How far would you travel to train......

Travel is an issue, but it all depends on your dedication and objectives in learning American Kenpo! If you feel a break in your training would not be detremental, go for it.
But be true to yourself and your training, and dont let anyone knock you down for that decision!

I travel 2 hours one way. Did that once a week for a year and a half for an hour private lesson. Now, I travel twice a month (every other week) for a 2 hour private each time. There were other instructors closer but once I met my instructor and what he had to offer I didn't want to train anywhere else. I would have to agree with most on here and go with the best instructor. Everything else will fall into place.

It's less than a 20 minute commute for me. But depending on the detours I may have to make based on the traffic, I end up driving right past up to five other karate dojos (but a minimum of two, if traffic on the main route is clear) just to get to mine. One of them is two blocks down the street from me - about a 10 minute walk.

If the commute between several options are all less than 45 minutes, I don't let the commute time (or distance) dictate my choice.

Latest Discussions

Back