Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for my quest for the 99% Cocao.... no gots.... I did pick up some 90%.... but I must admit I like the 88% endangered Species chocolate better than the 90% Lindt.... But I must STILL find.... and try...the 99%.... so let it be written....so let it be done

Getting out at 4:00PM for an appointment today. A half hour might not seem like much, but it means the world to me!

It's time......

Organic Decaf Black Coffee and ...... wait for it.....Natural Dark Chocolate with 88% Cocoa......
Breaking out my Organic Half-decaf (I usually blend them) and .... grumble ... 87% Cocoa Organic dark chocolate.

So close.

I am getting so close to being done with my part-time job that I am nearly bouncing in my seat. Can't wait to check out these JKD classes, as well as the Wing Chun school up in Glens Falls.

Enjoy....and if its any consolation... that was my last piece......

But I can walk to the store and buy more today :D
There is nothing I can walk to from my house, except trees and a few other houses. I've left a bit of the chocolate for tomorrow.

You are a bad influence, by the way.

I realize now that my "damn Stillwater" comment might make some wonder why I don't just get the hell out of there.

Well, here's the thing: my girlfriend has a son who has autism. The Stillwater school district did not want to provide him with the services he needed. (For example, he was not very verbal when he was younger, and they decided they wanted to stop him seeing a speech therapist...without consulting her.) My girlfriend had to devote many, MANY years of her life and go through many sleepless nights, researching laws and statutes and what not to gather up the knowledge necessary to fight for him and get him what he needed.

So yeah...after all that fighting, I was not about to ask her to relocate to a new school district and risk her having to go through that again. I'll put up with living in the middle of nowhere...for her, AND him.

I realize now that my "damn Stillwater" comment might make some wonder why I don't just get the hell out of there.

Well, here's the thing: my girlfriend has a son who has autism. The Stillwater school district did not want to provide him with the services he needed. (For example, he was not very verbal when he was younger, and they decided they wanted to stop him seeing a speech therapist...without consulting her.) My girlfriend had to devote many, MANY years of her life and go through many sleepless nights, researching laws and statutes and what not to gather up the knowledge necessary to fight for him and get him what he needed.

So yeah...after all that fighting, I was not about to ask her to relocate to a new school district and risk her having to go through that again. I'll put up with living in the middle of nowhere...for her, AND him.
After fighting so hard, I can see why she wouldn't want to leave. There's a lot to be said about living in the middle of nowhere, though it does make some things more difficult, including getting certain services, and starting a MA program.

There is nothing I can walk to from my house, except trees and a few other houses. I've left a bit of the chocolate for tomorrow.

You are a bad influence, by the way.

It is a walk from my office....and bad influence...ME!!!! never...

illus-panther-2015.jpg

77392-1.jpg

organic-coffee-benefits.jpg

After fighting so hard, I can see why she wouldn't want to leave. There's a lot to be said about living in the middle of nowhere, though it does make some things more difficult, including getting certain services, and starting a MA program.

Not only did she not want to, but I would never dare to ask her.

See, I knew about the fight she had gone through before the choice to live together was made. So then when it was discussed as an option, she asked where I would want to get a place with her. I said, "You already have a place in Stillwater."

I could never ask her to put herself through all that again...for my dumb a$$.

Not only did she not want to, but I would never dare to ask her.

See, I knew about the fight she had gone through before the choice to live together was made. So then when it was discussed as an option, she asked where I would want to get a place with her. I said, "You already have a place in Stillwater."

I could never ask her to put herself through all that again...for my dumb a$$.
Don't discount your dumb ***, my friend. And there are places where such a fight isn't as likely to be necessary.

Don't discount your dumb ***, my friend. And there are places where such a fight isn't as likely to be necessary.

Right, but it didn't help that she was only a few months into her lease when we decided to live together. LOL I doubt the landlord would have let her out of it. Then again, we could have tried.

But you know how it is...shoulda, woulda, coulda. We made the choice we thought was best at the time.

Right, but it didn't help that she was only a few months into her lease when we decided to live together. LOL I doubt the landlord would have let her out of it. Then again, we could have tried.

But you know how it is...shoulda, woulda, coulda. We made the choice we thought was best at the time.
That's all any of us can ever do, brother.

Well...I may have enjoyed my coffee and dark chocolate a bit too much.... I had a 90% today to...you know...to compare..... acid reflux kicked up...so now...it ginger tea....luckily I like ginger tea....

Note to self: figure out something that goes great with Ginger tea to taunt gpseymour with

Well...I may have enjoyed my coffee and dark chocolate a bit too much.... I had a 90% today to...you know...to compare..... acid reflux kicked up...so now...it ginger tea....luckily I like ginger tea....

Note to self: figure out something that goes great with Ginger tea to taunt gpseymour with
Sorry to hear about that. I haven't had any issues with my acid reflux in more than a year.

On a side note: There's an Ethiopian restaurant in Alexandria, VA that has a very nice ginger tea.

(EDIT: Ethiopian food would be a good taunt. Not so good for acid reflux, though.)

Sorry to hear about that. I haven't had any issues with my acid reflux in more than a year.

On a side note: There's an Ethiopian restaurant in Alexandria, VA that has a very nice ginger tea.

(EDIT: Ethiopian food would be a good taunt. Not so good for acid reflux, though.)

Thanks

It may have been the organic decaf coffee.... I will see tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back