Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already cleaned out my desk...well, not completely because I have those 3 days left...and now I am back at square one.

I guess there is always posting aimlessly on here...

Well, I just picked up some more green coffee beans.

2 lbs Josuma's Malabar Gold Espresso blend
2 lbs Indian Baba Bundangari Chikmagalur Arabidecool Estate
1 lbs Indian, Monsooned Malabar AA
1 lbs Indian Cherry Natural Process Robusta 17

2 lbs Uncertain Blend
1 lbs Tanzania Peaberry CP Select
2 lbs Guatemala Huehuetenango SHB, Tello Family Estate

Should be fun to play around with these. Some blends. Some single origin. Some will be good for blending with other beans.

2 lbs Uncertain Blend

Should be fun to play around with these. Some blends. Some single origin. Some will be good for blending with other beans.

that sounds like a whole nother rabbit hole for hobbies nobody has time for (i.e. Me) to follow....

that sounds like a whole nother rabbit hole for hobbies nobody has time for (i.e. Me) to follow....
Yeah, I don't usually reveal the full depth of my addiction, because coffee doesn't usually come up like this. But it's nice to talk about it with people who also like coffee.

Tried the Dark Chocolate and black coffee hours apart. The Chocolate gave me mild reflux, the coffee did not..... how can I taunt others if I can't have my dark chocolate and coffee :(

2 lbs Uncertain Blend

I've never tried roasting. I don't own enough knowledge to select the right beans to roast. It would be like going to a high-end car shop if you've only ever ridden the bus.

Tried the Dark Chocolate and black coffee hours apart. The Chocolate gave me mild reflux, the coffee did not..... how can I taunt others if I can't have my dark chocolate and coffee :(
All taunting aside, that's a damned shame. I enjoyed tapping into your habit yesterday.

I've never tried roasting. I don't own enough knowledge to select the right beans to roast. It would be like going to a high-end car shop if you've only ever ridden the bus.
It's really not all that. I'm really more of a fan than an expert, if that makes sense. But you really can tell a difference when you drink coffee that was roasted within a couple days. And you can control the roast, which is nice.

It's really not all that. I'm really more of a fan than an expert, if that makes sense. But you really can tell a difference when you drink coffee that was roasted within a couple days. And you can control the roast, which is nice.
I've heard that, but I have also heard that there's a significant difference among beans. I'd have no idea how to choose beans that would fit my preferences. It's something I'd probably do occasionally (I'm fairly certain I could get raw beans around here - it's that kind of area) if I knew what I was looking for.

It's kind of like wine. Start by asking questions, try a lot of things and then branch out once you know what you like. I get my beans online mainly from two places. The coffee project and Sweet Maria's. Both websites are a wealth of info.

It's kind of like wine. Start by asking questions, try a lot of things and then branch out once you know what you like. I get my beans online mainly from two places. The coffee project and Sweet Maria's. Both websites are a wealth of info.
I treat wine the same way I do coffee. I enjoy both, but I don't really find myself around those who know more. I drink what I like. I have little doubt there's stuff I'd enjoy more (I've occasionally tasted such), but I don't really know what makes it so.

It will likely pass, I knew going in, when this habit suddenly appeared that eventually it would end this way. I will be able to get back to it, just not once a day.
Well, I'll think of you those days I reach for the black coffee and dark chocolate in the afternoon, my friend.

My "like coffee" is to yours like my "like cars" is to @Dirty Dog's.

I don't know who originally said it, but there is certainly some truth to the saying that "the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys."

IMG_3312.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back