Last Poster #7

It claims my laptop isn't powerful enough, but it does anyway. If you can find a demo version it'd be worth giving it a go
My laptop would croak, I think. :) But Starfield goes live on Xbox in like 3 1/2 hours, and BG3 is on the PS5 in just a couple of days. I can wait a bit. Frankly, I think these games will keep me busy for many years.

Maybe @Steve will find this interesting

Saw a piece this morning on NHK News about Hoshoryu Tomokatsu another Mongolian Sumo wrestler. It was an interesting piece. But what surprised me, and I never think of when thinking Sumo, is what they wrestler was like before going into Sumo. He wanted to be a Olympic wrestler and the showed a selfie he took and he was young, very thin with a 6 pack, he was in incredible shape. '
Then he went to Sumo, and is very good at it. just though it was interesting. Looked all over, but could not find that selfie on line, but I did find a pic of his early Sumo days in high school. I never think of any Sumo I see as younger and lighter than they are in the ring. Quite a contrast.

Pics are on the linked page

Saw a piece this morning on NHK News about Hoshoryu Tomokatsu another Mongolian Sumo wrestler. It was an interesting piece. But what surprised me, and I never think of when thinking Sumo, is what they wrestler was like before going into Sumo. He wanted to be a Olympic wrestler and the showed a selfie he took and he was young, very thin with a 6 pack, he was in incredible shape. '
Then he went to Sumo, and is very good at it. just though it was interesting. Looked all over, but could not find that selfie on line, but I did find a pic of his early Sumo days in high school. I never think of any Sumo I see as younger and lighter than they are in the ring. Quite a contrast.

It's a very active effort for most of them to put that weight on. Think about all the calories they're burning every day that they have to not only replace but get in excess of. I'd imagine most rikishi look to be in incredible shape before they join a stable and dedicate themselves to it (and fyi, they're still in incredible shape, they just don't all look it).

It's a very active effort for most of them to put that weight on. Think about all the calories they're burning every day that they have to not only replace but get in excess of. I'd imagine most rikishi look to be in incredible shape before they join a stable and dedicate themselves to it (and fyi, they're still in incredible shape, they just don't all look it).
I know they are in incredible shape and strong as an ox. I mean slam into a guy who is 330 pounds or more lift him up and or just force him out of the ring, and afterwards look like you just took a relaxed stroll through the park....you are in pretty darn good shape. I watched a documentary on Sumo a while back, the training was extensive and impressive, as was what the number of calories they had to eat on a daily basis

In the case of Hoshoryu Tomokatsu hos uncle told him to put on weight gradually, otherwise he would hurt himself.

I think Hoshoryu is heading for Ozeki, unless he’s already been promoted. It’s pretty interesting to see them change over time. Hoshoryu is still very strong. He has a power lifters physique.

In related news, Rob McElhenney fromAlways Sunny in Philadelphia gained 60 lbs one year. I read that he started off yryjng to do it healthily, but wasn’t gaining enough weight. So he ended up doing things like drinking weight gainer in melted ice cream and eating Krispi Kreme donuts and Big Macs every day.

My wife just said that I need to add 20 more lb weight on me. Maybe I should start to drink beer (I don't like cold stuff).

It's so funny that when everybody tries to lose weight, I try to gain weight (I haven't eaten any meat for almost 40 years).

My wife just said that I need to add 20 more lb weight on me. Maybe I should start to drink beer (I don't like cold stuff).

It's so funny that when everybody tries to lose weight, I try to gain weight (I haven't eaten any meat for almost 40 years).
Drink dark beer like they do in England...warm

pint-of-guinness.jpg

If I drink beer, and it is rare these days that is what I do

Honestly? Beer is way healthier for you than soda or liquor. 2 decent beers is about 300 calories with a decent volume of carbs, B vitamins, and electrolytes.

If I had to bulk up fast, beer seems a natural choice, but it makes me feel bloated.

The best way for you to pack on a quick, healthy 20 lbs? Always chocolate milk and peanut butter. 3 tablespoons and a glass of fat free cocoa milk. Mmmmm . My go to midnight snack, probably why I need to lose 20 lbs :)

Hopefully I will be the last poster with this post but I doubt it. I’ve been cross training at a different BJJ gym whilst I’ve been back home from uni with my parents. I am going away soon to university angain and the coach here knows this. I was actually meant to go back Sunday, with Thursday being my last session at that gym. At the end of the session, the coach lined us all up In a strange manner and asked if I was leaving, whilst the whole room was silent. I responded that I would actually be staying for another week, and then he wrapped up the session. I didn’t think too much about the final lineup, but then a lot of the more experienced people at the gym came to speak to me saying he was about to promote me, because he only ever lines them up like that for promotions...

However, I am certain the coach knows that I am simply cross-training there, and that my main coach is at my gym in the university. So why would he try to promote me? However, I don’t want to reject his promotion in front of everyone if he actually tries to do it as I don’t want to be rude or make him feel a bit embarrassed, and I also feel like he might find it insulting if I try to give the belt back in private too… How should I approach this?

well, good beer can be celler cool and still taste alright.
American 'lagers' need to be just above freezing to not be gross.

well, good beer can be celler cool and still taste alright.
American 'lagers' need to be just above freezing to not be gross.
I like a good amber beer like a Stout or Porter. They can be cellar cool and taste great.

What's wrong with the following conversation?

A: Could you explain ...
B: I'm not your teacher (unfriendly mode). Here is a book that you should read.
A: If you don't understand (unfriendly mode) ... just say that you don't understand.
B: @#$%^&
A: &^%$#@

Back