Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The disturbance in the Force you are all sensing is me actually considering making minor adjustments to my workout regime in the next couple of weeks... following @gpseymour 's pointing out that the reason I've been having more pain and my immune system has been acting up more lately is because I might be over-training... So, I am actually THINKING about training only four days a week instead of five or six. I am pondering it.

It's a difficult thought process, because I do have a Warrior Dash in April. And a half-Mudder in October. And major system implementations in February, April, July, and October. And there are some books I want to publish. Decisions, decisions...

P.S. Let this serve as proof that women DO occasionally listen to men and even consider acting upon their advice. :smug:
LOL on the PS...

but with all that going on, a little more rest sounds actually like it would be productive....
You got time to amp it up for the half mudder again...a month or two prior should be sufficient though.

LOL on the PS...

but with all that going on, a little more rest sounds actually like it would be productive....
You got time to amp it up for the half mudder again...a month or two prior should be sufficient though.
I know... I am neurotic about physical events. Because I was born a premie, almost died of pneumonia when I was one, and then was sickly through my entire childhood, my whole family kept telling me how unfit I was for fitness (pun totally intended). So, getting involved in martial arts and mud runs is my attempt to overturn the perception - by others and by myself - that I am some sort of porcelain doll who will shatter at the slightest tremor. As the result, I do tend to overdo it. I need to work on that.

The disturbance in the Force you are all sensing is me actually considering making minor adjustments to my workout regime in the next couple of weeks... following @gpseymour 's pointing out that the reason I've been having more pain and my immune system has been acting up more lately is because I might be over-training... So, I am actually THINKING about training only four days a week instead of five or six. I am pondering it.

It's a difficult thought process, because I do have a Warrior Dash in April. And a half-Mudder in October. And major system implementations in February, April, July, and October. And there are some books I want to publish. Decisions, decisions...

P.S. Let this serve as proof that women DO occasionally listen to men and even consider acting upon their advice. :smug:
:eek:

Okay, so the place where the kinesiology tape took some skin from just above the inside of my left elbow is almost healed. I think I'll tape that elbow again tomorrow.

Now if only I knew a taping method that would correct all the various things that feel wrong in my right elbow right now. I don't think even Bryony could do that with 3 pieces of tape.

Now if only I knew a taping method that would correct all the various things that feel wrong

linenmummy.jpg

Ok, friends, I have a "dress rehearsal" for a major system implementation this week. I provide technical and (by virtue of technical) emotional support for medical coders and billers - people who help us make sure patients don't get slammed with insane bills and doctors get paid. Please keep fingers, toes, and other appendages crossed for me.

Anyone else not seeing the movie Alpha because the wolf/dog is most likely going to die?

I'm not seeing the movie Alpha because I have no idea what it is...that and I no longer go to movies...I generally wait for the eldest to come home and tell me about movies... and then if I like what I hear I wait for the DVD....Generally though...I don't like what I hear

Back to work today after two months off. Oh, woe is me.

Our sick and annual rolls over and we get to add whatever we have built up as years of service when you retire...Currently I have 3,933 hours (492 days or almost 2 years) of sick and annual built up.

If I can accrue another 2000 hours over the next 11 years I can retire.

Having been out of work due to injury for extended periods of time I can say from experience that you'll be happy to get back to work once you get there, it will be nice to be back at it doing what you are paid to do...and by the time that feeling subsides you will only have 470 minutes left of your first day to deal with the same old stuff you dealt with before the time off....if your lucky.....

Our sick and annual rolls over and we get to add whatever we have built up as years of service when you retire...Currently I have 3,933 hours (492 days or almost 2 years) of sick and annual built up.

If I can accrue another 2000 hours over the next 11 years I can retire.

That's great, CB, go get em', bro. I don't have any of that any more. Used to before I retired, but this "contract police work" crap doesn't even give sick days. Ah, well, all in all it ain't too bad.

Having been out of work due to injury for extended periods of time I can say from experience that you'll be happy to get back to work once you get there, it will be nice to be back at it doing what you are paid to do...and by the time that feeling subsides you will only have 470 minutes left of your first day to deal with the same old stuff you dealt with before the time off....if your lucky.....

Yes, you're right, it will be great to see the guys and help out folks. Hopefully there won't be too many drunks who start getting crazy. It usually takes me a couple days to get back into the "nothing you say or do can even raise my pulse rate" mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back