Last Poster #7

I'm so very sorry to hear... hoping you're all okay in this challenging time
Thanks. It's gonna be a challenge. We've had a lot of young death in my family. This dude turned 59 last week. Brain death because it took 15m to get him to the hospital.

Family is everything. There's a young kid without a dad now, barely 17. So now I have to teach him man stuff. This kid is like an adopted son to me. He's got siblings but both live like 1000 miles away. His mom is a wreck, not sure she will even last. They were together 42 years.

It's times like this I'm really grateful I learned kung fu when I was young. It pays off forever.

Happy happy joy joy....now I have an ear infection.....explains the minor balance issues, dizziness standing up, constant dull roar in my ear and muffled hearing...and the swelling I noticed last night...... calling the MD tomorrow morning...

Happy happy joy joy....now I have an ear infection.....explains the minor balance issues, dizziness standing up, constant dull roar in my ear and muffled hearing...and the swelling I noticed last night...... calling the MD tomorrow morning...
oh noes.....
I decided to check with an ENT for my issues.
I might have an inner ear issue, due to allergies and sinusitis...
I hope you get to feeling better.
that ear thing is no fun at all!

oh noes.....
I decided to check with an ENT for my issues.
I might have an inner ear issue, due to allergies and sinusitis...
I hope you get to feeling better.
that ear thing is no fun at all!
I will see my MD this afternoon.... at this point, I think it has also moved into my sinuses

5LnORU8-background-G6q028i.jpg

I always wondered why they didn't rebuild the 2nd tower. I like what they did with 1wt but I always wondered. The new york skyline ain't the same without the twins. Sadly I never got to go inside either one before it happened, but I did get to see them a year before outside on a road trip.

I always wondered why they didn't rebuild the 2nd tower. I like what they did with 1wt but I always wondered. The new york skyline ain't the same without the twins. Sadly I never got to go inside either one before it happened, but I did get to see them a year before outside on a road trip.
the inside was not really all that accessible to visitors.
It's been 40 years so I don't recall (and my dad passed away 2 years ago, so I can't ask him)
I had to swallow 3 times in the elevator to and from the observation deck. But the view was grand.
I hope I still have the souvenirs.
I think the plaza between the towers was marvelous. it lacked some charm, sure, but it was wide open.
I remember watching a gentleman in a 3 piece suit. I think he had lunch or so. Mind you, it was in the middle of summer (but chilly by this year's standards!)
'I get it' my dad said, 'working in the airconditioned office all day, they wear the 3 piece'

We still work in AC offices, now they are wearing purse shorts...

the inside was not really all that accessible to visitors.
It's been 40 years so I don't recall (and my dad passed away 2 years ago, so I can't ask him)
I had to swallow 3 times in the elevator to and from the observation deck. But the view was grand.
I hope I still have the souvenirs.
I think the plaza between the towers was marvelous. it lacked some charm, sure, but it was wide open.
I remember watching a gentleman in a 3 piece suit. I think he had lunch or so. Mind you, it was in the middle of summer (but chilly by this year's standards!)
'I get it' my dad said, 'working in the airconditioned office all day, they wear the 3 piece'

We still work in AC offices, now they are wearing purse shorts...
One of the karate combat events was filmed in the New one world trade center. Pretty cool building.

I was never in them, but I did see them a couple times, and it was really strange when I was in NYC after 9/11 and they were not part of the skyline

Reasons to not rebuild were trauma, hallowed ground and expense.

I hope it doesn't. but hey, I was right, I had an ear infection and a sinus infection.

Basically muffled hearing, sore ear, stuffed up, sore throat, headache, occasionally dizzy and when I walked I was listing to the right.
definitely sounds like inner ear...

I was never in them, but I did see them a couple times, and it was really strange when I was in NYC after 9/11 and they were not part of the skyline

Reasons to not rebuild were trauma, hallowed ground and expense.
I was never in them either.

Almost was, though, on American 11,
That might have sucked.

you were almost on American 11!?
Back then it was the first flight out of Boston to connect with a flight to Hawaii.

I lived here on Maui but a close friend died unexpectedly and his family wanted me to be one of the pallbearers.

I used to run security for the now defunct Maui Writers Conference held every Labor Day weekend. It used to be the largest writers conference in the world. I just got home that Monday night when my buddy’s family called about my buddy’s death. I flew to Boston the next morning.

My return flight was American 11 on September tenth.My wife tried to talk me into changing the flight to the following day so I could get some rest. I refused, I had to get back to work. We had a big fight about it.

On 9/11 my house phone started ringing off the hook at three thirty in the morning. It was my buddy down the street who said
“Turn on the tv, we’re at war.”

My wife and I got up and turned on the tv. Like everyone else, we were horrified. When they eventually said one of the planes was American 11 my wife said to me “I’ll never tell you what to do again”

Of course that only lasted a couple of days, but it was a nice couple of days.

We had started training to deal with plane hijackings in the 70’s, they had happened a lot. There was nothing we didn’t know about airliners. We spent hundreds of hours (literally) with certain makeshift weapons that we all flew with. Still do. Even when I flew armed, I still had the makeshift weapons.

Probably would have died anyway, but I’d bet my life we wouldn’t have hit the building, we would’ve gone into the ocean.

And I’m still seriously pissed at all of Saudi Arabia and nobody’s going to talk me out of that.

Latest Discussions

Back