Last Poster #7

I have had a net nanny system installed in the kids computers, phones and iPads for years..... I no longer need it....trying to cancel the account it gets interesting.....

Everything in the account is in English and has been for years...... the web page, my login page, the alerts, the setup and the emails...everything since the day I purchased it..... but.... now that I want to cancel it...every page, every popup and all explanations...are in Spanish... and only the first page allows me to translate into english..... everything after that, all popups...are in Spanish and I can't seem to translate them.... I will have to do this later when I have time.....

An eventful weekend but found some time to play both BG3 and Starfield.

My early impression of Starfield is that it is perfectly cromulent. The writing is, so far, frankly pretty flat... the tutorial section was so rote it actually makes me worry about the rest of the game. On a scale from Fallout3 and New Vegas at the top to Fallout 4 at the bottom, Starfield feels... honestly, closer to Fallout 4 so far. That said, the game mechanics are enjoyable and there's a lot to do, so I expect that I'll circle back to it at some point and enjoy myself.

But, probably not for a while, because BG3 is great. The only thing that feels super awkward and cringy is the romance stuff. Though as my son pointed out, that's about par for the course. There's always that guy at the table who wants to hit on NPCs, and that's cringy, too. I mean, I'm not even through Act 1 yet, and pretty much all of the NPCs are hitting on my character. I'm hoping that they have written in ways to pursue the NPC storylines that are not romantic.

But outside of that teenager fever dream stuff, the story is interesting (so far). The writing is solid. The voice acting in the game is (with a few exceptions) top notch. And the game is a lot of fun to play. It feels very D&D to me, and that's a good thing. Familiarity with D&D rules seems to help quite a bit, and I have found that the same strategies that work for the TTRPG also work in BG3, which is great for me.

Hope everyone's doing well.

Two words: corn ribs.

Cut a corn on the cob in half and then each half in quarters (8 pieces total).

Smother in virgin (not extra virgin!) olive oil, with a light coating of salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, and smoked paprika.

400-450 on the grill or oven, 10 minutes on the corn side then 10 on the cob side.

According to like 50 people, the best thing I've ever made. I'm just a cook but forget bacon (if you can), this is heart healthy, delicious, and cleans out your entire colon in 1-2 days. Check the toilet for proof.

1693975789635.png

Although part of me will miss my family when travelling back up to my accommodation at university, I have to say I am quite excited. I am ordering a 2k 144hz PC monitor, and just before I left I upgraded my computer to an extent where I can easily run the most intensive games at the best graphics. I say this, but I will probably just be using all these specs for modding Skyrim and playing Cyberpunk 2077 again …

Endoscopy done, nothing obvious found, some biopsies taken, waiting for results.

But I do know why they don't want you to drive for 24 hours after the procedure.... after that anesthesia, I am still having a problem with walking in a straight line

An eventful weekend but found some time to play both BG3 and Starfield.

My early impression of Starfield is that it is perfectly cromulent. The writing is, so far, frankly pretty flat... the tutorial section was so rote it actually makes me worry about the rest of the game. On a scale from Fallout3 and New Vegas at the top to Fallout 4 at the bottom, Starfield feels... honestly, closer to Fallout 4 so far. That said, the game mechanics are enjoyable and there's a lot to do, so I expect that I'll circle back to it at some point and enjoy myself.

But, probably not for a while, because BG3 is great. The only thing that feels super awkward and cringy is the romance stuff. Though as my son pointed out, that's about par for the course. There's always that guy at the table who wants to hit on NPCs, and that's cringy, too. I mean, I'm not even through Act 1 yet, and pretty much all of the NPCs are hitting on my character. I'm hoping that they have written in ways to pursue the NPC storylines that are not romantic.

But outside of that teenager fever dream stuff, the story is interesting (so far). The writing is solid. The voice acting in the game is (with a few exceptions) top notch. And the game is a lot of fun to play. It feels very D&D to me, and that's a good thing. Familiarity with D&D rules seems to help quite a bit, and I have found that the same strategies that work for the TTRPG also work in BG3, which is great for me.

Hope everyone's doing well.
yeah, the BG3 romancy stuff is funny.
I had somebody comment on that a wile back 'I barely interacted with this NPC and he got all huffy when I talked to another guy'
(and the vampire gig..... )
I am sticking with the classics though, Pokemon and WoW....

Hopefully I will be the last poster with this post but I doubt it. I’ve been cross training at a different BJJ gym whilst I’ve been back home from uni with my parents. I am going away soon to university angain and the coach here knows this. I was actually meant to go back Sunday, with Thursday being my last session at that gym. At the end of the session, the coach lined us all up In a strange manner and asked if I was leaving, whilst the whole room was silent. I responded that I would actually be staying for another week, and then he wrapped up the session. I didn’t think too much about the final lineup, but then a lot of the more experienced people at the gym came to speak to me saying he was about to promote me, because he only ever lines them up like that for promotions...

However, I am certain the coach knows that I am simply cross-training there, and that my main coach is at my gym in the university. So why would he try to promote me? However, I don’t want to reject his promotion in front of everyone if he actually tries to do it as I don’t want to be rude or make him feel a bit embarrassed, and I also feel like he might find it insulting if I try to give the belt back in private too… How should I approach this?
Perhaps he wants to promote you simply to acknowledge your hard work and the level he feels you're at. And even if clearly he knows you're leaving, I would say it's nice to accept the promotion, regardless of whether you're staying you know? But that's me. I would see it as an honour, that even though it's not your main gym, he wants to acknowledge you :). But of course up to you!

Hopefully I will be the last poster with this post but I doubt it. I’ve been cross training at a different BJJ gym whilst I’ve been back home from uni with my parents. I am going away soon to university angain and the coach here knows this. I was actually meant to go back Sunday, with Thursday being my last session at that gym. At the end of the session, the coach lined us all up In a strange manner and asked if I was leaving, whilst the whole room was silent. I responded that I would actually be staying for another week, and then he wrapped up the session. I didn’t think too much about the final lineup, but then a lot of the more experienced people at the gym came to speak to me saying he was about to promote me, because he only ever lines them up like that for promotions...

However, I am certain the coach knows that I am simply cross-training there, and that my main coach is at my gym in the university. So why would he try to promote me? However, I don’t want to reject his promotion in front of everyone if he actually tries to do it as I don’t want to be rude or make him feel a bit embarrassed, and I also feel like he might find it insulting if I try to give the belt back in private too… How should I approach this?
Mate, if he thinks you deserve the promotion, accept the belt and say thanks.
It reflects on your hard work and skill.

Sadly I have experienced a very unexpected death in my family, and have to fly to another state to support kin. :'(

So I will be taking a short break from this wonderful site.

Sayonara for now. Stay frosty.

well, good beer can be celler cool and still taste alright.
American 'lagers' need to be just above freezing to not be gross.
You’re probably right. I drink one beer a night. A Rolling Rock over a glass of ice.
My buddy’s used to tease me, but they got used to it.

The cross-training gym is your hometown, correct? I suspect he knows you will be home again at some point and hopes you will be back. That says so much more than I can put into words.

Sadly I have experienced a very unexpected death in my family, and have to fly to another state to support kin. :'(

So I will be taking a short break from this wonderful site.

Sayonara for now. Stay frosty.
I'm so very sorry to hear... hoping you're all okay in this challenging time

Latest Discussions

Back