Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 years ago Friday night was a time to go out a party.....20 years ago it was a night to go out and have a good time....now....I don't want to party....I'm tired and thinking about going to bed.....and that is a good time...... good night MT
Oddly, “party” was never a verb for me. I’ve always been a bit too old for that, somehow. Or maybe just a bit to odd. The words are similar.

30 years ago Friday night was a time to go out a party.....20 years ago it was a night to go out and have a good time....now....I don't want to party....I'm tired and thinking about going to bed.....and that is a good time...... good night MT
30 years ago on Friday night I was either doing homework or running the household (that was the year my mom's cancer resurfaced). 20 years ago I was...yup... doing homework. I was finishing my Bachelor's and working. 10 years ago I was probably writing new code for volume forecasting I was doing. That's not good is it? I don't think that makes me a Friday night party person.

Thirty years ago....I had hair....and it was black.

SouthAfricaCrop.jpeg

Oddly, “party” was never a verb for me. I’ve always been a bit too old for that, somehow. Or maybe just a bit to odd. The words are similar.
Definitely odd. :D
tenor.gif

Go ahead throw a party... Stay out till 9:30pm, put you beverage on the table without the coaster.

Who the hell makes a printer, and has the factory settings set for "Glossy brochure paper"?

HP, that's who.

Got a new (inexpensive) printer, immediate reason to be able to print heat lists at our Pinewood Derby races today. First go round, it's taking FOREVER plus to print.

Find workarounds, get things moving, and stole a few minutes to check for problems. "Check your paper type..." Yeah, factory default is "glossy"... meaning it runs a line of print, waits for it to dry, runs the next line, etc... Fought through changing that (different issues going on... like running a projector which changed screen resolutions ... to make it more challenging)... and problem solved!

Sheesh!

Who the hell makes a printer, and has the factory settings set for "Glossy brochure paper"?

HP, that's who.

Got a new (inexpensive) printer, immediate reason to be able to print heat lists at our Pinewood Derby races today. First go round, it's taking FOREVER plus to print.

Find workarounds, get things moving, and stole a few minutes to check for problems. "Check your paper type..." Yeah, factory default is "glossy"... meaning it runs a line of print, waits for it to dry, runs the next line, etc... Fought through changing that (different issues going on... like running a projector which changed screen resolutions ... to make it more challenging)... and problem solved!

Sheesh!
What? You don't print everything on glossy paper? I like my quick drafts to look all shiny!

Please...no printer talk today.... I deal with the stupid things all week at work and my printer at home is exceptionally annoying.....
I am roasting some pumpkin seeds with a touch of sour cream-and-onion seasoning and getting ready to make some of my famous orange vodka cordials. There, is that better than printer talk?

Super moon, blue moon, lunar eclipse coming on Wednesday night. Might be cool.

Anyone Interested?

My friend has 2 tickets for the 2018 Super Bowl in Minnesota, both box seats. He paid $2,000 for both tickets, but didn't realize when he bought them it was going to be the same weekend as his wedding.

If you're interested he's looking for someone to take his place. It's at Holy Name Church in West Roxbury MA, at 3 P.M. Her name is Cindy, she's 5'3' about a hundred twenty pounds, great cook, good sense of humor. She'll be the one in the white dress.

Anyone Interested?

My friend has 2 tickets for the 2018 Super Bowl in Minnesota, both box seats. He paid $2,000 for both tickets, but didn't realize when he bought them it was going to be the same weekend as his wedding.

If you're interested he's looking for someone to take his place. It's at Holy Name Church in West Roxbury MA, at 3 P.M. Her name is Cindy, she's 5'3' about a hundred twenty pounds, great cook, good sense of humor. She'll be the one in the white dress.
:smuggrin:

The disturbance in the Force you are all sensing is me actually considering making minor adjustments to my workout regime in the next couple of weeks... following @gpseymour 's pointing out that the reason I've been having more pain and my immune system has been acting up more lately is because I might be over-training... So, I am actually THINKING about training only four days a week instead of five or six. I am pondering it.

It's a difficult thought process, because I do have a Warrior Dash in April. And a half-Mudder in October. And major system implementations in February, April, July, and October. And there are some books I want to publish. Decisions, decisions...

P.S. Let this serve as proof that women DO occasionally listen to men and even consider acting upon their advice. :smug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back