Last Poster #7

I have just finished a 4,000,000 words book "我在末世有套房 I have a house in the eschatology". In the last chapter, the main guy finally gets married with 7 wives. The bed in their bedroom is 40 feet wide.

The main guy can travel between the current world and the world 200 years in the future. He can bring the 200 years future technology back to the current world.

house_at_end_world.jpg

Last edited:
I have just finished a 4,000,000 words book "我在末世有套房 I have a house in the eschatology". In the last chapter, the main guy finally gets married with 7 wives. The bed in their bedroom is 40 feet wide.

The main guy can travel between the current world and the world 200 years in the future. He can bring the 200 years future technology back to the current world.

View attachment 30036

only a guy who never got any might think it a great idea to share one bed with 7 women (at the same time)

Had a productive day yesterday.
I took care of all my green plant babies, sorting them and potting them into larger containers.

Then (actually earlier) I took 2 trombones to the high school in the next town, after they pleaded for instruments on their FB page.
The Bande Director himself was thrilled to get my two old trombones, tarnish and all. He already has 2 kids needing them.
But now I am TIRED. To the bone.

This ear infection and sinus infection has moved into my throat and I sound like Tom Waits

I watched Mystery Men the other day, a.very underated movie that is even better now than when it came out, because we are in the post Marvel/DC era and so superheroed out.

Waits has a bit part playing a "non lethal weapons designer", and it still cracks me up.
The Blamethrower is my favorite. It's a distraction gun that makes a group of your enemies start arguing with each other while you escape.

What a great movie. William H Macy is unforgettable. "This..is egg salad..."

Well, it's still been probably 15 years since I haven't been randomly stopped for a search at some point each vacation (with planes) I've been on. At least Ireland's search was pretty quick.

Well, it's still been probably 15 years since I haven't been randomly stopped for a search at some point each vacation (with planes) I've been on. At least Ireland's search was pretty quick.
About 15 years ago, leaving Beijing, my wife was running in front of me, got through customs and kept on running. When I got there the customs guy would only speak in Mandarin...fast...I could not understand him, and he refused to, or could not, speak english, and he would not speak mandarin slower, he took my passport, my carry on, and point for me to go sit down, I started yelling for my wife. Who did came back, talked to him...got everything back and got to the flight... but that flight we went from Beijing to Japan, where they did search our luggage both places and then again when we got to the US.

In Beijing my wife had cans with pop tops in her luggage...the customs guy opened everyone of them and sniffed them and handed them back to us....we then threw them all out. no way to seal them and carry in luggage after that

That's the best way to be searched. When you're not riding dirty. You know there is nothing to be found, so you giggle inside.

I was once searched while riding dirty. Passed. It's all about staying calm, and keeping your composure.

Taking my latest COVID test as I wrote this.

Last edited:
That's the best way to be searched. When you're not riding dirty. You know there is nothing to be found, so you giggle inside.

I was once searched while riding dirty. Passed. It's all about staying calm, and keeping your composure.
It's only been an issue once, when they didn't believe that I was me. My passport photo was taken when I was cleanshaven, and when I was finishing my vacation I had a beard. Apparently people can't grow beards or something, so I had to wait in customs for an hour or so while they verified my identity. Only happened because they randomly chose me to do a more strict check.

Outside of that, I don't really care, but I have to factor in extra time for my random checks, since I don't know how long they'll take.

It's only been an issue once, when they didn't believe that I was me. My passport photo was taken when I was cleanshaven, and when I was finishing my vacation I had a beard. Apparently people can't grow beards or something, so I had to wait in customs for an hour or so while they verified my identity. Only happened because they randomly chose me to do a more strict check.

Outside of that, I don't really care, but I have to factor in extra time for my random checks, since I don't know how long they'll take.
The two funniest things I've ever seen search wise.

One was an older uncle of mine who, the year after 9/11 thought it would be funny to reply to the question "are you carrying anything flammable, explosive, or combustible" with "yeah I have a bomb". 2 hours later...

More recently and innocently, a young teenager I saw nabbed because he didn't get the memo about 8oz toiletry containers. He brought a full roll of toothpaste, had it confiscated. Watching him get a full search was priceless.

The ear infection is much better, still dealing with the sinus infection, but I have 6 days of the antibiotic left.

