC meds regularly unless you are at the "do I want cancer or just an overmedicated kidney" stage.

Some foods that always help: anything relatively neutral or alkaline in pH.

My personal go to for GERD: Keep a nice stock of celery sticks. Most veggies are alkaline, but celery is full of water and won't make you gassy or bloated (which is why it's often served with buffalo wings).

Milk, lactose free or not, is a fast acting remedy for most people because of how it coats the stomach lining (also why it's often served as an antidote for ultra spicy foods like Carolina Reaper sauce).

Also, make sure you sleep with your head elevated with pillows or an adjustable frame. The worst damage from reflux comes during overnight sleep while you are lying down.

Last edited:
I feel like a sort of expert on reflux, because I cause it all the time (a chef's curse).

The natural sequence is long term reflux leads to Barrett's Esophagus (raw, eroded spots), which can lead to esophageal cancer untreated.

So once you get diagnosed, you probably have to watch and control your stomach acidic levels in general, mostly through medication. Omeprazole and similar. These meds aren't meant to be taken for more than a few weeks but for people with serious reflux, it's not a choice. But these are over the counter meds, $$ but easy to pick up.

It's doubtful you can fully solve the issue with just diet changes, but knowing "triggers" and avoiding or dealing with them is key. For example one of the worst is tomato sauce. If you're gonna have Italian, pop an Omeprazole the morning before. It takes a couple days to work but it nips almost any food-related GERD.

Soda, alcohol, greasy food

Reactively, you have various options. People diss on Tums but as long as you don't overdo them, they work. Or a spoonful of baking soda in a full glass of water. Drink, burp, Instant karma.

Just don't overdo it. Tums have a limit of like 4-6 per day, but if you are doing that daily, you probably want to take a daily med instead. Talk to your GI first obviously. You don't want to take those regularly unless you are at the "do I want cancer or just an overmedicated kidney" stage.

Some foods that always help: anything relatively neutral or alkaline in pH.

My personal go to for GERD: Keep a nice stock of celery sticks. Most veggies are alkaline, but celery is full of water and won't make you gassy or bloated (which is why it's often served with buffalo wings).

Also, make sure you sleep with your head elevated with pillows or an adjustable frame. The worst damage from reflux comes during overnight sleep while you are lying down.
Thank You, I looked into GERD diets when I was first diagnosed with Acid Reflux, and as long as I follow it, I'm good. Problem is holidays... Thanksgiving and Christmas and all the foods I probably should not eat. But it makes sense that the worst Gastritus symptoms appear not to long after the holidays.

As for Omeprazole, been on it, but they changed it yesterday to something else I need to go pick up today. The Omeprazole actually causes me stomach upset, nothing compared to what the Gastritis can do, Omeprazole just gives me an all day long discomfort.

Thank You, I looked into GERD diets when I was first diagnosed with Acid Reflux, and as long as I follow it, I'm good. Problem is holidays... Thanksgiving and Christmas and all the foods I probably should not eat. But it makes sense that the worst Gastritus symptoms appear not to long after the holidays.

As for Omeprazole, been on it, but they changed it yesterday to something else I need to go pick up today. The Omeprazole actually causes me stomach upset, nothing compared to what the Gastritis can do, Omeprazole just gives me an all day long discomfort.
I oersonally take Esomeprazole (nexium OTC) when I need it. My roommate takes Omeprazole (ie Prilosec). Pepcid is another common one. I don't know how any of them work but nexium is the most effective for me.

Most people with reflux get it now and then usually because they overdid eating. Occasionally you get someone with chronic reflux (gerd) and that is usually a disorder (like a herniated stomach or busted esophageal sphincter).

I've noticed that both nexium and Prilosec will give you an empty/ hungry feeling which is annoying but bearable.

Last I read, Zantac was still embroiled in FDA and cancer related lawsuits...

Anyways, sorry I've just had this conversation with a thousand people who came to me and said "your cooking is the bomb but man I needed alka-seltzer"..

Back