Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
90%. Phah! That's nothing. I ate 5 of these for breakfast.

DSCF09661.jpg

That's basically compressed cocoa powder at that point. Wow.

I know...I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!

just 1% shy from chewing on a cocoa bean :D

Hmm...looks like something World Market might carry. I think I can make it there before class tomorrow. I'll match you yet, damn you!

You may....but only if you eat while drinking....BLACK COFFEE!!!!

actually it is surprisingly tasty

Over here, it's the norm. I like it with a nice Raspberry Cordial they make here at The Winery, along with a nice Cuban and a good movie, of course.

original-2846a7df853e470925600e6ae4587d13.jpg

I think I've mentioned this to Buka before, but I'll never forget ordering "regular" coffee in Boston at a Dunkin Donuts. Regular to those guys is NOT the same as regular to me.

Knowing how you appreciate (celebrate even) good coffee, I'll bet you weren't exactly impressed. :)
Me either.

I know...I MUST HAVE IT!!!!!

just 1% shy from chewing on a cocoa bean :D

You may....but only if you eat while drinking....BLACK COFFEE!!!!

actually it is surprisingly tasty
The black coffee is the easy part. Any suggestion of an excuse to have a cup of coffee is good for me.

think I'll leave the chocolate quest to you guys..
I can't eat chocolate - makes me sick.. :/
Chocolate has only ever made me sick once. I was working very late at a client site (actually, with the woman who is now my wife) and was getting hungry. The only "food" I had handy was a tin of good chocolate. I ate most of it while I was working, and was not well that night, at all.

I don't know what I missed, but...I took the day off from work yesterday.

It was my second-to-last night with the guy from the part-time job. I was supposed to meet him at his house and then do something with him for a couple hours. I texted him and asked him what he wanted to do. No answer. Text him again a few hours later, saying, "Hey are we still on for tonight? It takes me about a half hour to get to your house, so let me know." No text. He didn't say "no," so I had to assume we were still on.

I start driving to his house. Five minutes later..."Hey sorry I didn't text you all day but I stayed home sick, so we aren't working together tonight."

kjbsajhgdsiuhwr7gruewgruiwebrueiytr3-70932uy54h13bn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to let the agency know this guy does this kind of thing to his staff. If he keeps it up, then he needs to be aware they could very well deny him services in the future, especially if he makes a habit of cancelling on people like that. It took the agency a lot of time and coordination to get someone to work with him, and then he goes and pisses it all away? They won't be please to hear that.

I don't know what I missed, but...I took the day off from work yesterday.

It was my second-to-last night with the guy from the part-time job. I was supposed to meet him at his house and then do something with him for a couple hours. I texted him and asked him what he wanted to do. No answer. Text him again a few hours later, saying, "Hey are we still on for tonight? It takes me about a half hour to get to your house, so let me know." No text. He didn't say "no," so I had to assume we were still on.

I start driving to his house. Five minutes later..."Hey sorry I didn't text you all day but I stayed home sick, so we aren't working together tonight."

kjbsajhgdsiuhwr7gruewgruiwebrueiytr3-70932uy54h13bn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to let the agency know this guy does this kind of thing to his staff. If he keeps it up, then he needs to be aware they could very well deny him services in the future, especially if he makes a habit of cancelling on people like that. It took the agency a lot of time and coordination to get someone to work with him, and then he goes and pisses it all away? They won't be please to hear that.
If he was sick, and this isn't something that happened a lot, and also my second to last day on the job, I'd let it go. I wouldn't want this to be my last impression with the people at this job.

If he was sick, and this isn't something that happened a lot, and also my second to last day on the job, I'd let it go. I wouldn't want this to be my last impression with the people at this job.

It's not my last day. I got another consumer I work with who is not such a chronic, last-minute canceller. :)

He's probably going to cancel next Wednesday as well, so I am definitely arranging a backup plan for my free Wednesday night.

Having backup plans sounds reasonable.

I should have made it clear that this guy is in fact a chronic canceller. (Is that even a word? Hmmm...) I mean, if I am going to tell the story, then I should tell ALL of it, right?

The girlfriend got her first big paycheck from her job (salary equivalent of grade 13) so, in her excitement, she wanted to treat us all to dinner, "us all" meaning myself, herself, and her two kids.

Never again, I tell you! We didn't wind up getting to bed until very late. At our age, that is not wise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back