But, per my eye doctor.... at least my corneas seem to be healing nicely from the extreme dry eye issues I had earlier this year

The two funniest things I've ever seen search wise.

One was an older uncle of mine who, the year after 9/11 thought it would be funny to reply to the question "are you carrying anything flammable, explosive, or combustible" with "yeah I have a bomb". 2 hours later...

That is really poor judgement. I mean, even before 9/11, we knew that saying this in an airport is a terrible idea. I'm surprised he was only detained for 2 hours.

More recently and innocently, a young teenager I saw nabbed because he didn't get the memo about 8oz toiletry containers. He brought a full roll of toothpaste, had it confiscated. Watching him get a full search was priceless.
I'm also surprised this resulted in a full search. Or do you mean a search of his bag? I do a lot of travelling for work and have seen this happen more times than I can count. What I've seen is they flag the bag, pull the person aside and go through the bag with them. They find the offending item, and if it's a bottle of liquid, or something innocuous, they just pitch it and let the person go. Happened to me one time, when I forgot I had a water bottle in my backpack. They gave me the option of drinking it there or pitching it. Took an extra 5 minutes, tops, and I was on my way.

The opposite happened to me. I have a very long beard in both my passport and drivers license, but shaved it during the pandemic (wearing a mask with a long beard is goofy). I looked very different.

Another time, my drivers license wouldn't scan. That TSA agent got really serious very quickly when my WDL didn't work. Fortunately, I had my passport and that came up okay.

The opposite happened to me. I have a very long beard in both my passport and drivers license, but shaved it during the pandemic (wearing a mask with a long beard is goofy). I looked very different.

Another time, my drivers license wouldn't scan. That TSA agent got really serious very quickly when my WDL didn't work. Fortunately, I had my passport and that came up okay.
Meanwhile, my wife lost her drivers license on the first of about 6 flights over the course of a week, and at each spot, they were fine with an expired one. The inconsistency baffles me.

That is really poor judgement. I mean, even before 9/11, we knew that saying this in an airport is a terrible idea. I'm surprised he was only detained for 2 hours.
Old people. Go figure, they think they are invincible. This guy is now in his 80s. Tennis player, a real McEnro type.
I'm also surprised this resulted in a full search. Or do you mean a search of his bag? I do a lot of travelling for work and have seen this happen more times than I can count. What I've seen is they flag the bag, pull the person aside and go through the bag with them. They find the offending item, and if it's a bottle of liquid, or something innocuous, they just pitch it and let the person go. Happened to me one time, when I forgot I had a water bottle in my backpack. They gave me the option of drinking it there or pitching it. Took an extra 5 minutes, tops, and I was on my way.
Yeah that's what happened. He wasn't hauled off and strip searched or anything, but his whole carry on was. But the look on his face...

$4 down the drain. It could have been worse, a vape pen or firearm. Some people just don't know how to pack.

Meanwhile, my wife lost her drivers license on the first of about 6 flights over the course of a week, and at each spot, they were fine with an expired one. The inconsistency baffles me.
Worse. We went on a trip to see family. In total, 5 flights. My carryon was the backpack I take to work. I forgot I had a multitool in the bottom of the main section. But that's ok, because nobody at any of the TSA checkpoints noticed it either.
On other trips, they've confiscated Mrs. Dogs eyelash curler and a pair of tweezers.

I watched Mystery Men the other day, a.very underated movie that is even better now than when it came out, because we are in the post Marvel/DC era and so superheroed out.

Waits has a bit part playing a "non lethal weapons designer", and it still cracks me up.
The Blamethrower is my favorite. It's a distraction gun that makes a group of your enemies start arguing with each other while you escape.

What a great movie. William H Macy is unforgettable. "This..is egg salad..."

William H Macy is such a fantastic actor. I think one of the best of our times.
Have you seen 'Door to Door' with him in the lead?

Worse. We went on a trip to see family. In total, 5 flights. My carryon was the backpack I take to work. I forgot I had a multitool in the bottom of the main section. But that's ok, because nobody at any of the TSA checkpoints noticed it either.
On other trips, they've confiscated Mrs. Dogs eyelash curler and a pair of tweezers.
those curlers are deadly!

Latest Discussions

Back