U.K. Sword Ban

Who ever said the law was supposed to make sense? Look how many places outlaw automatic knives. As if 95% of the knives on the market weren't designed to be flipped open one handed. Somehow, that spring makes them SOOOOOOOO much more dangerous.
When Colorado banned "high capacity" magazines, they exempted ones that you already owned. The reasoning? Because according to the sponsor of the bill, people will shoot the rounds in those magazines. Apparently, in their world, magazines are a single use item.
Well, the intention behind the law is one thing and is a discussion of its own. In the case of shuriken and nunchaku in California, these are being openly sold in the face of their illegality. So, I dunno.

Well, the intention behind the law is one thing and is a discussion of its own. In the case of shuriken and nunchaku in California, these are being openly sold in the face of their illegality. So, I dunno.
According to some google-fu, they're no longer illegal.

Who ever said the law was supposed to make sense? Look how many places outlaw automatic knives. As if 95% of the knives on the market weren't designed to be flipped open one handed. Somehow, that spring makes them SOOOOOOOO much more dangerous.
When Colorado banned "high capacity" magazines, they exempted ones that you already owned. The reasoning? Because according to the sponsor of the bill, people will shoot the rounds in those magazines. Apparently, in their world, magazines are a single use item.
Shhh. Don’t tell secrets!

This person is a barrister and explains the U.K. law, if it’s of any interest.

So screwdriver is the best legal pick because a folder with no lock is just a s*it design.
Screwdrivers we’re the weapon of choice when I lived in Glasgow, Scotland in the 90s. The multiple stab wounds, usually to the buttocks, were virtually impossible to suture and very debilitating for the poor victim. 😳

Screwdrivers we’re the weapon of choice when I lived in Glasgow, Scotland in the 90s. The multiple stab wounds, usually to the buttocks, were virtually impossible to suture and very debilitating for the poor victim. 😳
That is really bizarre. What is up with the screwdriver stabbing to the butt? Is that a severe form of hazing?

Last edited:
Screwdrivers were the weapon of choice when I lived in Glasgow, Scotland in the 90s. The multiple stab wounds, usually to the buttocks, were virtually impossible to suture and very debilitating for the poor victim. 😳
My weapon of choice as a teen was a D cell battery. You throw it, put it in your fist, or put it in your sock.

My weapon of choice as a teen was a D cell battery. You throw it, put it in your fist, or put it in your sock.
Mine was my intelligence, my wit and razor-like sarcasm 😑

I didn’t really flourish in my teens…

Well, much to everyone’s surprise, the newly purchased (antique) sword has cleared British customs😳. I assume UPS are working out how much import tax to charge!

Couldn’t you get the sender to say it was a gift? Arbuthnot that would be illegal.
Most reputable dealers won’t do that anymore. Plus the insurance would be void should it get lost/damaged in transit.

I just bought a tsuba (antique sword guard) for about £350 and the import tax was £76. I dread to think what it’ll be on that sword…about £1000 if it’s a proportional scale!🤢🤮

Last edited:
Like these…
488F94DD-E996-4DA5-B757-3F1230C6BF09.jpeg

Back