Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue was really that I did not want to upgrade. It snug itself through.
the speech recognition was shot ever since.
I was using it, but can manage without, sooo
but non of my games like 10...
And now with Avast doing funky things, I lose more of them, too....

Can you roll back to Windows 7?

Check the specs of your software and see what it is compatible with. If Windows 10 is not listed it is likely they will not work and you will need to upgrade them as well.

There was an issue with the recognition software, but I dealt with that a well over a year ago and if my memory is correct, and it might not be, we either quit trying or we found a solution through Microsoft

Ok, you IT gurus....
I know I need to find Carol (thank Dog for facebook)

My PC is nearing the end of it's lifespan, in regard of windows support (I hated 10, and opted to return to 7 after the involuntary update, leaving me with broken speech recognition, etc and probably a lot of things I have not noticed)

Would changing it over to a different OS save it from a premature death?
If the problems are OS based, then yeah. Once you get used to it, 10 isn't awful (better than 8, at any rate). I'd love to go back to 7 (when I has some actual control of my computer), but I'd miss some of the features of 10.

tenor.gif

BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig.gif~c200
Maybe a rum cookie? Or leave the cookie - just the rum?

Please raise a glass to my Jewish Grandma Lora today - this would have been her birthday and a huge party in our family, complete with her lethal horseradish, pickled tomatoes, herring in a fur coat, and many other things culminating in her famous Napoleon cake.

Oops..... apparently hitting the top of a printer/scanner isn’t a viable fix.

RN5ReLC.jpg

been reading

Xing Yi Quan
Tu Na Si Ba
The Four Breathing forms os Master Li Gui Chang
by Song Zhi Yong with Tom Bisio

Don't know why, but I have this overwhelming urge to go stand in post (what many call Zhan Zhuang) and Santi Shi...and I have not wanted to do that in months...think I'll go stand...later

Can you roll back to Windows 7?

Check the specs of your software and see what it is compatible with. If Windows 10 is not listed it is likely they will not work and you will need to upgrade them as well.

There was an issue with the recognition software, but I dealt with that a well over a year ago and if my memory is correct, and it might not be, we either quit trying or we found a solution through Microsoft
I did right after the involuntary update to ten. But some bugs persisted, but I can neglect them.
I am just feeling that my poor little machine is bursting out of the seems, with every new program eating up more memory...
But for the life of me, I can't fathom why the upgrade to 10 and the subsequent return to 7 busted my speech recognition.
I am using default english, for pete's sake!

But it can be satisfying.

Until I realized I have to figure out a valid excuse for my supervisor how my scanner glass got broken.

I’m going with fighting off N. Korean Ninjas trying to hack our network.

Until I realized I have to figure out a valid excuse for my supervisor how my scanner glass got broken.

I’m going with fighting off N. Korean Ninjas trying to hack our network.
If they were ninjas, they broke the scanner, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions

Back