Last Poster #7

Does anybody know the political forum that Martial Talk tells people to go to if they wish to have political discussions?

Technically you are correct, but it is an extremely awkward use of language. Many people, through poor command of proper grammar, use a double negative to mean a negative. So if you want to use it to mean a positive, you will create a lot of confusion in your discussions, even though you are technically correct and others are wrong. So don’t do it.
Where I live, I hear "ain't never" every day.

Where I live, I hear "ain't never" every day.
I guess you could say that it's not uncommon.

I think the number of well-educated people who use double negatives often is not insignificant. But as the Pink Floyd song goes, "We don't need no education."

I guess you could say that it's not uncommon.

I think the number of well-educated people who use double negatives often is not insignificant. But as the Pink Floyd song goes, "We don't need no education."
Haha! That was the song at my senior class dance.

Special how? I have not actually gone to it - outside of checking to make sure it's still active before linking it.
My suggestion is to keep it that way. I took a look around since the link was posted. Maybe a better way to say it, is that it's definitely not my idea of fun. :)

My suggestion is to keep it that way. I took a look around since the link was posted. Maybe a better way to say it, is that it's definitely not my idea of fun. :)
Obviously I went directly against your suggestion, and clicked on a random recent post. It's people arguing about whether or not homosexuality is a choice. I didn't know people were still debating that.

Obviously I went directly against your suggestion, and clicked on a random recent post. It's people arguing about whether or not homosexuality is a choice. I didn't know people were still debating that.
There was an old SNL skit where someone drank some milk and spit it out. "OH MAN! This milk has turned! It's awful. Here, you have to try it!"

But you know, I think it would be constructive for folks to spend a few minutes reading through random threads over there before calling people out around here for trolling. That site is all about trolling. It's a sport over there. :D

When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably horrible
I have become comfortably horrible

Back