Last Poster #7

Also @Steve hope you're all doing okay. Here's a coffee vid I did recently I thought you, and maybe others might enjoy. Have never done one like this for coffee, only karate, also did the music which was fun

I really like it. Lots of storytelling in that video. Looks like a good shot. I take the occasional picture of my coffee and share with my friends. They indulge me in my eccentric ways. :)

I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately. I picked up one of the flat burr Niche Duos and have been enjoying making coffee more than two shots at a time. Haha. I like making an actual pot of coffee in the morning.

In other news, my daughter is doing pretty well. She's actually coming home today in a couple of hours after round two of chemo. She'll get a couple of weeks to recover, and then back for another 5 or 6 days. Barring anything unforeseen, she should complete the chemo in early November. It's been up and down, but mostly up. About the most inconvenient thing so far is that her port broke. But so far, she's tolerating the medication well, and her spirits are high. Her lab at school sent her a laptop, and a bunch of work to do that she can do from our house. So, that should help, too.

I really like it. Lots of storytelling in that video. Looks like a good shot. I take the occasional picture of my coffee and share with my friends. They indulge me in my eccentric ways. :)

I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately. I picked up one of the flat burr Niche Duos and have been enjoying making coffee more than two shots at a time. Haha. I like making an actual pot of coffee in the morning.

In other news, my daughter is doing pretty well. She's actually coming home today in a couple of hours after round two of chemo. She'll get a couple of weeks to recover, and then back for another 5 or 6 days. Barring anything unforeseen, she should complete the chemo in early November. It's been up and down, but mostly up. About the most inconvenient thing so far is that her port broke. But so far, she's tolerating the medication well, and her spirits are high. Her lab at school sent her a laptop, and a bunch of work to do that she can do from our house. So, that should help, too.
Ah nice, yeah alot of good reviews on the Duo! Awesome... I'm actually heading up to MICE tomorrow (Melbourne International Coffee Expo), it's been a couple of years since I've been, but I've been to 5 or 6 of them. Always an epic day, full of tasting soooo much incredible coffee. Competitions are great too, as well the very fancy equipment on display haha.

Ahh.. that's really wonderful about your daughter. Very heartwarming to hear, and hoping things continue to be on the up :)

I just really liked the sentiment expressed here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230822_185800_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230822_185800_Chrome.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 15
I'm back everyone! Took a bit longer than I promised but not too much longer. As a token of my appreciation here's a video of a ma TV show I used to watch when I was a kid, this along with the 3 ninjas, American ninja, karate kid and double dragon also I can't forget the power rangers original and mighty morphing, those were some of my earliest inspirations to train. This show is cool and when I was a kid it was the 1st representation of a martial arts tournament I ever saw and a bonus shannon lee is one of the host. I hope you enjoy it.

I'm back everyone! Took a bit longer than I promised but not too much longer. As a token of my appreciation here's a video of a ma TV show I used to watch when I was a kid, this along with the 3 ninjas, American ninja, karate kid and double dragon also I can't forget the power rangers original and mighty morphing, those were some of my earliest inspirations to train. This show is cool and when I was a kid it was the 1st representation of a martial arts tournament I ever saw and a bonus shannon lee is one of the host. I hope you enjoy it.
G'day mate, great to have you back!

Yyyyyep power rangers were the bomb. Geez this show looks really cool!

Hoping you're doing a bit better nowadays :)

Well, since I have been gone I have become an empty nester (have intermittent periods of being a bit depressed, but that's life) and also managed to fall on a concrete floor and not be able to fall properly. The step that tripped me hooked my foot. Bruised my ribs, hit my head, had some strange intermittent bleeding. Got checked by a doctor and surprisingly, I'm ok. However this has put some of my MA plans on hold

I did find, well actually Mrs Xue found, the most amazing place for Dim Sum outside of NYC and Boston. A little Cantonese market in Rochester. Only has Dim Sum on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings. But they make it there and it is as good as anything in Boston or NYC.

I hope I'm not being a pain, but I think there is someone here now that does have little knowledge of things, but not as much as he thinks, or as much as he wants us to believe. But he is not a bad person or bad poster, just a bit naive IMHO
well, being naive is curable....

Well, since I have been gone I have become an empty nester (have intermittent periods of being a bit depressed, but that's life) and also managed to fall on a concrete floor and not be able to fall properly. The step that tripped me hooked my foot. Bruised my ribs, hit my head, had some strange intermittent bleeding. Got checked by a doctor and surprisingly, I'm ok. However this has put some of my MA plans on hold

I did find, well actually Mrs Xue found, the most amazing place for Dim Sum outside of NYC and Boston. A little Cantonese market in Rochester. Only has Dim Sum on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings. But they make it there and it is as good as anything in Boston or NYC.
Ah geez hope you're okay... but great about the Dim Sum!

Ah geez hope you're okay... but great about the Dim Sum!

I'm surprisingly OK so far... Blood work good, ribs only slightly bruised, nothing but a bump on my head and BP was 104 over 60..... However there is a stomach issue I get every year and I have an endoscopy in a few weeks to see what is going on there.... but otherwise....I'm good, so far....other than bouts of depression because the kids are all out of the house and I discovered I can get senior citizen discounts now.....dang I'm old

I'm surprisingly OK so far... Blood work good, ribs only slightly bruised, nothing but a bump on my head and BP was 104 over 60..... However there is a stomach issue I get every year and I have an endoscopy in a few weeks to see what is going on there.... but otherwise....I'm good, so far....other than bouts of depression because the kids are all out of the house and I discovered I can get senior citizen discounts now.....dang I'm old
You’re so old I’ll bet if you went to an antique auction people would bid on you.

Spent last month playing BG3. Going on vacation tomorrow, and pretty much as soon as I get back I'll be playing starfield.
I don't have a pc powerful enough to handle a game like BG3, so I'm stuck waiting for it to go live on the PS5. :confused: Reading the spoiler free reviews, though, it sounds pretty amazing.

I don't have a pc powerful enough to handle a game like BG3, so I'm stuck waiting for it to go live on the PS5. :confused: Reading the spoiler free reviews, though, it sounds pretty amazing.
It claims my laptop isn't powerful enough, but it does anyway. If you can find a demo version it'd be worth giving it a go

Back