Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
20170202_132731_HDR.jpg

Double Americano, black. About 1 to 1 coffee and hot water, in my favorite cup.

20170202_132731_HDR.jpg

Double Americano, black. About 1 to 1 coffee and hot water, in my favorite cup.
That is a cool cup. Most of mine are diner mugs - I have an affinity for those. I've had some other nice ones over time, but none at the moment. Time for a visit to some of the local shops, perhaps.

That is a cool cup. Most of mine are diner mugs - I have an affinity for those. I've had some other nice ones over time, but none at the moment. Time for a visit to some of the local shops, perhaps.
Thanks. I got these from one of the regular vendors at the Pike Place Market. She has a shop down here in the South end. As you can see, I have three mugs. They are all hand made, and happen to be different sizes. The biggest one is my favorite for Americanos. The smaller ones are great for tea or for straight espresso.

I like them because they're not perfect, machine made coffee cups.

20170202_180116_HDR.jpg

Thanks. I got these from one of the regular vendors at the Pike Place Market. She has a shop down here in the South end. As you can see, I have three mugs. They are all hand made, and happen to be different sizes. The biggest one is my favorite for Americanos. The smaller ones are great for tea or for straight espresso.

I like them because they're not perfect, machine made coffee cups.

20170202_180116_HDR.jpg
I like stuff like that, too. I had a hand-thrown travel mug for a long time, that I'd actually painted myself (guaranteed flaws!). I loved the imperfection of it. My favorite wine cup is a hand-made piece, and I love the way it only fits "right" in my hand in one direction.

I am not sure if at this point..... I should feel sorry for you....... or shun you :D

do what you gotta do my friend! :)

That being said - if even the smallest amount of chocolate
didn't make feel dizzy and sick to my stomach - I'd probably
vote for shunning too.. As it is though..

After fighting so hard, I can see why she wouldn't want to leave. There's a lot to be said about living in the middle of nowhere, though it does make some things more difficult, including getting certain services, and starting a MA program.

That's truth, bro. I live on the most isolated land mass on the planet. (not complaining, though) Getting things here is sometimes down right humorous.

Don't know why, but I never realized this before, you're in the upper left hand corner of the USA....I knew you weren't in the upper right like myself and all good folk :D (and if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you) But for some reason I had not thought upper left. Occasionally my powers of observation just seem to be unobservant
It's that decaf you occasionally imbibe. Dangerous stuff, that.

Sleepy today. Work up at 3:50 AM for no reason I can fathom. Drinking coffee, eating Nutella on Nilla wafers, and watching SQL Server training videos.

I think ill just skip coffee and get donuts and fruit juice from the donut store instead. :D

FRUIT JUICE AND DONUTS!!!!!!! That's just wrong.
Agreed! Coffee, definitely. Tea, sure, that's good too. Hot chocolate...well, okay if you seriously crave sugar with your sugar. Milk works fine, too, if you must go cold.

But fruit juice?? WTF??:eek:

No evidence of that, to this point, Steve.

No, there isn't.

The lengthiest part of my day is usually typing up and entering information from letters we receive in the mail. I am already done with that, and the day isn't even half over yet.

I have gone to my supervisor in the past and said, "Is there anything else I can do? Because when the other work runs out, I don't want to just sit there."

Her response: "Well, the most important thing is that you are on the phone to answer questions."

If she is okay with me sitting here doing nothing but answering the occasional call and posting on MT all day, there isn't much I can do. LOL

No, there isn't.

The lengthiest part of my day is usually typing up and entering information from letters we receive in the mail. I am already done with that, and the day isn't even half over yet.

I have gone to my supervisor in the past and said, "Is there anything else I can do? Because when the other work runs out, I don't want to just sit there."

Her response: "Well, the most important thing is that you are on the phone to answer questions."

If she is okay with me sitting here doing nothing but answering the occasional call and posting on MT all day, there isn't much I can do. LOL
My wife has had the same issue at times. She gets more work done in less time than they expect, then she ends up wishing for work.

My wife has had the same issue at times. She gets more work done in less time than they expect, then she ends up wishing for work.

I decided to give MYSELF some work: I will be in this position for only 3 more business days, so I started cleaning out my desk. Of course, giving myself all of this to do today means I won't have it to do on a DIFFERENT day, but hey...I'll cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back